Wattpad Protostars - For those who want to be Wattpad Stars

:star: A.K.A Star hopefuls, future stars, wishful thinkers:star:

If you’re looking for information on Stars or what Wattpad looks for in a writer, see these awesome notes put together by @FireAlwaysReturns and @calmwolf, documenting the AMA’s with Nick and Sam.

Alright y’all, there’s some science behind this title so sit on down while I give you a little refresher in astronomy. (:joy: I love how I’m saying all of this as if I didn’t totally just google it.)

You see, before a star is a star, it is first an interstellar cloud and then a protostar. As a protostar, it is trying so hard to become a star. It’s the baby protostar’s dream to be a real star!

It works hard every day, gathering mass from from its parent molecular cloud (I don’t know what that is in this analogy. Motivation from our readers? Inspiration from other stars? I’ll let your imagination run wild with that one.)

This is where we are, my pals. (Unless you’re here and you’re a star, in which case, :heart_eyes: please show us your ways.)

If you are writing with no interest in joining Stars, you are an interstellar cloud. If you are a star hopeful, actively working toward being invited into the program, you are a protostar.

So which are you?

• Interstellar Cloud :cloud:
  • Protostar :dizzy:
  • Wattpad Star :star:

0 voters

Also, please feel free to talk about how much you want to be a star, how great it is to be a star, etc. etc. below.

💫

@LittleMinx94 @Lightning_Stryker @Spruce_Goose @astrophile @Xenoclea

Ayyyy, you did it xD

6 Likes

I did :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

One of the requirements is at least one completed story (was it a novel?) well I have none at the moment and I am far from close to done

Got tons of poetry tho :joy:

15 Likes

Now we can all be sad about not being stars together :joy:

15 Likes

But once you are, boom, you qualify!

8 Likes

I’d probably change the description and Title to specify ‘Wattpad Star’ just in case someone comes across this UWU @LailaLiliana

1 Like

looks at two year old story when are you ever getting done?

8 Likes

GUESS WHO’S HERE? YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD JAY! :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

The Goose is here too!!!

4 Likes

YAAAAS LET’S GET IIIIIT

4 Likes

I mean, I have two completed stories, but they’re both fanfics and not originals so…

2 Likes

WOOOOOO

1 Like

Nope. No. We will not be sad. We will be good little protostars, gathering mass from a molecular cloud until we are stars!

10 Likes

But I like being sad

2 Likes

Same here. All my works are ongoing and I really want to at least have one finished before I even think about Stars or PS.
But it’s always nice to dream :star2: :smiley:

2 Likes

I mean, I’d also take just being featured ;-;

3 Likes

Same though, same

IT’LL HAPPEN!!! YOU GOTTA BEEELLLIIIIEEEVVVEEEE

4 Likes

I’ve been trying for the 4 years I’ve been on Wattpad and have managed to gather like 450,000+ reads on my account without it, so not complaining. But it would still be a totally nice thing to happen since I’ve been trying for sooooo long and people are actually engaging with my works.

5 Likes