WATTPAD!!!! WE NEED A STORY RECOVERY SYSTEM!

Please!!!
My mother as punishment, likes to delete my stories.
Please start working on a story recover system!

By recovery system, you mean recovering stories that we deleted and not unpublished? Because as far as i know, you can only get your story back if you unpublish it but if you delete it, it’s gone

I agree
:thinking:when you delete a story too you have to enter your password, they don’t keep it cause when you delete something they want to abide by that?

You don’t back up your stories? I know most people save their story on one r multiple platforms that aren’t WP

Are you talking to me or the JazzyBallet?

Either or. I’m agreeing with you, then just started on my own thoughts XD

2 Likes

Haha, okay, i understand

2 Likes

Have you considered making a backup copy of your stories elsewhere?

1 Like

This has been talked about here if you want to hear more feedbacks :slight_smile:

try back-upping using OneNote or in Google Drive, in that way when your mom deletes it you still have a back-up

Change your password and don’t give her access to your account.

2 Likes

And if you’re on a shared computer, remember to log out of your account.

1 Like

I do agree with people. Backups are a way to go. You cannot wait for Wattpad to update these things but you can surely work on the solutions yourself and copy it. COPY IT EVERYWHERE, girl))):smiley:

1 Like

Yup, if you need multiple backups and all the previous editions, google drive is your best friend.
You mom can delete all your documents in google drive, but you can recover them easily. Also all your files can be sync to your android phone, so your mom will need to delete them in your phone too.
One more tip, for a tiger mom like that, you need to take extreme cautions. Backup your files to your thumb drives, sync them to your phone, and always always put passwords in everything. (Remember to put one for the screensaver too.)

1 Like

I would write your story out on a notebook first or save up for a simple flashdrive so that you have them. That sucks that your mother is petty enough to delete your hard work, I’m sorry that you have to go through that tho that is an intriguing idea.

Write your story in a notebook and than hide said notebook, that way your mother won’t know where it is. Or hide said flashdrive (make sure you remember where it is tho).

1 Like

What is wrong with her???

1 Like

Yeah, right? I had the same thought in my mind. The daughter was doing something amazing, but the mom is deleting her fantasy. What kind of world is this?! :dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

1 Like

No I mean deleted stories in general

My mom has acess to my drive…so she deletes them from there too

If I do that then she’ll just delete my google account.
It a lot more risky if I change my password

Sounds like a helicopter parent. :confused:

1 Like