Wattpad wish list

hey guys, so I know most off us have joined wattpad in hopes of furthering our writing skill, and some of us are just on here for fun and for the stories. I’m just interested in knowing what your purpose is for joining wattpad. Who knows maybe we can all help each other out with our goals. I’ll go first.

So when I first joined Wattpad, I had no intentions on writing, but then I feel in love with their werewolf section and I was inspired to write. I main goal as of lately is to have one of my stories make it onto the features list. What’s your?

6 Likes

I’ve been writing for a very long time and I’ve shared my stories on different sites over the years, and when I heard of wattpad I signed up. I wasn’t too sure about wattpad at first, it had a reputation for being a place for One Direction fanfiction and other similar content, but I gave it a chance and started exploring and found some great content and even greater community of writers. My main goal at the moment is to finish my story, I have it all outlined but I’m a super slow writer, so it’s going to take me awhile :laughing:

2 Likes

lol, I admit I am too a slow writer, and plus I have developed this really bad habit of starting new stories that I hope would catch on, making it so that it takes time away from my main story. But I have just started back on the story that I’m pushing for, and I’ve been updating like crazy. I’m really hoping that this is the one that takes me all the way, and by the amount of likes and reads that I’ve been getting it, just might come true.

1 Like

I used to do that too, starting new stories all the time. The idea just comes and it’s really hard to push it back and concentrate on what I’m already writing. It’s great that you’ve been updating a lot, I’m terrible at keeping my updates consistent, but at this point, my group of readers already know that and are super understanding. I hope you reached your goal to get featured, since they changed the system I have no idea what it takes to get on the features list.

1 Like

Another super slow writer here. I planned to finish my current WIP at the end of last year but it keeps on getting postponed. At the moment, my main goal is to make public transit a subplot in every story I write.

2 Likes

I was hoping to finish my WIP this year but I’m on chapter nineteen of forty five, so I doubt I’ll get it done. So many things happen on public transport, the subway has taught me a lot about people.

1 Like

Great topic! My main purpose for joining Wattpad was to read but when I realised I could write and post I continued in the hopes of improving my creative writing. Now I’m still here in the Hope’s that I can help, encourage and inspire others to write and follow their dreams.

3 Likes

Hey guys. I joined wattpad just to be able to read but I always thought of stories in my head so I decided to give writing a go. My first book was terrible so I removed it. A few years later I started on another one which I finished and busy with the next one in the series and got another idea for a book last night which isn’t even werewolf related. I am also a very slow writer since it’s a lot harder to get my thoughts on paper!

3 Likes

We should start a support group for slow writers :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I heard about Wattpad and I was like ‘Free books and people can read my stuff! Sign me up!’ So I did. My first book was a complete mess and I got bored of it after the first chapter, so I deleted it and began my current story. I’m also a slow writer and my original plan was to finish my story by Christmas, alas, that definitely won’t be happening

1 Like

My goal is to make it to the feature list and get 100k reads (I am 135 there,) and spread awareness about the threat of an eating disorder

1 Like

It’ so amazing to see how all our Wattpad wishlists differ. I always thought that everyone’s goal was to get featured or win a Watty but it’s so cool to see that there are so many dreams that don’t pertain to either of those

3 Likes

I always had the intention of writing. I started out to just have anyone read my stories, but as I’ve gotten positive feedback and improved, I want a bit more. I want to win a couple of contests and hopefully get my stuff featured soon enough.

It’s been cool meeting a few people too, didn’t expect that at all

1 Like

I love reading all of these posts here. What is your Wattpad wishlist? If I may ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I never noticed this post, sorry for the late reply! >_<
It would be a dream if I won a Wattys or got featured but really, I’m just realistically happy to chat and blow up my amount of activity on the forums lolol