Hi everyone! Welcome to the #Wattpad4 January Chat!
Welcome to the start of 2020! I’m Fallon DeMornay, your hostest with the mostest LOL and this is my first time creating a thread in the new community forums. Excited to start the new decade chasing all the plot bunnies - I’m sure you are, too.
But some of the bunnies are rascally, tricky little devils (looking at you, Bugs!)
So what happens if you catch one that is … complicated? Delicate? Or too hot to handle?
Especially in the heat of today’s political and writing climate, with movements like Black Lives Matter, Me Too, twitter drags and Call Out culture, we thought this would be a great topic to discuss.
We can’t wait to read your answers!
Happy writing (and chatting)!
Fallon & The Wattpad4
To check out our November chat: Productivity and Motivation, click here:
(#Wattpad4 November Chat: Productivity and Motivation! )
To check out our December chat: Productivity and Motivation, click here:
(#Wattpad4 December Chat: So you wrote a story, now what…EDITING! )
From left to right:
- Lindsey Summers @DoNotMicrowave author of Textrovert & The Trouble with Friendship
- Fallon DeMornay @FallonDeMornay author of The Stiletto Sisterhood & Out of Focus
- L.D.Crichton @LDCrichton author of All Our Broken Pieces & Enchantment of Emma Fletcher
- Monica Sanz @DistantDreamer, author of Seventh Born & Mirror Bound (Witchling Academy Series)
- Rebecca Sky @RebeccaSky author of Arrowheart and Heartstruck (The Love Curse series)
- When deciding on writing a sensitive subject, how do you decide when to pursue vs. stay in your lane?
2. When writing a sensitive/challenging subject – what are the most important things to consider?
3. When deciding on a sensitive subject, how do you know when you’ve done enough vs. gone too far?
4. They say write what scares you: is there a subject you’d love to tackle but are too afraid to touch? Why?
5. If you’ve written something sensitive or challenging, how was the experience? / For those who haven’t written – what’s a book you’ve recently read that tackled a sensitive/challenging subject that you thought was well executed? If so – why?
I’m so excited to share some amazing news! @RebeccaSky’s novels ARROWHEART & HEARTSTRUCK are coming out in North America on Jan 7th!! Go here to find out where you can grab your copies: (http://bit.ly/2XTtnHZ)
Alright guys, it’s time for the open Q&A portion of the chat! If you have any questions for the #Wattpad4 or about what we’ve covered in today, let us know!
(Please no read requests!)
Thanks so much for chatting with us! We’ll be back with a new topic on the first Monday of every month so be sure to mark your calendars! Our next chat will be February 3rd
Ciao for now,