Wattys 2019

writing
question
discussion
help

They wattys open up on June 4th! The tenth anniversary! Are you guys freaking out?

54 Likes
Ask the Ambassadors Anything
We Need More Friends 47.0.1

Nope :slight_smile: but hey, you are free to freak out

11 Likes

I cannot wait!

1 Like

Nice. I’ll make sure to join if I can

Where are you seeing this?

1 Like

The only thing on their page is from last year.

1 Like

hi

https://www.wattpad.com/user/TheWattys

Never mind… I found it! They updated!

2 Likes

Thanks. I was just questioning it since I hadn’t seen anything official, and people usually post official announcements. Plus, I would think we’d get a pinned thread with the rules in the forums. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re welcome. And lol, don’t worry. I was questioning it too! It looks like that page is the only one they really updated so far, so they may just not be fully ready to officially announce it yet.

2 Likes

I expect we’ll hear something within the next couple of weeks official concerning the rules. I bet the grand prize with be either a publishing offer through their publishing house or Paid Stories.

5 Likes

I would love either one of those prize options, honestly. I hope that’s true.

1 Like

Hey, I’m broke so I need the cash. XD

3 Likes

I definitely think I have a shot at World Building, or whatever it was called last year. Just keeping fingers crossed the story matches the criteria.

1 Like

Same!

1 Like

I also think you can technically republish chapters so they match the criteria, but that feels like cheating to me.

I have never entered

Yeah, I’m not so sure on the rules there. This would be my first year entering. I want to say that sounds like something they wouldn’t necessarily mind, though.

1 Like

I think they also had a rising stars category.

1 Like

I only discovered Wattpad last fall, so this is the first Wattys I get to experience! I’m a noob writer, so I definitely won’t accomplish anything, but I’m really excited to see all the new stories and see the writers here get the recognition they deserve!

1 Like