WATTYS

I have one big question about the wattys. If I submit my story now will the changes I make in the future be able to be reviewed by the judges.

From what I have heard it keeps it as is. No new changes after submitting :pensive: Good luck when you enter!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

No, Enter when you are ready to enter. I am waiting until the last minute for sure.

Thank you i’ll try my best :slight_smile: ! Same to you if you find yourself submitting a novel.

1 Like

Best of luck! This is my first Wattys and I’m excited just to participate.

1 Like

From what I’ve read, it starts as soon as they ‘open’ it, as opposed to when you enter. However, I regret entering so soon, because I’ve added a lot of content/editing since and there is no way of telling whether it has already been judged or not (they start looking before the deadline). So my advice is to leave it as long as possible, which is what I wish I had done

3 Likes

Note that there are a couple of entries entered into the Wattys 2019 that are ongoing or haven’t been fully completed yet.

I did the same thing :sweat_smile::joy: Best of luck to you!

1 Like

I only joined wattpad three months ago so I was a bit of a noob lmao! Good luck to you and everyone else participating!

1 Like

Same, it’s my first one as well. A little nervous, but excited to enter my first contest.

I’m debating whether or not I should just wait until next Wattys to submit my complete story.

It’s never clear what they do. I did it last year and didn’t make it, but as long as you keep updating through to next year you can try again next year too.

1 Like

Personally, it’s best to wait. I completed my story back in January and finally submitted it to the Wattys this year.

My current ongoing one was already at 10K words, and Wattpad stated that the story is Wattys ready. Yeah, it’s ready for them but not for me. I still haven’t completed it yet, so I’m holding it back.

I really like the way you explained that. I know that once it’s done I can submit it with a lot of confidence, instead of just throwing it in how it is now.

1 Like

Basically what happens is once you enter you can be judged at any time and you will only be judged for what they see at the time they look. So you could be judged in an hour, or a month later, you have no way of knowing. If you update it after they’ve already judged it, they won’t re-judge it. So don’t enter unless you feel the book is truly ready (or it’s about to close and you have no choice LOL)

3 Likes

I think i’m just going to wait for it to roll around again next year.

Just keep in mind there is a chance it won’t be eligible for next year. They don’t always keep the same dates for when a book must be posted to be eligible.

I heard we will be kept updated by email, so I just took a look at my settings.

Not sure if this is happening to any of you, but my email is dawn.ashes.2018@gmail.com and the Wattpad settings keep showing dawnashes2018@gmail.com

I tried changing it, but the site says that the email is already registered…

Interesting tidbit I learned the other day: in terms of gmail, periods are not counted as part of the email address. If mine is Already.taken@gmail.com, I can type alreadytaken@gmail.com and it will still send it to me. Wattpad keeps the simplified version without the period. So dont worry

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thanks, Sam!

1 Like