We're Rebranding!

discussion
rebrand

This is a Discourse feature and is not related to Wattpad. You can read this article for more info-

Clicking on a profile image directs you to the summary of the user. And their total activity in the community forums-

For more info on the forums, you can ask here-

P.S: I’m not an Ambassador, just a random user :slight_smile:

Hello! I actually don’t know exactly which one it is, but…

When you go onto your own profile page and edit the bio there (like if you click on my Wattpad page and view my bio), that’s the bio I’m talking about.

Ooh, thank you very much for the reply! I’ll definitely give them a read.

Unfortunate that we switched over to Discourse. I hope Wattpad considers the old Forum layout: the scrollbar will prove to be annoying (even if not much can be done about it).

The old forums were severely outdated and could not be updated at all. That’s why they were deleted. This new one has a lot of modern capabilities. You can have a look at this thread for more info-

But… the old logo imprinted on people’s brains.

Can we make the website less bright and… well, horrid? I suffer with chronic migraines, and I’ve had to stop using Wattpad. Dark mode is sorely needed.

Wattpad has to move forward, to visualize ideas, to conceptualize plans to reflect the company’s new business policies. The new logo :wattpad: is the first step in that direction. Had read somewhere that “Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous in the end.”

I was an entrepreneur, had my online lingerie company for 3 years before closing it down 10 months ago. I know what goes in the making, marketing, visualizing of the site. The behind the scenes stuff. And I do understand why some decisions have to be made in the best interests of the company.

On the imprint side of things, I have to nerd out (marketing-wise) here and share just how much even famous logos never truly stick in people’s heads: https://www.boredpanda.com/famous-brand-logos-drawn-from-memory

Thanks a lot for sharing such an interesting survey, Emma :slight_smile: Loved reading the results.

Hey, guy,s just wanna warn you of something. (You may already know, but humor me)

If you get on the web, DO NOT expect to find “works” under your dropdown. If you’re looking for it, there’s now a “Write” dropdown beside the premium button. It’s hidden pretty well among the white top bar for me, but premium users seem to have more ease finding it.

Here’s a screenshot of what it look’s like for me.

I have just one request of @gabby (since I think you were working on this Rebrand) Could you maybe add an orange or blue background behind it so it stands out better? I honestly couldn’t find it, and I have a feeling few people will unless they search.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out :sparkling_heart: I was searching for My Works since I came online around 30 mins ago. Tried all the troubleshooting steps and was about to submit a ticket when nothing worked. You saved me [and probably HQ] a ticket :slight_smile:

I did the same, glad it helps!