Werewolves: What are you fed up of and what do you actually want to read?

There are so many werewolf fictions out there. Personally talking, I found that many stories have used quite a repetitive scenario, but there are some that are really exceptional. To be honest, this happens in every genre. Do you feel the same? Come on board. Share your opinions. Let’s rant about what do you find repetitive or discuss what would you like to be changed. This way we can help one another and design better stories.

Important Note: Please don’t advertise the stories, be it yours or not. I want this thread to remain loyal to the topic of this thread.

1 Like

Okay, so I will start, I am actually fed up with rejection and returned type of stories in this genre. I hate how a nerdy girl is rejected by a hottie alpha and then she leaves the pack and comes back being all desirable and sexy. I am like, have some self respect woman. Don’t give in so early.

5 Likes

LOL… a post i can get behind.

I agree with you. Who cares if you arent the strongest or the most beautiful werewolf in the pack, everyone deserves love. I honestly hate seeing the MC portrayed as weak and the love interest, usually an Alpha comes along and swoops in and saves the MC, and the MC is so surprise to be picked. lol rant over

7 Likes

I feel you with that one!
I also hate the abuse alpha kinda stories
Just because they’re mates he can do with the girl what he wants, and she’s okay with it. I really don’t like that. Females have some damn balls!

7 Likes

The slut shaming in werewolf genre is so real. It’s so pathetic that alpha changes the women like clothes. I feel sorry when the said alpha discards his side chick for the MC when she comes after a makeover.

5 Likes

Yeah! MC goes from damsel in distress to Mary Sue real quick. And don’t forget the makeovers. I swear werewolf stories have more makeovers than Barbie movies.

5 Likes

OH God, got to hate those!

And just all abusive, dominant alpha thropes. It can be okay, done right. But sometimes it’s just too much

4 Likes

Yeah! I hate how otherwise dominant wolf turns mushy unicorn in the matter of words. I also dislike how hypocrite these alphas are. Usually their wolves are more humans than their humans.

3 Likes

Yep, very much so
They’re really bitter and suddenly turn all mushy…
And also their almight power… they need something to counter that amount of power

4 Likes

*snorts* Right. Even mighty gods lack power in front of the flawless wolves. The moon goddess must be like why the hell I created them again. I think with a proper justification this concept can be much better.

3 Likes

HM hm agreed ^.^

and if I’m allowed to talk sexwise

It’s abusive and often not done right, like Dominant/submissive stuff. Problem with that too

2 Likes

Seriously. What was wrong with their comfy clothing, why does she need to be turned into a stripper. lol bye

3 Likes

Yes. Just because you are powerful doesnt mean you have to impose that power on your mate. There is nothing sexy or hot about that!

3 Likes

Usually it’s always way more dark than my test. It’s so hard to find a good read tbh. Sometimes I feel like werewolf is becoming like fanfiction genre where people don’t understand the purpose of the genre and destroy it altogether.

2 Likes

Yeah… I know. It’s hard to stand out with something decent

2 Likes

Tell me about it. That and also the fact that many suddenly turn into models walking on a ramp.

2 Likes

Yeah! no body is perfect

1 Like

cue the flashing lights and all the dramatic stares from the pack, the hotter werewolves are jealous… blah blah blah.

2 Likes

Yeah! Overly perfect characters leave a bad taste in stories.

1 Like

Don’t forget wolf (pun intended) whistles and supposed badass behaviours. I think werewolf genre is targeted by fake feminists very badly.

2 Likes