What annoys you or turns you away from stories? New forums edition!

writing
discussion

La boop

• Stories that don’t go anywhere.
  • Too few words per chapter.
  • Long and pointless authors notes.
  • Stories that begin with “Hi. My name is Maddy and I’m 17 years old.” yada yada

What do you count as too few words?

Hmm… Probably about 600 words or less is too few for me. But ideally, it feels too short for me if it’s less than 800 words.

For a Wattpad book, anyway. I feel like different rules apply for printed books.

Mm, that is very true. Normal printed books have chapters of over 6k words, but they all have several scenes

Some books have their chapters each only a scene long as well, so they have 100+ seperate parts. It works for some books, but definitely not for Wattpad. On Wattpad, it just gets frustrating for me. Like you can’t really get into the book because the chapter ends so quickly.

A bump

I don’t really anything that annoys me. It’s when I don’t finish things really. I am usually mad at myself for not finishing things and I usually get discouraged when no one reads it. Then I end up writing more stuff.

True. When i see book with hundred plus size, i dont want to check it or see the few chapa especially f the blurb is cool. :grinning: