What are some of your writing milestones?

I’m talking personal goals you’ve met or successes you’ve accomplished that may not be considered much of a big deal to others.

Mine is managing to find the nerve to post my story in the first place, no more, no less. I feel like I’ve accomplished something.

I’m curious to know what your ‘baby steps’ milestone was? Lets talk about something you’re proud of, no matter how big or small :slight_smile:

Mine was the same! I’ve always written stories but never shared them. Then my New Year’s resolution in 2018/19 was to find somewhere to share one of them in 2019. I found WP and I shared it about a year ago.

Congratulations on yours! :blush:

1 Like

as you say, starting to write it
And eventually post it
and that one reader who’s been with my story since chapter one
And finding me an editor

1 Like

Oh, and hi from the UK!

1 Like

Congratulations on this!!! It is the most difficult hurdle to overcome. My big goal is just to finish the book I’ve got. I’m so close. But not there yet.

I’ve a few milestones, the first is reaching 1K reads on Game of Deceit and meeting the goal of 1K followers. And having 50K reads on my vampire story Newborn.

Others are completing my first work (Game of Deceit) and having stable readers.

1 Like

My mile stone is finishing two novels:) I still need to edit them (they’re atrocious) but I’m proud of them.
Almost done with my third.

1 Like

Aw amazing! Well done :slight_smile:

That’s incredible! Go you!

1 Like

Thank you very much!! Same to you too, I’m glad you had the courage to post

1 Like

Those numbers are crazy, I can’t even imagine getting so many reads, etc. You must be really proud :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Good luck with finishing yours, it’s literally the hardest part of writing, I think.

Completing my first novel and reaching 1K reads on WP in less than 4 months are certainly two milestones that I will remember. The next things I want to achieve is reaching 10K reads and entering the Wattys.

2 Likes

I totally profile stalked and just wanted to say it’s so nice to find someone else from UK & close to my age :joy: :see_no_evil:

Good luck :slight_smile: 1K reads in less than 4 months is amazing!

1 Like

I didn’t want to do reads but I did 12k reads in three months… It gave me a huge thrill.
If this makes anyone feel sad, tell me, I will pull it out, because that’s not what I want to make anyone feel.

1 Like

This is what I wanted this thread to be about, everyone should have a place to celebrate their successes no mater how big or small. 12K is incredible, you should be very, very proud :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you ^.^ I am, but I’m aware that this is a sensitive subject too.

1 Like

I’m ^^ though Newborn is in high need of a rewrite and edit. Oddly enough, it keeps attracting new readers. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes! Same to you! :blush:

1 Like