What do you LOVE about your story?

Lets get some story positivity going!! What do you enjoy about your story, what makes it unqiue, what makes it your BABY??

My chick lit story: that I try to bring awareness to mental health and I don’t romanticize abuse

7 Likes

As my username implies, Itonus is an embodiment of my own flaws expressed through a character who is willing and capable of helping others. He’s been with me for over 10 years, and I want to watch him learn the lessons I’ve been unable to.

4 Likes

Godspeed, truth warrior.

1 Like

I like that my novel contains natural conversations between two friends. :heart: oh and my male MC is what you would call a soft boi. :smiley:

7 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

For False Comfort:
I like that I’m actually going to have a male mc that’s isn’t a completely strong macho independent man. I also have a man, that’s a good father/grandfather, I think we need more relationships like this.

I also like my setting, Soviet Russia, mainly since I grew up with animation and movies from there.

And finally, I like how I’m not going to make my devil character not sexualized or soft. Which is rare on this website.

7 Likes

I love how my story is pretty short and sweet. That my characters come from different backgrounds and have their own personalities and goals. I think what I love most is the ending that it’ll have, even though it’s kind of sad and cliffhanger like it’s a perfect transition to the sequel and I think it’s pretty ironic

2 Likes

For Goliath Fallen, plot-wise, I like the twists and turns it takes and how unexpected they are. Character-wise, they make me feel something. I feel their struggles to the point my eyes have watered a few times. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My story steers away from cliches and happy storybook endings. I wanted to reflect that life doesn’t always work out the way we want, but that doesn’t mean we don’t learn life-changing lessons along the way. Also, people in power will almost always do things that benefit them before helping others, that’s just how our system is. Navigating the story like that definitely makes it higher stakes and a more thrilling read!

6 Likes

My story strays (or at least tries to) from normal characters. I have a chubby male main character who is a lover not a fighter and loves pastels, I have a nonbinary antagonist who knows what they want and won’t let anybody stand in their way, I have a female character who is the antagonist’s right hand and acts like she doesn’t care about anyone… I try to make all my characters unique and not so cliche

3 Likes

Inter-Univeraal Protectors Series: Antihero MC. Mutliverse with omiverse possibilities. Can crossover with literally anything, it’s a bunch of immortals running around the multiverse and causing trouble, what’s not to love? Been writing it the longest so it’s pretty special to me. Supposed to be a dark story but everyone thinks it’s funny. All the characters have their flaws and this is important to the plot. Brings up serious issues but is always able to bounce back into the adventure

Spirit Veil: Two teenagers and their ghost friend. MC is telling the story. Story itself is the transcript of a recording. The two teens are cousins but act more like siblings. The three are constantly making fun of each other but there’s still that deep bond. A few real life issues happening in the world. It has freaking ghosts

On The Outside Looking In: More of a personal story based off real life events. Let’s me rant about life problems

3 Likes

I honestly love a lot about my story, but I think I like my characters best of all. They’re realistic, relatable, and very obviously flawed but they’re trying their best as they move through their stories. Honestly, the world has a lot of really bad shiz, but the couples are super loving, the friendships are strong, and the families are goofy and close.

I truly adore them. They make it what it is

3 Likes

For Rest is Riddles, I love my main character, Jane. I like that she feels relatable and has a good sense of humor, but most of all I like how even though she receives extensive magical and athletic training, her greatest strength is never her physical abilities or her magic, but her mind. It’s challenged me to get her out of difficult situations cleverly but believably, which has been a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Why I love my writing? Well because, they’re based off from my Dreams (Story Dreams is what I call it). Each of them takes me to different places and has different number of characters and problems. So far, I have 100+ Story Dreams all together.

2 Likes

What do I love about my new story… Mm… Well, I love that it’s getting me back into writing. I’ve been really out of it for a while. I love writing a superhero story, but I think I just love superhero stuff in general. I’ve gotten really into My Hero Academia, and love that my story lets me indulge–despite how much I enjoy the direction Hero Aca went–my wish that it had gone in a darker direction. I love writing such a sarcastic piece of trash of a protagonist, and yet I also love that he still has a heart. I love the freedom of mostly pantsing a story for the first time–I can’t wait to experiment with future chapters.

2 Likes

I guess the absurdity of it. It’s literally about two people fighting over sentient flowers. And to make it seem decent, I have to use a bunch of metaphors and descriptions. It’s going to get good though. Somehow, someway

4 Likes

One Character: “Hearken my words, traitorous caitiff: I would be so beholden as to carve painstakingly every letter of my name into your defiled skull once I have mounted it upon the tip of my BLADE!”

Another Character: “You know what I’ve always wanted to be as a child? I’m gonna run Xodus someday. Once I’ve solved this ‘big mystery’ of mine, I’m going solo and making a real name for myself by becoming the CEO of Golem’s greatest technological company.”

Now what if I told you that both characters are from the same novel and living in the same time period?

What I favour most about my WIP series can be described as thus: the deliberately glaring blend between sci-fi, post-apocalyptic horror, and ye-olde fantasy that inspires my art and general creativity. Aside from the amusing banter that interactions between such contrasting characters can provide, it presents a sort of surreality in regards to the action scenes that I’ve really grown to appreciate. I can scarcely remain deadpan as I imagine my 6’5” sci-fantasy main protagonist, armed with her pistol and magic glaive, taking on a Shakespearean monstrosity in a futuristic metropolis under a rainstorm while spectated by flying cameras and law-enforcement piloting giant mechas.

2 Likes

What I enjoy:

My story is a wild adventure with a heartfelt narrative, and I get to experience action, fantasy elements, and my favorite character interactions all at once. I find that many authors excel at either plot development OR character growth, so I like to think my story incorporates the best of both.

What makes it unique:

My female protagonist is an opinionated, imperfect character with a very loud voice of her own. I think her personality is pretty humorous and engaging compared to other fantasy / dystopian MCs, and while she has a power, she’s by no means overpowered. In fact, this power is very much a backburner in her character progression.

The story itself is nothing revolutionary, but my characters, the twists I employ, and the messages about war ethics, feminism, and humanity are.

What makes it my BABY:

I started writing this story in 2012, completed it my first year of college, then stripped it down to its bones and wrote it again. Four years later, and it’s finally, finally ready for its YA audience. It’s not my best work, but it’s definitely the one I put the most love into, and after so many years, these characters really are my children.

4 Likes

The characters, they have different personality from each other and seeing how they interact can either make me feel sad or laugh like hell XDD

3 Likes