What do you think of my cover?

I am definitely a novice when it comes to book covers. I was wondering what you thought of this? I quite enjoy it, but I also wanted to know what the general audience thinks. Any feedback would be fantastic <3
213382723-512-k449204

1 Like

I like the colour of the text and how it goes with the flowers, though just a note… the sizing seems to be a bit off. The cover size for WP is 512 x 800 pixels (or any multiple of that).

The text at the bottom could be moved up a bit as well and the “A story by Briana” bigger, since it would be visible when a user is just scrolling by

2 Likes

I fixed it when I added it to my book, but unfortunately only had this size file physically saved on my hard drive. It is formatted correctly on the book!

I didn’t think of that when I was creating it unfortunately. I used photoshop instead of the cover creator built into Wattpad (:

1 Like

I think the background image / overlay is really neat!! But the font style, color, and thickness doesn’t work that well (it’s hard to see, and the style reminds me of the horror genre or a children’s book). The tagline stands out more than the title.

2 Likes

I see. I usually use photoshop as well.
It’s a bit harder to give suggestions if its formatted correctly since Im not sure what it looks like as a whole :sweat_smile:

Maybe swap the colour of the title and the bottom text? The bright white is drawing my eyes down there more than the title. Its the contrast that pulls me to the text that stands out more

1 Like

If these are the final dimensions of this cover, I’m afraid this isn’t going to fit Wattpad’s cover screen. The dimensions for cover here is 512x800.

About the visuals. So, the idea is pretty cool, but the execution is—a little too vague. Zooming out, I couldn’t read the title because of the colour of the text. Considering the subtitle and stuff, I think the book has equal amount of happy and sad moments. So, for that, the title’s font are not the right choice, I feel. The idea of overlaying the field and mountain is pretty cool, but at first glance—it’s confusing me.

Overall, if I were scrolling down a list and see this cover, it’s highly likely that I wouldn’t choose to read it. Sorry. As you said that you’re a novice, I think you’ve got a pretty good head for ideas—the execution is a little too novice. I wouldn’t suggest you using this cover on a newly published book on Wattpad because here, books are judged by their covers. Don’t take risk with them. :smile:

PS: My intention wasn’t to hurt or humiliate you in any way. If I have done so, I offer my sincere apologies. If you need any further assistance, feel free to tag and ask me.

2 Likes

I have updated the photo to fit the dimensions. The quality was lowered because I downloaded it directly from my story, but it is the correct dimensions!

I really appreciate this! You didn’t humiliate me. I want to continue to improve it as I go!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

I have updated it to be the version that is the correct formatting. It lowered the quality drastically because, unfortunately, I had to download it from the story itself as opposed to a file I had in my library.

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Okay! I see now, consider moving the top text down more as well and maybe a bit bigger?

Ahh I never realized that. I will definitely play around with some different fonts and such! Thanks a bunch cx

1 Like

I think it’s an amazing cover! Although, the title is a bit unclear and seems to fade into the background. If you could make the title a little bit more eye-catching, it would be perfect!

Oh my, I really like this.
Only suggestion I would consider would be to make the title text a bit thicker and darker as it’ll be hard to read in thumbnail.

Hi there!

I love the three images, I’d say they merge together really well, actually. As some of the others have already pointed out, the title is a bit too difficult too read. If possible, try having it farther down and more centric to the cover as well as using a darker colour.

Apart from that, I’d say it’s absolutely fine. Fonts etc. are really just preferences.

Have a good day!

1 Like

cre lo mismo :call_me_hand: