What do You WISH is a Cliche Concept or a Trope?

relationships where one of them dies(preferabley the male so my heart can break twice as much)

1 Like

yes im very dark-

1 Like

emotion on the boys side

1 Like

beside ‘i love you’

1 Like

like crying breaking down, etc.

1 Like

I’m working on a couple romance stories, but tbh it’s really hard for me to write intimate scenes because of my own issues regarding it (I’m not asexual, and I love romance stories, so idk what my issues is) so I probably won’t post it for a while, lmao, but thank you so much.

I’ll definerly check out your works, because you seem to value it to a high regard and I find that very admirable.

3 Likes

Check, first chapters have death.

Well,of course!

Yesss crying females, males, kids, gods…allll

Check. Planning anyway

Definitely doing that.

I’m dark too then

Yesssss

I’m definitely writing break downs. It’s awesome.

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

Im planning on doing all of those too-

1 Like

Intimate scenes are naturally difficult hnghhh
I’m not one for fluff and there’s a ton of angst in my works but it gets lighter eventually. >.<
Ah, no need to check it out but yes, I try to write what I want to see more of which was also the reason behind this thread. The books I have up on WP are not categorized as romances but the relationships are definitely healthy.
Toxic romances have been in my life and they’re totally not what I’m looking to portray. I’m also glad others agree. My thoughts on this topic have always been called “fantasies” by people around me. Perhaps that is the reason for my absolute single ladyhood. (That’s not a thing, I think…)

2 Likes

Go for it. It’s going to be great!

2 Likes

I mean, I’m not sure if this counts but I’m not a huge fan of obvious love triangles drawn out with nothing to truly anchor it to the story but for the protagonist to flip-flop between the choices because they’re influenced by the others rather than making up their mind for themselves.

3 Likes

Do you know the “One of the boys” trope? Well, what about the gender inversed version? “One of the girls”, wish that was an actual, popular trope

2 Likes

This might sound stupid and like I’m making a huge deal out of it but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME A NERD WITHOUT GLASSES PLEASE. BEING SMART AND WEARING GLASSES CAN BE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

BRUH.

Like, people… stray away from overly used clichés, please.

2 Likes

Especially in the insta-love alpha stories, I would really like to read one where the female MC doesn’t immediately fall for her alpha mate, let them have a more traditional courtship. Or, let the female already be in a relationship with someone else and they have to sort through their feelings in a healthy, mature way.

MCs having solid friendships with their love interests prior to them getting together (if at all). MCs taking time to recover from a breakup instead of hopping into a new relationship with the love interest they weren’t with. (I’ve seen this type of thing happen with male MCs all the time and he is basically treated like a piece of meat instead of a person with feelings.)

1 Like

Yes! The “nerd glasses trope” is annoying.

As a glasses wearer, I would also like to see more stories were they don’t “delete” the MC’s glasses for the sake of beauty. Most adults I know either just wear glasses all the time or switch between glasses and contacts. Glasses are a normal part of life.

1 Like

EXACTLY. Glasses look hot asf! They can be hella’ stylish and can actually make someone look better. Smh.

1 Like

Preach! I get tons of compliments on my glasses and I love it. They make me feel stylish instead of nerdy and I AM a HUGE NERD. Let your nerd characters be defined by something other than their choice of eyewear.

1 Like

Oooh yes although I am exactly what you describe, not every nerd wears glasses and not all smart people have them. My smart friend switches between contacts and glasses and dang, he doesn’t ‘look’ like a nerd. It’s odd that nerds can be found just by what they wear :thinking:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.