What does your character do for a living? How do they make money?

I am curious to see your answers.

My character is a poor college student lmao, we relate to each other very well. She gets money from small jobs and her parents, she’s lucky to be upper middle class.

2 Likes

My character has a strange relationship with her father, where she is expected to do most of the spending and such because they’re unable to do so themselves.

Money just sorta shows up on the table sometimes and she has to figure out what she can spend on what the house needs.

Though, I have been thinking about what her job’ll be in the sequel, and it’s kinda hard.

2 Likes

@MarikoRawralton: So, job wise, it is complicated?

@cascadephoenix: Ah, I use to know the feeling.

1 Like

My current character is a social worker in NY

2 Likes

Coolie.

1 Like

Well, the protagonist is supposed to be a protector of the city, so it seems like a regular job would get in the way of that. They’re not some superhero either, so it’s not like Clark Kent and Superman, she’s just some regular chick that fist fights bad guys.

Also, it wouldn’t be cool or funny if they just had a regular job. I thought about giving them odd jobs instead for side chapters and little fun stories or something.

Then there’s the other characters she works with whose jobs / work hasn’t been established either.

1 Like

Ah, that sounds cool.

1 Like

My character is a scavenger. She basically goes through abandoned places and searches for old jewelry, precious metals etc and then sells it on

1 Like

That sounds really awesome.

1 Like

Raiju: mostly does odd jobs for randoms, but tries to book himself to play music and become a well-known electric guitarist.

Luzia: Works at a movie/music store while while training to be a pro MMA fighter and going to college to be a veterinarian.

1 Like

Luzia is working hard, huh? LOL!

1 Like

My current character is a University student, and she works at the campus print shop to make ends meet. She volunteers at the woman’s shelter even though she really could use the extra hours at the print shop.
She’s fortunate that her rent is so cheap… but she’s not fortunate that her landlord is a total pervert who holds it over her head

2 Likes

She dances ballet, he writes essays.

2 Likes

My main character owns a flower shop. I have managed a shop for years so it seemed like a good choice that I could easily write.

2 Likes

Gotta live somehow and need a backup plan if MMA injuries happen. Plus, she loves every animal she sees, so its perfect for her

1 Like

True.

1 Like

Do you like flowers or are they alright to you nothing special?

1 Like

I love flowers and plants. I have a degree in horticulture. Originally I thought I wanted to work in the science end of it. But it turns out I enjoy the design and business side of it.

3 Likes

Two are queens, one a pirate, another a teenage girl (no job, just school), and one lives in a post apocalyptic world who was a police detective before hand so she’s in charge of the “police”.

2 Likes