What energy sources powers Wattpad?

I hope I put this right, but honestly, I don’t think so and couldn’t find a better alternative. Feel free to relocate it to a better category. :upside_down_face:

I just have the question in the title. I’m curious to what power source powers the data centers of Wattpad and Wattpadwriters? If it is renewable energy or not? Spill the beans, I’m hungry for information that I’m probably going to do nothing with than keep awareness about.

Obviously, I hope it is renewables, but like even Netflix isn’t so where’s the hope. Surprise me!

Its fueled on angst and crushed dreams

16 Likes

The Gods of online writing.

7 Likes

teenagers

6 Likes

All of the above.

Wait, that’s three times the same answer!

8 Likes

Coffee.

And the hopes and dreams of the young.

2 Likes

hahah… true :joy:

2 Likes

Wow, these replies were so much better than I expected

4 Likes

so poetic :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Also glitchy coding and broken tags.

7 Likes

True

2 Likes

I’ve tried sacrificing goats, but I must be doing something wrong. XD

2 Likes

You could try giraffes, thought they prefer fruit offerings. They look down with love. :giraffe:

3 Likes

Maple syrup and frozen tears

3 Likes

Dang.

4 Likes

Wattpad is built on the backs of smutty emo MCR fan fiction from 2009 and all the useless tags that are the foundation of the building
Correct me if I’m wrong

3 Likes

70 million users each month typing on a keyboard/phone screen must generate some sort of power… Or so I would hope.

PS. If this is a more serious question, then you have to define data centers a bit better. (Just a data center, or all computer/software supporting technologies of staff, writers, and readers?) :wink:

At least, these are renewable sources of energy. The human mind is so resilient that it comes up with fresh dreams again and again, so there’s endless fuel to crush. And with all the creative souls here, angst is in ample supply.

3 Likes

Save the planet one broken dream at a time

3 Likes

It is. I’m sure they can give a decent answer if they want by what’s already stated. I’m looking for the in general since I know little of how this works. I’m just curious of the energy source that powers the sites.