What is something you're passionate about?

Hi! I’m back ah! so I was curious to know what sort of things you’re passionate about? Do you tie them in with your writing in any way?

Somebody asked me the other day what I was passionate about and it took me a minute to choose one thing. I am very passionate about influencing people who can adopt to adopt and all of that. But it never ties in with anything I write.

Is this weird or normal?

Probably trying to be a good person and making others happy

2 Likes

Learning new things and doing the best of what I can

1 Like

What do you mean by influencing people to adopt ?

I guess I am passionate about mathematics and science, OK mostly mathematics. And yeah, I do tie them heavily with my writing. In fact, all the characters in my book rely heavily on logic to make decisions and do stuff, which I guess most people don’t like since they feel magic and science shouldn’t mix. But whatever, that’s what I like.
So, no, its not weird at all. It just gives people a perspective on what the author likes. And that’s not a bad thing. In fact its more common than you know and is normal. I mean look at Dickens. The guy was a firm advocate of improving the life of lower and middle class Londoners and his books like Hard Times and Oliver Twist reflected that.
If you want more examples, look at Doyle. That guy loved criminal justice and so created Sherlock Holmes. In fact, Doyle also made massive advancements in criminal investigations over his lifetime, his results available to the common masses through Holmes.
So, in conclusion what you are doing is not weird at all, and is perfectly normal.

2 Likes

Writing, I guess, and leaving an impact on people through it.

1 Like

I am passionate about love I guess , everybody and everyone is loved , I think im also passionate about self love even though I have none myself I tell others they should have self love and be happy with who they are

3 Likes

I’m very passionate about babies, pregnancy and autonomous informed birth choices and I think that does reflect in my writing since most of my main characters become pregnant lol.

5 Likes

Violin, music, writing, politics, religion, Chinese Culture, Korean Culture, Korean Dramas and music, tea

1 Like

O.O kpop?

Yes

Same

Besides writing, I would say anything finance lol, self development, traveling and learning languages!! :sunglasses::smiley::+1:

3 Likes

What languages do you know?

So, you like Romance. What’s your favourite romance?

1 Like

i’m passionate about having a successful future in the many ways i need to

1 Like

hmm I’m currently bilingual. I speak English and Tagalog. But I’m learning Russian, Czech, and Hungarian right now. Japanese will probably next once I can maintain a certain level though. :smiley:

I’ve always been very passionate about both theater and music. I’ve used them both as an outlet to express myself and let out all of my feelings. I always tie theater into my stories so that other theater nerds like me don’t feel alone, and like they have a safe place where they can be represented.

2 Likes

That’s cool. I am currently learning German and Spanish at the same time. Well, I am focusing on German more, since I feel I have a better grasp on Spanish.
And I see you are focusing on the Slavic Languages right now. I heard they were the hardest of European languages.

1 Like

Sounds cool. So, are all your main characters into theater ?