What’s with people and the daddy kink

I’ve had to drop so many books, because the male main character keeps using the words kitten or the main female will call the male mc daddy🤮 I’m so disgusted and confused because some writers on wattpad are fairly young. So like why???

2 Likes

Daddy issues? Hypes? Fetish?
I doubt those girls want to do their own dad lol, don’t worry. (Or maybe a few, just not the majority).

I used to read lots of age gap novels as a young teen girl because well, boys were so immature. I hated the daddy stuff tho.

3 Likes

When I write about anything associated to “daddy” its always for comedic reasons, but when I hear it I cringe and laugh my ass off at the same time.

Also, I have daddy issues, but I don’t go out looking for another one. But instead, I do prefer mature and dependable men.

2 Likes

There’s different “daddy” fetishes. Which one are you talking about?

I cringe too when I read those. I would drop the book but there were 1 or 2 books that had a great storyline so I just endured it all the way. It does feel awkward to me if the writer is a pre-teen writing mature stories. I have a friend who uses “daddy” as a pet name. At first, it was :grimacing: but I got used to it. It makes me jealous that my friends are so love with each other. Lol

I dont get the kink, thats like a guy calling a girl mommy and theres so many things I find wrong and revolting with that. Its not my personal preference, but everyones got their weird fetishes.

I suppose the people write things they have read somewhere else or think they are popular. Many books have the exact same plots or the characters do /make certain things or call their partners in that way. This kink after all is quite popular almost in every fandom esp if we talk about fanfics so again people mimick what things it sells well.
Personally I don’t hate it, it can be sexy if the writers use it well but it can be also laughable or just … revolting. Esp when the pair is in actually some kind of family. So yeah , in that aspect i can’t go on further as it feels like the female wants to get pleasure from someone as similar to her dad and it’s not only some words upon the excitement of sex or fantasy.

It’s not always supposed to literally be a daddy roleplay thing. Sometimes it only acknowledges that the male figure is larger, older, stronger, protective, or whatever.

Personally, I find it weird when people call one another “baby” but obviously they don’t mean that the other person is literally a baby.