What's something you have saved and can't remember why?

On your phone, laptop, or even in a notebook, what’s something you have saved that you can’t remember WHY you kept it?

I just found this and I have no idea why I found it relevant:
8286b72fafd7c15cb743a30c33cfadc8

There’s one thing I saved on my google doc photos and I can’t remember why I did.

1 Like

I have all kinds of things like that! In fact, several years from now I’ll prolly open my folder and wonder where I got that moose warning I just saved. (>‿◠):v:

accuweather

3 Likes

I mean, why wouldn’t you have this saved :joy:

1 Like

I dunno, man. As a Canadian, this is the kind of thing I’d like to keep in my back pocket.

4 Likes

Yeah, but I’m from New York. There are no moose wandering in my city. :laughing:

3 Likes

Do you fear of having regular moose encounters? :joy::joy:

3 Likes

No, not at all. I’ve never even seen a moose in person. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen one in a zoo but not outside of an enclosure.

1 Like

I dunno, they seem friendly enough. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

friends

7 Likes

They have freaky legs and I want them no where near me. lol

3 Likes

Oooh, maybe that’s why you saved the moose encounter warning! ☜(ˆ▿ˆc)

If I had to choose between surviving a plane crash and having 10 pounds of food and a Swiss Army knife, - OR - a Canadian? I’d choose the Canadian.

1 Like

This has been on my computer for years. Why? No clue. I’m not even sure I’m the one who saved it.
fake%20alien%20news

2 Likes

So, so, so effing good. Nothing like a tabloid to remind you: (whispers) "Idiots walk among us … "

1 Like

Have to know, gonna ask: Please name another creature with legs that you consider to be freaky, that unnerve you somehow. Not making fun at all, I just want to know what we can gauge by your freakruler.

1 Like

:rofl:

This is what happens when I get distracted on something and then forget to go back to it

1 Like

I can’t think of any off the top of my head. I think it’s just how long, long, long their legs are and I’m very short.

I think spiders have pretty cool legs though. Even though the legs are sometimes longer than their bodies.

1 Like

NP - I was very (not phobic, but close) scared of spiders - then I lived in an area that was overrun by agrestic hobo spiders. I saw how clumsy they were, and how they do have beauty. It’s a trip to overcome that kind of fear through constant exposure. Anyhow, I don’t mean to make fun of something that gives you the spooks but perception for each person is incredible and I was just prying to see if there was a list.

To back you up on the thing with moose legs: true story, riding my motorcycle through Wyoming after dark and a moose (the first I’d ever seen) walked in front of my lane from the woods. A car headed toward the moose and I in the other direction lit the animal up completely, leaving me to consider his silhouette.

It was so tall - that, for a moment, in my mind I thought: “I can duck and ride under this guy.”

I braked and didn’t do that, but honestly, mathematically, it would have been possible. That’s how freaky-tall that moose was.

3 Likes

The best part is, I can’t even contradict you. I can skin a deer if I have to, make a rope (from plants) that can hold my own weight, and light a fire with a bowdrill kit after making the kit myself :joy: And hell, man, you better take those ten pounds of food and string 'em up or you’ll have every bear from miles around on you in heartbeats.

Being a Canadian bio nerd also teaches you all the ways to survive our different kinds of wildlife. Our wildlife is terrifying.

3 Likes