What's the "X meets Y" pitch of your story?

What collision of 2 (or 3) books/movies/TV shows best describes your story?

Example:

My book, The Ephemeral (Book One: Breeder) is: Lord of the Rings meets Mulan meets The Mortal Instruments.

(I think the X meets Y pitch is a great way to see what kind of story you might have to offer without delving into too much detail!)

Plz keep it short and simple, and as always, stick to forum guidelines :slight_smile:

My story, The Willow Corpse series, is a scramble of Coraline, the greek myth of Orpheus and Erudyce, and Over The Garden Wall!

Mix some modern settings and teenage angst in and you’ve got the entirety of the story✨

2 Likes

Damn. That’s hard for my book, The Lightning Tyrant. There are too many nuances.

Lord of the Rings meets Sherlock and a smidge of Deadpool

1 Like

Well, my story is still in the planning stage so I haven’t even started yet. Still, what I would like to do is have it have a combination of these three things.

Tower of God meets Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion meets Durarara!!

How am I going to pull this off? I wonder…

1 Like

Mine isn’t a book/movie/TV show. It’s more of like “reel meets real” cuz of a lot of things…

my upcoming book, the black swordsman is fairy tail meets sword art online meets one piece

1 Like

My book, Dragon Tales is: How to Train Your Dragon meets Cinderella meets Game of Thrones.

I think :joy: that was actually pretty tough

1 Like

My current wip, Housekeeping is sort of like Me Before You meets Days of our Lives meets… The Outsiders (?), I guess

1 Like

Mist of Doom

Gungrave meets Legend of Legaia meets Kekkai Sensen

1 Like

Garden knight is Bugs life meets fantasy tropes (?) not sure lmao.

1 Like

Lawl
Witchwork is Sabrina meets Supernatural, which are… in hindsight, not all that different. :slight_smile:

2 Likes