What's your favorite Horror Movie and why?

Crimson Peak. Not really a horror movie, it’s more Gothic. But still great. I also like Sleepy Hollow.

If you like The Descent, you should definitely check out the Director’s Cut if you haven’t The ending is :+1:

I love the classics like The Shining, The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween.

But lately, I’m really loving this new wave of intellectual horror like The VVitch and The Blackcoat’s Daughter.

And Mike Flanagan has been killing it lately with movies like Oculus, Hush and now the Haunting of Hill House series.

There is a good number of horror movies I like. As for Favorite, Anguish (1987), because it’s so damn awesome if you watch the movie for the first time!

I think I have seen the different endings (it was a long time ago so I’m not entirely sure)

I would have to say that the Evil Dead’s are my absolute favorites.

The first 15 minutes of Scream my all time favorite horror scene.

I also quite enjoyed Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Phantasm, and Child’s Play.

And lastly my favorite horror movie quote is “Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This… is my BOOMSTICK!” from Army of Darkness.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Innocents.

Pitch Black, The Grudge, and Pulse.

I hadn’t heard of Anguish, I will check it out.

When you check it out, please tell me your thoughts… :slight_smile:

One movie that has stayed with me is Orphan. It wasn’t cheesy even though it could have been, and was very realistic. Like if someone would have told me it was based on a true story, I would have believed it. It’s not a fun horror movie and has a really creepy atmosphere.

Will do!

I loved Orphan! That girl really fucked people up.

The Ring is one of the only horror movies that truly made my skin crawl. The concept of an inherently evil child is very disturbing.