What's your favorite part about your book?

-Not entirely sure which category this would have gone in.-

I just want to hear what everyone’s favorite part is about the book(s) they are currently writing! It can be the way you’re writing it, the way you’ve made a character or even a part of your story that you wrote. If you haven’t written anything, what about a book you are currently reading?

My favorite part about what I’m currently writing is how detailed I am making it. (I got a comment about how someone liked it too!)

I’ve just started writing it but my favourite part so far has to be how similar yet different the main girl is to me and the relationship between the main boy and his little sister, it’s honestly adorable

1 Like

Ugh, I love boy-little sis relationships that are cute! :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

I don’t have a favorite part.

This is because the events all connects together.

As the story unravels, the reader(if they have actually been reading it) will see how each of the books connect to each other.

So if I have to say “favorite”

The “favorite” thing would be the concept behind the book, as well as the morals that is given.

3 Likes

Oooh that sounds pretty neat

1 Like

Yeah

I don’t really write directly, so my books, even though they are easy enough to read as is, the way that it is designed, they are meant more for “actual” readers.

People who like to figure things out, form theories, use critical thinking, etc.

This probably isn’t the best site for this sorta writing though.

:joy:

1 Like

same they honestly just make my heart melt

2 Likes

That’s actually pretty cool, though. More books should be like that on here. :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

I agree

If there were more books like that out there, things wouldn’t be so bad.

1 Like

I suppose my action scenes. The choreography is movie-like, but not excessive. I aim for the feels as the characters fight, after spending much time developing the context of the fight and the characters’ motivation.

Also, the theme and how the power system boils down to it. The best ability is “Empowering Scar,” which is pretty much “the more you fail, the stronger you’ll grow.” Also, everyone’s powers come from a lot of trial and errors; usually the more errors you’ve faced, the stronger you’ll be. Everybody starts somewhere after all.

1 Like

I think I’m gonna check out your works then haha. Could I have the link if that’s alright?

1 Like

Link is in the profile lol

1 Like

My favorite part is writing my characters :smiley: My Main Character, especially.

1 Like

Dang, I feel like my action scenes suck. I find it hard to really express the actions I’m envisioning when I write. Like I feel the need to specify which hand (L/R) is grabbing, punching, what have you. Then I read over it and it sounds weird. How do you write them out?

Well, that’s a good theme. That’s sounds better than most ways that abilities are named (Boulder Crush = crushing a boulder). You know?

2 Likes

Ooh writing characters is definitely one of my favorite parts too! It’s so fun to hatch up a persons backstory and personality.

1 Like

Same :joy::clap: My action scenes needs a whole new makeover.

1 Like

Totally! I also love writing snarky characters, so it’s extra fun to write their interactions.

Bruh :joy: mine too

1 Like

Me too!! The book I’m mostly focusing on right now has two main characters and one of them is snarky as hell! I love it haha

1 Like

Nah, readers need some room for choreography. Leaving out those directions is a good start. However, there is an exception. If the direction is crucial and has been built up throughout the story, leaving it out won’t be a good idea. For example, you write a boxing story, and MC’s signature punch is a left hook. If you leave out the direction, the impact may not be as strong.

Take a boxing slugfest as an example. Of course on TV, it’s fun to watch, but in the form of written words, it drags the pace way too much.

The most important thing in writing action is that readers can never imagine how the fight exactly plays in your head, so don’t ever get too specific about the choreography. Just give them a gist of how the moves look like; they can fill the gaps by themselves.

If you read articles about writing action scenes, most suggest that you focus on the emotions and not the choreography because readers hardly care about it.

Also, get visceral. The spraying blood, the crunching bones, the pain, the stench, etc. I draw inspiration from Berserk manga (those two-page spread of carnage) to get as visceral as possible.

1 Like