Where are my 20+ year old peeps in wattpad?!! - I feel SO old! LETS BE FRIENDS!

discussion

Some peers!!! Ah, at last I have found you peeps!

I’m 27. Been on Wattpad for a year and a half… I think. I’m currently working on an Adventure/Fantasy book. Its far from being complete. I live in Texas and Dr Pepper is seriously my favorite thing.

Rock music, mostly.

I have to get back to work right now, but I’ll be back later to read through and meet everyone!

We can do it! I’m going to open the document now…right…now…

@DumDumPops4 @odemira lol :calmwolf:

Hey!

How is wattpad life treating you?

It is a supernatural apocalyptic horror series that involves Hetalia, Durarara, and D.Gray-Man. I have season one posting up here. I am about to wrap up season seven in two and begin season eight on the last Monday of June.

It’s okay, I guess. I’ve been spending more time working on my manuscript (and procrastinating) lately. I’ve been holding myself back from updating right after finishing a chapter.

How’s it treating you? :slightly_smiling_face:

Which age group do you belong to?
20-25
26-30
31-40
40+ This is me

How long have you been writing on wattpad?

I t will be four years in May

How many published books do you have on wattpad?
2 books

What genre do you write about? Sci fi and fantasy

I completely understand what you mean. I usually can’t stop myself though when I finish a chapter but I’m working on sticking with the schedule.

I’m getting back into it for the last month and it’s hasn’t been treating me too badly. Not used to the forums yet but I’m liking the idea of them as they seem pretty much the same as the old ones but are defiantly different from the old ones as well. But wattpad has helped me get a few extra reads in so I can’t complain too much.

Yeah, I’m trying to get back to a schedule too. I think if I keep writing daily, I’ll be able to get back into the habit of things. Dealing with Finals in early December really messed with my writing habits. Between Wattpad and slowly expanding my reach to Tapas, I’ll have to wait a while before I can update again, just so the other one can catch up with my releases.

I feel pretty much the same way about this new forum. I’m more relieved that this forum is mobile friendly, unlike the old one.

I never really tried the write daily thingy, it just didn’t call out to me but I have seen others use it before. I believe that it helped some of them but really stressed the others out because they ‘missed’ a day and couldn’t believe it.

That sounds like something that would be really tough to do if you are used to updating when you want to or when you already have a chapter done. But, yes this question might be stupid and I might’ve asked someone it before but I’m doing it again lol, is Tapas like Wattpad? (well, a writing site in general?)

Oh I completely agree with that.

Well, writing daily definitely isn’t for everyone and it’s something I don’t think is worth being so stressed out over. I’m much more used to updating whenever I want, but since I’m going to be traditionally published, I figured it’d be better if I start getting into the habit.

Don’t worry, it’s not a stupid question. lol You’re the first person to ask me. Tapas.io is a site for comics and webtoons. There is a Novel community too, but it’s small. It’s like the opposite of Wattpad in terms of communities. Here on Wattpad, you see more writers than artists. However, over on Tapas, you’ll see more artists than writers.

There are pros and cons between Tapas and Wattpad. Besides the obvious of comics, webtoons, and their communities. One thing I like more about Tapas than Wattpad is the ability to schedule updates. So, I won’t have to manually click update every time. However, Tapas doesn’t have the feature where you could left-align or center texts, which annoys me a lot.

Hello! I’m Odi, I’m 31, I am not old :slight_smile:

I’ve been on Wattpad since 2012…….so I’m considered old in human years and old in Wattpad years as well :joy:

Currently I have…14 or so books posted to my account but I am pretty sure 2 are not actual books (one is a giveaway and the other is a graphics thing).

I will literally test out any genre and have done so in the past. Current focus is on Urban Fantasy but I am most well known for my Werewolf books. I’ve also done Teen Fic, Historic Fic, High Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance, Chick Lit, YA, NA………….pretty much anything but Fanfic and Spiritual.

Something else I wanna share is welcome to Wattpad! Glad you are enjoying it so far, I hope it continues being a positive experience for you! If you ever wanna talk I am usually around somewhere :slight_smile: I am also from New Zealand but I live in Australia, I have 2 kids and I am a stay at home mum who is determined to be published within the next 5 years :smiley:

Which age group do you belong to?
20-25 :raising_hand_woman:t2:

How long have you been writing on wattpad?
~ I have only been writing on wattpad since last month :see_no_evil: So I’m still pretty new to wattpad

How many published books do you have on wattpad?
~ I only have one book so far :hearts:

What genre do you write about?
~ So far Romance/Drama :kiss:

Anything else you’d like to share?
~ I’m a huge animal lover and enjoy writing or getting cozy with a good book :luna:

Oh, congratulations on becoming traditionally published! I say go for it so long as it doesn’t stress you out.

haha thanks for telling me.

Are you just on the novel part of the community or do you do comics and webtoons as well?

It’s true that I see less of those who are artists when it comes to something like that. I mean I can understand why as Wattpad is slightly horrible when it comes to wanting to get an image that you (or someone) created. Well, in my own opinion but those who still post it here are tough and deserve to get noticed just like anyone else.

I feel like Wattpad should be able to add that option. Like, you don’t have to do it but if you have chapters that you want to post later or something, instead of having to remember to do it, the computre just kinda does it for you.

Any other anime fans here?

Thanks! My first book is going to be a Novella. Which I’ll be having up on Wattpad temporarily. I plan to take it down once my publisher sends the manuscript back to me for further editing, which should be soon I hope. I’m going to try to lock in a sooner release date as quickly as possible.

I’m part of the Novel community over there. I don’t have the talent, skill, or tools to do my own art. At most, I’m just hoping to receive some fanart along the way, haha.

Yep, credit to all the artists out there on Wattpad. I’ve met a few, but they don’t really illustrate for their books.

Right? Having the ability to schedule automatic updates would be a godsend. When I was working on my Watty book after it got its award in 2015, I would sometimes forget to click “publish” on specific days and updates would be late. If anything, scheduling updates would be one of the best things Wattpad could implement in my opinion. This along with being able to indent. lol

When it comes to updates, maybe consider doing a challenge or entering a contest on the site. The only way I wrote my last novel was by doing NaNoWriMo (in July and then finishing it again in November after not touching it since July). And by entering another contest I was able to edit and rewrite another one of my books. You know you’re against a time limit so you just…do it!

Does loving a few animes count? (Pokémon, One Punch Man, And Castlevania for me).