Where to find a ghost writer

I have been teaching myself to write for a long time now but my reading dyslexia makes it very hard to focus and reread what I’ve written, and it can be very daunting a task to take on. I know more or less how the whole story goes, and have a fair bit written. But I’m interested in finding help from a ghost writer who might be able to put the thoughts better into words.

I understand that hiring ghost writers does not come cheap and that it can be expensive. I am willing to spend money on assistance. I’d also just want to be sure my ghost writer was happy to be part of the project. I don’t know where to officially look for one however, and while Google points to Craigslist, I am pretty deterred from that platform due to the sheer number of Craigslist scams.

Is there a place to find those interested in ghost writing here on wattpad or another community and what are the things I should know and look for?

Hey,

freelancer.com has tons of professionals in the writing field and it has people from all over the world as well.

1 Like

I’m a freelance writer and have done some ghost writing before - I typically pick up work on https://problogger.com/jobs/ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

This seems better suited in #industry-insider , so I’ll go ahead and move it over there. :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding,
Fray - Community Ambassador :frog:

1 Like

It sounds as though what you need is an editor, not a ghostwriter. Ghostwriters are for people who want a book with their name on the front, but who don’t have the time or the skills to do any of the actual work that goes into writing a book.

I have considered that, but writing itself is too daunting to accomplish because there are so many words, my mind gets a fit fuzzy and I tap out. I think a ghost writer would be best.

Upwork is a legitimate site for what you’re looking for. Good luck!