Which enviro. problems do you care about? POLL

All of them, I’m a biology student.

2 Likes

Yay go you✨

2 Likes

For those with concerns about our dwindling clean water supply, I would recommend the documentary Blue Gold which also touches on pollution due to plastic and technology. Also, A Crude Awakening might be of interest for some. Blue Gold can be found on Youtube here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzF0gwIWF14 and Crude Awakening can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odCZpBPfFQk although I am afraid both are longer than some might care for. But it is simply due to how in depth they both go on the subject, the effects they have had in the past, are having in the present, and will likely have on the future. They both touch on various subjects listed above so thought it might be of interest for some here. Whether or not we agree with everything portrayed within, knowledge gained is power to make a more informed choice about what to do and how to do it.

2 Likes

Great addition! I haven’t seen any of them. Now they are on my tbw list.

1 Like

Crude Awakening can be a bit dry at points and kinda feel silly at others, but a lot of the older clips it uses is simply to show how different the mindset was at the time certain events were happening. It really opens the eyes to how little things were understood early on, on a global scale.

2 Likes

Seems great :ok_hand:

1 Like

I hope they both give you more info so you can be stronger in the things you fight for!

2 Likes

Thank you! So kind of you!

2 Likes

I am angry we pollute our 3% of freshwater

1 Like

Ah! Like the Duke of Edinburgh. He was touring wildlife habitats somewhere and was asked if he would like to tour a refugee camp, and he asked “Why? Are they in danger of extinction?”

Plot twist: I am the Duke of Edinburgh.

1 Like

I’m so concerned for the planet as a whole–like all these issues I care about deeply, but I’ve always been so concerned for the welfare of animals. I just hate how people treat animals, and especially things like hoarding, or stories where people just abuse their pets–like why did you get an animal at all if all you’re going to do is treat them like crap?
Or hunting big game animals–I just personally never understood why people went after leopards for instance, or seals–just for fur to put on a coat you’ll wear a couple times? To have some trophy on the wall? So many species are endangered cause of that…it really upsets me

1 Like

Your Royal Highness… (genuflect)

I think we care too much about our environment. What is going to happen? The human race will face extinction? The truth is, that’s far better for the planet than almost anything else we could do

That’s a severely underrated number. The actual figure could be even higher than 30 percent

I think you misunderstood. 3% of all water on the earth is freshwater. That we pollute. We may perfectly pollute 30% of those 3% tho… or more. I don’t have the number.

It is, but since dying isn’t really a solution we tend to go for the second best

OH okay got confused lol

1 Like

From Earth’s perspective it is a pretty nice solution, no more humans to layer its soil with concrete lol.

Everyone cares about the environment but no one (including me) does anything about it. Little token steps that the common people take aren’t enough for the damage we are wreaking on a global scale.

Sure.

try to do what I can despite the fact that the big corporations are those who need to make the changes that impact us the most :slight_smile:

1 Like