Which Title would make you click? (please help me out!!)

Hiya! I am currently in the early stages of writing a teen fiction/romance novel and was wondering which one of these Titles would draw your attention in the most:

1. The boy with the cigarette
  2. Saltwater Kisses
  3. Heatwave

I’m very much still in the early stages with this story! Its a teen fiction/ romance; here’s a quick overview:

Lois, my main character, moves to her Auntie’s house on the coast for the summer and works in the pub she owns. She essentially finds one of the boys that also works there very arrogant and annoying, and hates his smoking habit. Its the standard love/hate, bickering, tension kinda vibe!!

The story very much centres around the beach and the ocean, and it is set in the summer so I quite liked the idea of bringing that element in to the title as well! Most of the scenes are set either in the pub in which they both work, or by the ocean swimming/sunbathing/surfing.

I’m open to any other suggestions! As you can see its kind of a summer romance theme!

Thanks a lot xx

1 and 2 standout more to me. It would be easier if you could give a description of what it was about though, it would make the decision much easier.

The second is most likely to attract my attention if I were looking for romance. In the first one, boy & cigarette are a double whammy of a turn off (not interested in boys, cigarettes are disgusting for me). Heatwave sounds too generic for me.

3 Likes

Saltwater Kisses.

4 Likes

I love Saltwater Kisses! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Saltwater kisses has the strongest pull for me.

2 Likes

I’m still in the honeymoon stage of writing a new story where I just want to write and write and so haven’t had much time to think about a blurb! But off the cuff, it’s basically your classic teen fiction romance!

Lois, my main character moves to her Auntie’s house on the coast for the summer and works in the pub she owns. She essentially finds one of the boys that also works there very arrogant and annoying, and hates his smoking habit. Its the standard love/hate dilemma :slight_smile:

But obviously as they are on the coast the story very much centres around the beach and the ocean, and it is set in the summer so I quite liked the idea of bringing that element in to the Title as well! xx

Ahh I hate smoking too, and it’s the main device I use to separate my two love interests initially as one smokes and the other can’t stand it!!

Thank you so much for letting me know that this would stop you from being interested though, that’s really useful! xx

@AdrianneFitzpatrick @Fondness_Fantasies @ProjectPr1de

Thanks a lot guys!! Guess I have a winner! xx

4 Likes

Reading based off that, I would go with Saltwater Kisses. That piques my interest more, and I wish you luck!

1 Like

I vote Saltwater Kisses! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Saltwater kisses

1 Like

Def more likely Saltwater kisses. MAYBE Heatwave. #1 is way too cliche for me

1 Like

I would definitely click on a book titled Saltwater Kisses. The other two titles don’t appeal that much to me.

1 Like

Well…

• Saltwater Kisses sounds like a summer fling romance kind of novel. I think it’d be the most appropriate for your theme - however, as a reader, I’d expect to see some association to saltwater/salt/the beach/some metaphor relating to these in the novel. Otherwise it’d just be a pretty name for a novel, without much thought going into it.

• The Boy With the Cigarette honestly sounds just like a ‘bad boy’ book. If that’s the vibe you’re going for, then this would be more fitting.

• Heatwave sounds like one of possibly hundreds of WP novels. It really doesn’t stand out.

2 Likes

Cigarette would turn me off immediately.

Heatwave suggests smut. If your story has smut. It’s perfect.

Saltwater Kisses sounds very romantic and sweet.

2 Likes

wow, thanks for the comments! xx

Ah thanks for pointing out the cigarette thing, that’s so useful to know as that’s now 2 people that would have been put off by it!

Ummm not exactly confident in my smut writing abilities so steering clear of that!! Thanks a lot for your input! xx

I agree with the majority too. Saltwater Kisses … it’s cute and fun. Pair the title with really good cover art, and you have something to pull readers in. Good luck. I love the honeymoon phase of writing. Creating characters and scenes.

1 Like

Ah its great, isn’t it! Feels like I’ve got these characters living inside my head with me! Trying to ignore the fact that eventually I’ll have to stop writing random paragraphs and start working on fleshing out the plan for it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes