Who likes Demons? Let’s discuss demon characters

So I’m writing a book about the Seven Deadly Sins and I just want to talk about demons and this can also be a cool discussion on other paranormal creatures to and we can share story ideas and stuff.

3 Likes

skfkrlsks I love demons what are yours like??

1 Like

Mine are basically body snatchers and they borrow human bodies to walk the earth. The try to pick the body of victims. Seven Deadly Sins don’t kill tho, they make u ruin your own life.

3 Likes

ooo do they have their own physical form?

1 Like

What are your’s like, @Pharaoh_Atemu?

My story contains demons, but they’re not what people think of when when demons are mentioned. They’re kind of vampire-like in that they can turn humans into demons, but they don’t need blood to survive, and it doesn’t require being undead. They’re basically day walking, human looking, practically immortal humans.

1 Like

I like demons. In fact, I like to draw them

Their names are; Moonlight and Zozo; they’re brother and sister who goes on adventures together.

Moonlight- The older sister and a tomboy who doesn’t mind to get her hands dirty, all while looking cute in a skirt.

Zozo- The younger brother who’s physically strong (despite being pink) and love his sister dearly that he’ll do anything to protect her from harm

well let’s see- I have a few (I think this is all of them)
•purebred
•halfbreed
•mixbreed
•Soulless
•Mutated
Each has its own range of powers and physical body (except soulless they kinda just, float around)
Purebred is your typical demon- horns, wings, tail, magic, etc. Depending on their status level they’ll have a bigger tail/wings/horn.
I could go into each type and the status levels and also dig up some lore if you want.

1 Like

Oooh i love demons too! Have you looked into demonology? Some of the deep lore is pretty cool.

Though to be honest I use “demons” and not actual demon lore sometimes XD they’re just an interesting concept

1 Like

I wanted the antagonist of my newest WIP to be a demon but didn’t know what kind. I’ve been looking for an inspiration and I think I found it.

The other day, I was reading an article about these cute baby squirrels who got their tails tangled up and it mentioned a “rat king” that somehow related to that. I’m a curious person, so I looked up what a rat king is - it’s when rats get their tails tangled. In the olden days, people were terrified when they found these poor rodents (who will die if they don’t find a way to separate), thinking it was a demon in a multi-rat form. In short, people are terrified of rats so anything weird about them scares their boots off.

There’s apparently a whole bunch of lore about giant rats. Like in the drawing below, it’s gross, but it also gets your imagination going. I think I can make something interesting out of this concept.

6 Likes

No they don’t have a physical form. Similar to angels true forms in my world, they are negative energy personified. Think is the human soul that has evil intertwined in their very being. Evil energy but pure. Better yet, think of it a corrupted grace, grace is the holy energy which is an angel

1 Like

That picture is bada$$ af

1 Like

that’s so cool

It is, isn’t it? I like the little details like the gold bangles on the tail and the little golden hoops hanging from the shirt (if it can be called that) or how the hair is sticking out from between the cloth. This drawing alone is giving me a bunch of ideas.

1 Like

It’s a multi-rat (LOL like multi-bear from Gravity Falls)

1 Like

I really love researching Japanese folklore and discovering more about all the spirits and demons.

I write stories about the Sins as well, funnily enough; one race of demon for each Sin.

The same in reverse with angels and the Virtues

1 Like

Nice. I would love to read your interpretation. What’s the title?

1 Like

Mine is probably not as creative as yours. Mine focuses on the human weakness rather than the demons themselves.

1 Like