Who reads your books?

Hi there, who reads your books?
I have my book on Wattpad to find out who reads my book.
I really like the map section of where readers are in the world, and what gender and age they are.

Something that really surprised me is that MEN really seem to enjoy my story, that was surprising.

I don’t know if Wattpad is the best place to get readers for what I am writing, most of the readers here seem to look for teen fiction or the very classic girl in school-age stories. But there is also a few of exactly the readers that would love it, it is just hard to find dem.

So,
Who reads your books?

MOSTLY women do, its like 85% women and the rest is either men or private, but they come from all around the world which I love being able to connection with others

1 Like

What age group are they and what genre do you write?

18-25 is biggest range, second is 13-18 than 25-35, but it makes sense for the genre somewhat since it’s Fantasy with subplot of Romance and my characters are teenagers

1 Like

Right, so Wattpad is the perfect place for you to find your readers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah! I just hope to gather more active loyal readers soon :slight_smile: but either way I enjoy writing my story and making my characters come to life

1 Like

That is important. :slight_smile:

My biggest range is 18-25, and female by a small margin. It’s not that surprising as a teen fic/romance writer though!

1 Like

Yes, you are in the right place here, It seems to be teen fic that readers are looking for here but as an older writer myself I wish that Wattpad had an older writer section at times.

1 Like

Definitely, but there’s just not a lot of fighting you can do against what a reader wants in a specific moment.

1 Like

I have mostly women from the u.s. I have a saudi, a nigerian, a burmese person. Those were the strangest anyways.

1 Like

More than half of my readers are female, with roughly 30% being private and the rest being male.

Age range depends on which story is it, my oneshot collection is read mostly by those between 13 and 25 and my “romance” is split evenly at 22% for every age range except 45+.

Most of my readers are in the US, but I have a few readers in other parts of the world.

1 Like

This is for Tainted Wings: Book One, which is mature btw (because of sex scenes).

This is all out of my 62,725 reads.

Ages:
18-25: 60% (My target audience)
13-18: 18%
25-35: 14%
35-45: 3%
Private: 3%
Over 45: 2%

Private: 13%
Male: 2%

Top 5 countries:
USA: 36.8%
United Kindom: 7.6%
Philippines: 7.2%
India: 6.3%
Nigeria: 4.2%

2 Likes

Yes, Wattpad has your target audience.
So are you building a following?

1 Like

Kinda? Before Wattpad, I wrote fan fiction on Tumblr. I gained over 6k followers there so when I said I decided to write my own books on Wattpad, some of them continued to support me on here. And then from there, my following continued to grow. You can say I was one of those lucky ones that didn’t have to wait months to get their first few followers and reads. So far everything is going great. Many people are enjoying what I write and they always come back for more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Females would be about 50 to 60%. The rest would be divided between male and private, with mostly male being the higher percentage.

The highest age demographic is 18-25 for my NA books and 13-18 for my YA book.

Countires-
USA
India
Australia & Canada
South Africa & Nigeria

But Saudi Arabia would also be included for my second book along side - South Africa and Nigeria.

1 Like

Oh btw I write Supernatural Romance. But I don’t write teen fiction. All of my MC’s will either be my age or older.

1 Like

That is great, good for you. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!

Nice, your target audience is here on Wattpad.

1 Like