Why can't I find my story via Wattpad's search?

Not only is “Cabin Fever” part of my story’s title, “cabinfever”, “cabin” and “cabinfeverfanfiction” are also in my story’s tags. Yet when I type “Cabin Fever” into Wattpad’s search bar (as a logged-out visitor), my story doesn’t show up at all! Same story with all the other tags I’ve tried to use as search terms.

My story’s been posted for over 24hrs now, so it should well and truly be ‘in the system’ by now. Also, it isn’t mature, so it shouldn’t be getting filtered out of searches based on age restrictions.

Why can’t I find my story?

I mean what good is it posting a Cabin Fever fanfic if people searching for “Cabin Fever” on Wattpad can’t even see it?

which story are you referring to? Because I saw one of them while searching

Cabin Fever: Promises To Keep.

I’d be surprised if you found my other one, because it’s mature.

But I just tried again, and I still can’t find it.

I would send a ticket since your title is unique with the promises to keep. It should show up.

Paring shot is the first one to come up when searching :joy: I will see again

it will take time to pop up to people since it doesn’t have many parts or reads so it will be near the bottom but should be there hmm…weird

@Angelic_Vamp since you are a content Amb do you know anything about this to clear it up?

1 Like

How high is your story ranked? Have you tried typing in your username and the title at the same time? If it shows up, then don’t worry about it. Rankings are also kind of screwed up at the moment and don’t work very well.

1 Like

Try typing your username.

Wait more days or a week and check.

Have you troubleshoot your device? But that one might not be useful

And if all above ‘yes’ then might have to send ticket.

2 Likes

I can confirm your findings, both from within the app and from the web client. I suggest you wait a few days to make sure the system is updated. If it still doesn’t show up then, a ticket would be a good idea.

1 Like

I don’t usually find all of my stories when I search for them but it’s not a technical problem. It just depends on ranking and popularity. The more common your book title is (in accordance with your read count) the harder it will be to find. Searching with your username should help you locate it easier but if you still can’t, try contacting Wattpad to see if they can provide some help.

1 Like

Thanks. But this was posted after I lodged a tech support complaint about it missing from the searches.

That’s what tickets are for. Generally it takes 24-48 hours for a story to get into the database, but there are always exceptions.

1 Like

You can have a completely original story title on Wattpad, and if you search for it word for word, it still won’t pop up. Is it because you don’t have enough reads? How is anyone supposed to get more reads if their stories don’t pop up when people are searching for it?

2 Likes

@SierraFarted You can read this article for more information: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/205922820-Having-Trouble-Finding-A-Story-In-Search-Discover-

If troubleshooting steps don’t help, you can send a ticket to Support here: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us

P.S: I’m not an ambassador, just like to help :slight_smile:

1 Like