Why do you enjoy writing humour?

It has been very quiet in the Humour club lately so I’m curious. Why do you write humour? What is it about this genre that you enjoy? Let me know below. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m very tempted to reply with “Because it’s funny” - but I’ll try and give a serious answer.

Because comedy is like oil - any chef can tell you fat is a great medium for flavours - in the same way humor is the holden plater on which I can server a plate of fantasy and a glass of horror.

Humor is the genre where you can have a character be the most unlikable asshole and convey that in a medium which isn’t unpleasant to read.

You can make the readers feel emotionally attached to a character which would otherwise get your story called stupid and nonsensical.
So what if your character is a demon long trapped into the shape of a roomba by the god of order - while the readers are buys laughing about how funny the idea is you can plant character growth and before you know it the demon lord roomba is out sacrificing itself for the sake of it’s party in order to hold off an army of undead - and out of nowhere your readers are crying themselves to sleep over a roomba.

I guess what I’m trying to say it - it’s pretty funny.

1 Like