Why don’t people like to vote on topics?

You usually see more likes on the comments people make rather than voting on the actual topic. Why do you think that is? :thinking:

They probably reached the limit of the number of votes like me. I don’t know why there’s a limit.

3 Likes

I forget the option is there tbh.

3 Likes

It’s also possible that people assume that voting on the topic will be formatted the same way as liking the comment (clicking the heart at the bottom) and think it’s not an option when there’s no heart at the bottom of the topic. I’ve caught myself making this mistake many times. Wattpad should make their forum UI more consistent.

2 Likes

Because the layout is so fubar it took me UNTIL NOW TO REALIZE I COULD VOTE ON A TOPIC :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Same. I didn’t even know that was an option until now. :hushed:

2 Likes

Oh hello

Meaning?

1 Like

Uh I’m saying hi

1 Like

I guess I’ve never really seen the point

3 Likes
  1. First I think it’s because the people are not usually aware about voting the topic.

2. They usually don’t read the main topic, they just enter into any ongoing conversation.

3. Maybe they don’t like the topic.

I think these would be some of the reasons. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Because I didn’t know you could actually vote on a topic. hahahaha. Until you mentioned this. :rofl:

3 Likes

I sometimes vote on topics but for the most part I don’t actually understand what topic-voting does, so that’s why I don’t bother a lot of the time. xD

4 Likes

I don’t even know what “voting on a topic” is.

This topic for instance, below your text:

I see a :thinking: bookmark type thing? A flag, (which I assume is bad). A link thing, IDK what that’s for… And the reply/comment arrow.

Sometimes there’s a heart there too, but not always. I’m not sure what arbitrary website God decides to make the heart unavailable to me most of the time.

But I see no vote option, or star :star2: which I have learned to associate with votes now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

OMG… (edit) I scrolled all the way up and saw the giant orange vote button. What the what is it for?

Like “HOORAY!!! THIS TOPIC IS THE BEST TOPIC OF ALL TOPICS!!! LET’S CELEBRATE!” :tada: :smile:

:thinking:?

1 Like

they dont know about the topics … ahaha

I have only two votes left… so better keep it for “important” thing :woman_shrugging:

i just dont see a reason too, like isn’t commenting enough

Because people are lazy and they fear that by clicking on something extra (like the vote button) would result in them losing the fat in their chubby fingers. :thinking:

2 Likes

LMAO :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

My fingers are curvy thank you very much :joy::joy:

3 Likes