☪ WINGED ↬ Book Cover Contest ↫ OPEN!

WELCOME TO WINGED,
A BOOK COVER CONTEST/GAME HOSTED BY @ANDRESSAVAN

Hey there, dear designer! I’m Andressa, the administrator of this contest and one of the judges, alongside with @korralistic and @scmimi. I created this book cover contest for you to practice your cover making skills and have fun! As for it, this contest does not have a prize. The winner of each round will be highlighted bellow as a recommendation for those interested in a cover.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Enjoy ^-^

Let’s go through how this is going to work and the rules, shall we?

how does this work?

The contest will be divided in rounds; each round I’ll post a resource/theme/challenge to be used/followed. Anyone can enroll by replying to the round post saying “I’m in”! I will deny entries that hasn’t the resource provided or that hasn’t followed the theme.

The rounds are going to go up on Fridays with entries due to the following Friday. On the due date, I’ll organize a poll so anyone can vote on their favorite cover. The poll will be up for three days, results will be shared every Monday!

The winner will be chosen by the judges’ rates summed to the public votes. There is a total of three judges which will not be allowed to vote in the public survey, only give their private rates. Judges will rate each cover from 1 to 5, the final rate (up to 15 points) for each contesters will be summed up to their results in the public survey.

<

rules

*It’s mandatory to use the resource provided / follow the theme on each round;

*The resource should be visible enough / following the theme;

*Use 512x800px for the cover;

*Entries are anonymous!;

*Submissions must be sent through the submission form below;

*Contesters will have a week to submit their entry;

*One entry per round allowed;

*Participants are allowed to vote on the Public Vote as long as they DO NOT vote for themselves;

*Tagging is allowed but without directly asking for votes. State on your comment that your friends are free to vote in whichever cover is their favorite.

*In case of a tie: I will make another poll with the covers that received the same amount of votes, which should be up for a day. If there’s another tie on the second poll, the judges will choose the winner.

*Be nice to one another!!

*If the entry doesn’t follow one of the rules, I reserve the right to deny it.

<
SUBMISSION FORM: CLICK HERE!

11 Likes

past roundsFind here the shortcuts for all past rounds and winners!

ROUND ONE // winner: @bottle_of_rum

ROUND TWO // winner: @DaisyDoesNothing

ROUND THREE // winner: @ellisebay

ROUND FOUR // winner: @ellisebay

ROUND FIVE // winner: @theheraera

ROUND SIX // winner: @DaisyDoesNothing

ROUND SEVEN // winner: @chiptpaint

ROUND EIGHT // winner: @dystopial / @FOXYGIRL8002

ROUND NINE // winner: @witchoria
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<
previous roundCheck the previous round here. You can now vote on your favorite cover to win!

Vote is closed!

<
current roundCheck the current round here. If you want to join, reply with “I’m in” and you will be added to the participants list!

This round is due July 12th, join the fun!

6 Likes

last winner

THE WINNER OF THE LAST ROUND WAS: @witchoria . Check her/him out if you are on the look out for a new cover!

4 Likes

FAQ
If you have a question about the contest, check this faq to see if it was already answered! If not, feel free to ask!

I don't use Photoshop, can I enroll?

Of course! This contest is made to anyone that wants to practice their cover making skills despite the software/website used.

My covers aren't that good, can I enroll?

Of course! This contest is made to anyone that wants to practice their cover making skills and to have fun!

How do I enroll?

You just have to answer the round post with "I'm in" and you will be added to the participants list!

Where do I submit my entry?

You have to fill out this form. The judges won't accept submissions made in any other way.

How will the winner be chosen?

When the round closes, one of the judges will organize a public survey so anyone can vote. The winner will be chosen by the juries’ rates summed to the public votes. There will be a total of three judges which will not be allowed to vote in the public survey, only give their private rates. Judges will rate each cover from 1 to 5, the final rate (up to 15 points) for each contesters will be summed up to their results in the public survey.

How will the voting work?

On the due date we’ll close the current round, organize a survey then we’ll post here so people can see all the entries and vote! Also, judges will give their private rates for each cover. The sum of the judges votes for each cover will be summed up to the public vote and that will be the final participant score. After the voting closes, we'll announce the winner!

Can I tag my friends to vote?

Yes, tagging is allowed but without directly asking for votes. State on your comment that your friends are free to vote in whichever cover is their favorite.

I'm a participant, can I vote on the public survey?

Yes, participants can vote as long as they don’t vote for themselves.

What if there's a tie?

We will make another survey with the covers that received the same amount of votes, which should be up for a day. If there’s another tie on the second survey, the judges will choose the winner.

Will there be a theme for the contest?

Each round will have a resource, theme and/or other instructions to be followed/used which will be mandatory. Entries that doesn't follow that will be denied.

How much time do I have to submit?

Each round will be up for a week (from Friday to Friday). Pay attention to the due date and time, which will be BRT (there will be a link to calculate the equivalent hour on your location on the round post).

I submitted my cover through the thread/PM, what should I do?

Covers submitted through the thread/PM won't be valid/accepted. If you have already posted your cover on the thread and still wants to participate/have your entry accepted, delete your comment on the thread and fill out the submission form!

I already submitted my cover but I want to change it, what do I do?

That won't be able anymore.

Participants will only be able to send a second submission IF they already did the first one and one of the judges got in touch with them because the cover sent doesn't fit the rules! Otherwise, participants won't be able to change their entry cover after it had been submitted!

Can I use existing covers I have made or do I have to make a completely new one?

If I have provided a resource (texture, image) on that round, it will be mandatory to use it on the cover. If you can incorporate that to an existing cover of yours, that’s fine (remembering that the resource needs to be visible enough). If you can’t incorporate then you will have to make a new one.

If I haven’t provided a resource to be used, you can use an existing one as long as it fits on the theme/other instructions of that round.

After a contest round is over, can I offer my entry elsewhere as a premade or something?

Yes, for sure!

2 Likes
PUBLIC SETLIST

@lolaalvilivi @foreverthenorthstar @bumble-vee

DESIGNERS SETLIST

@dem0n @dystopial @xingase @zatzka @toastynights @sereneur @Azanthiel @EncryptedWriting @DaisyDoesNothing @Matthaios_07 @Lady-Emerald @TTBMBFF @IftiYousuf @iM0THS @JessicaRufus1 @Silverless @lrafael98 @HottestCrossBun @scmimi @aashmeh @AnneCullen3

11 Likes

What do you guys think?!!

2 Likes

This is so cool! I am horrid at covers but I think it would be fun to try!

1 Like

Yay!! Do participate! Having fun and practice is the whole purpose of this thread <3

2 Likes

Looks cool, but I am at school soooooooo

1 Like

Ooooo, I’m tempted to join. When’s the first prompt being posted?

1 Like

Tomorrow!! I’ll let you know

1 Like

Hi! This looks awesome - please could you add me to the tag list? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I guess I’m in, sign me up! <3

1 Like

Hey! I really want to practice my skills, so I’m in! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m already excited!

But I got a question, once the cover for a round is made do we have to put it on a new post here?

Will there be a theme for the contest?

Ooo this sounds exciting! I would be glad to join. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@zatzka The entry cover should be sent to me via PM. On the due date I’ll close that round, organize the covers and a poll then I’ll post here so people can see all the entries and vote!

@SunshyneCF yes, each round will have something to be followed/used (a resource, a challenge, a theme).

1 Like

Yea, I like a theme

1 Like

Thanks everyone for taking interest in this <3

2 Likes