Wood You Read It?

Welcome to… Wood you read it? This is a thread for new and experienced authors alike to test whether or not readers wood be interested in their story based on their title, cover, and summary!

The rules are as follows:

1. Please leaf constructive feedback on the post above yours, or on a book posting without a comment
  2. Titles, covers, and summaries can be posted!
  3. Most importantly… Have fun!!!

Please note this thread is knot for advertising. Hopefully comments will branch out!

Edit: Please do not advertise. Advertising is against the guidelines and can result in a thread being closed.

Here’s mine :slight_smile:

Unlike the world of the past their future is not so bright; at least for Wren Inigo. She grew up in a world where she has only heard of daisies as a myth and seen atomic bombs by the dozen.

My revamped summary:
Unlike the world of the past their future is not so bright; at least for Wren Inigo. She grew up in a world where she has only heard of daisies as a myth and seen atomic bombs by the dozen. When her State prison was drafted for war, she knew that time was limited. There was so much she had wanted to do; freeing Liberia included. Will she overcome the memories of the past, to journey on to a brighter future? Or will she succumb to the fate the State has layed out for her?

newtemplate_1_original

Summary: Katherine Johnson has always been a recluse, and after years of wanting a friend, she . As she trudges on with her sad and dreary life barely surviving, she meets someone who shakes up her world. Someone who bothers to become close to her rather than giving up on any type of relationship with her. She gets to experience the consequences of getting involved with other people, both the good and bad. However, maybe they aren’t who they seem to be…

The concept seems cool, but there could be more information to get me interested. What are Wren’s goals? What problems does she need to overcome? Who is she? This only tells me about the setting, and it might work better if you tell me a little more than that :slight_smile: .

Cool cover btw! It’s kind of unique.

(Heads up: you can’t share links to your story outside of the SYS threads :slight_smile: )

I love the title and the cover: both send out a sort of somber mood.

As for the blurb, there seems to be a sentence missing. The concept seems interesting, though. However, I would like to know a little more about Katherine. How old is she? Has she literally been a recluse, or is she just someone who keeps to herself? In what kind of environment does she live? What kind of person does she meet?

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This is mine:

cover2

Title: Because you’re different
Genre: YA/NA Romance

Blurb:
What if your body doesn’t always do what you want it to do?

For June, this isn’t a question, but a daily reality. As a fourteen-year-old with cerebral palsy, frequently dropping stuff and being stared at by complete strangers is nothing out of the ordinary. Other than that, life is great, until her parents decide to move to California.

With all her friends miles away and nobody there to protect her from boys stealing your lunch, school becomes a lot more complicated than it had been. Then, she befriends Sam Redstone, a shy boy who’d always been invisible to others.

June’s days improve drastically with Sam by her side, and when she meets his older brother Nathan, she finally believes her cousin Valentina might have been right about sexy California guys. Slowly, she and Nathan develop a unique friendship, one that, June finds herself hoping, might someday turn into something more. But as the years go by, she’s starting to think she might never be with him that way, or any other man for that.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, this really helps! I’ll definitely be taking a look at my summary! As for the cover, thank you I made it myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

157598898-352-k721124

Dr. Blake Russo, newly divorced and ready to look for the next phase of her life decides to look for her biological parents. One DNA test on an online geanealogy program starts the unraveling of a whole love story about a Duchess born into the Romanov family. The unknown heiress of an Empire. Blake, is whisked away to a foreign country to learn her roots and face her responsibility.

Can there be fate where an arranged marriage is involved?

Henry Chapman, a man on an intense career path is all but happy to hear of his upcoming nuptials. He will do everything in his power to make sure she knows this is a marriage of inconvenience. He will break her if it’s the last thing he does in this life.

1 Like

You meant to say wood, not would, right? Kinda confused

1 Like

yeah the same way they wrote knot instead of not XD they are being punny

At least they have a sense of humor unlike lots of other b(censor)hurt a(censor)holes on Wattpad

Hey there!

I’ve edited your first post to make it clear that advertising is now allowed within the thread as it against guidelines

Thanks for understanding!

Amelia - Community Ambassador :spruce_goose:

3 Likes

Star!

Hello! :smile:

I’ve edited your comment to remove the link as asking people read your story, and/or providing a link, is considered self-advertising and is against Club Guidelines

If you would like feed back on your story, feel free to have a look in the Story Services club :smile:

You can also share your story in the Share a Story Club :smile:

Thank you for understanding!

Amelia - Community Ambassador :spruce_goose:

1 Like

Your blurb is so good. You tell us your theme without revealing the plot. :orange_heart:
The title is also :orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:
But I don’t like the cover. The colors look sad and depressed. The thin font is also hard to see when the cover is minimized.

1 Like

I dunno, this thread does kinda go against the grain . . .

1 Like

The cover is very simple and I love how you used only two colours. They complement each other fantastically, especially the ‘rust’ feeling on the cover. From the cover alone I get a feeling of aging, maybe a story that takes place in 1960s, but the picture itself is not quite clear, and I understand you went for that. The background is up for the reader’s guessing. It looks like a restaurant to me.

The blurb starts out with a really great line which startles more interest to read on. I love how you introduced June, and once again, the paragraph ends in a good note that makes me wonder what happens in California. This is just my opinion, but in the last paragraph, the first sentence makes me lose a bit of interest due to the cliche and continues on like that until the last sentence, which actually turns out to be very absorbing in a way. You didn’t give away too much information, but kept it interesting enough. I’d read it out of curiosity, although I’m not into romance. Great job with it!

2 Likes

A young bard travels the world in search for stories to fill his poem tome with. He’s a no-name who has been granted a calling by a mermaid; who met a traveller that found out how he will die from the whispers of the dead. He wrote of a King that went against an army of undead to reclaim his lost town and of a Human-Faced Spider Queen who has wiped an entire forest clean, changing the fate of a traveller into meeting her.

This is just the beginning of his journey and he can’t wait to tell you what other stories he has come across!

2 Likes

Lol. I wrote the exact opposite about the cover. :orange_heart: It’s a good thing your opinion differs from mine. @ErinIsobelM can take our thoughts and juggled what fits and what doesn’t.

2 Likes

White Panther White Witch

WhitePantherWhiteWitchcover
Meadow is a Witch who grows up believing that shifters are a plague on the world. She joined the Hunter’s Guild working to wipe the plague from the world. When she discovers the truth will her world become a disaster or can she live with the horror the truth reveals? Meadow finds out she is the Mate to a shifter, how can she find love after a life lived on lessons of hatred and abuse. Will fate win or will hatred block any chance of happiness?

I love your cover, it looks incredible. The synopsis is a bit confusing but I love bards and I think I am going to have to go and check this out. I have been looking for something just for the fun of it. I am looking forward to this.