word-wars

Sure.

:tada::tada::tada:

422 words.

:scream::sweat: I forgot about this!

I nearly did too. Wanna try again?

15-35? eating lunch

Sure.

I didn’t really know how to feel Alastair. He just went in with Ame. She was being a bit of a performer with how she said bye to me. he didn’t seem too amused by it. I hoped they’d have a good night…

Once I got into the room, someone put their hands over my eyes. “Peek-a-boo!”

I nudged him in the side and laughed. “I’d love for you to be my prince charming tonight. My friend’s already been taken care of.”

“Great!” If he were my brother or we were closer, Cole probably would’ve thrown his arms around me. “You wanna wait or should we get out there?”

“Let’s wait.” My cheeks burned. “I probably sound like a mom, but I’m sort of worried about my roommate. Also, the chocolate fountain at the ball is to die for.”

Cole offered his hand. “You’re fine. It’s alright to be worried when you care.” He gave me a smile. It was just like the one he gave me when we first met. “A girl I went to school with said the same thing. There was no getting in her way ‘til she got some.”

“Did you go to school around here?”

He shook his head. “I moved here around six months ago. I was promised a job and an apartment and wanted to spend a little time away from home.”

“Oh?” I asked. “What do you do?”

“I make artsy things with like paint and stuff. I got lucky and found someone who wanted to help me get started.”

My heart wasn’t racing anymore. “That’s the best, isn’t it?”

“Someone took a chance on you, too?”

I nodded. “My culinary teacher from my last two years of school. She bought me a storage terminal, so I could easily carry all of my supplies.”

“Yeah, my person got me one, too.” He looked at his wrist. His terminal was a greenish-blue with silver. “It was this one actually…”

Are you a struggling writer? | Enter here for advice, encouragement, or to vent! | V-23

387 words. I’d post mine, but it’s dark, and wouldn’t make much sense without the context.

Anyone want a war?

YES

ME TOO!

:50 - :00?

sure!

I’m in

“My roommate has someone looking out for him, too. She just gave us new terminals.” I smiled. “You think you could show me some of your art sometime?”

“Of course!” His eyes were like they were the first time, but I could see excitement, too. He loved art as much as I loved cooking.

“How’d you find out?” I asked.

His eyes drifted toward the ceiling. “I found out young. I always wound up making pictures when I couldn’t fall asleep. Anyone who sees them, especially things I wasn’t asked to make, is shocked by the quality.”

I was like that, too. My cooking never ceased to amaze Mom.

“I’ll be back.” I practically sprung off the wall. I couldn’t contain myself anymore.

I didn’t write anything because my step-brother’s cat demanded attention

the above is crap anyway, so…

Twenty minutes later I had my nice down do pulled into a messy ponytail and bangs pinned back. It was quite the look with my semi formal dress. Britton looked as mismatched as I did with his bowtie hanging from the rearview mirror and the top button of his tux undone. One of his hands was on the steering wheel, navigating the light traffic with ease. The other one was fiddling with the stereo blindly, trying to find a decent radio station, but it was the hour of talk shows and hour long infomercials. Eventually he gave up and turned it off completely.

We sat in silence, just listening to the whoosh of hot air coming in through the windows and tossling our hair.

But I was never really good at silence, and Britton still hadn’t told me how he was going to better show that he was over Lylla. “Where are we going?”

“It’s a surprise.”

“You know I hate surprises.”

“Actually, I know that you love them.” He shifted his grip on the wheel so his right hand was resting near mine on the center console.

@NotLikeYouThink Cats are always the top priority

They are