Word Wars: Race Against the Clock Part III

word-wars

Of course!

550 :blush:

to command a dragon’s soul. Perhaps you aren’t as powerful as you think.”

She threw her sword at him, but it went right through him. She screamed in frustration as he disappeared, and collapsed onto her knees next to the skeletal remains of the dragon she and Neloth had just killed.

“What was that?” the Dunmer wizard asked.

“He just stole my dragon soul,” she muttered through grit teeth. She then shouted to the sky, “How am I supposed to unlock these Words if I don’t have any dragon souls?”

Neloth placed a hand on his chin. “Maybe you could go back to Skyrim,” he said.

She looked up at the old wizard. “What?”

“Miraak’s power is in Solstheim, correct?” When she nodded, he continued, “Then he would have little to no power in Skyrim, considering how far away it is, and get your dragon souls there.”

She got to her feet and grinned at him. “Neloth, you’re a genius! I’m going to go tell Storn and then I’m gonna go to Skyrim!”

She ran to where her sword had landed, and then started running off the sunken city and towards the Skaal Village, sheathing her sword on the way.

When she got there, she was out of breath and met by Paces.

The Skaal looked at the sight of her and asked, “What happened? Where’s Marcurio?”

“Dead,” she huffed. “Where’s your father?”

He pointed to where the shaman was knelt down in the middle of the town, and she made her way over to him. She called his name, and he looked over at her as she approached.

“I spoke to Hermaeus Mora,” she told him. “He asked for the “secrets of the Skaal”.”

He sighed. “Hermaeus Mora… old Herma-Mora himself. So he is the source of Miraak’s power. Of course. We have many tales of Herma-Mora trying to trick us into giving up our secrets to him. And now he comes again for what we have long kept from him.”

“He said it’s the only way he’ll teach me the final Word of Miraak’s Shout,” she told him. She knew how much secrets were valued and she knew how hard they were to give up—there was still that secret that Arcaelo had promised to tell her before Elsebet had left for Solstheim that she still hadn’t been told.

“So it falls to me to be the one to give up the secrets to our ancient enemy. I do not know if I have the strength to face him. The Tree Stone is still corrupted… the land is still out of balance. But with the other five restored… it may be enough. It will have to be.”

She blinked at him. “You mean you’ll give him what he wants?”

He nodded. “Yes. The Skaal also tell of the day when we must finally give up our secrets. When Herma-Mora finally wins. As shaman, it is my duty to guard these secrets, but also to decide when it is necessary to give them up. I believe that time is now. If I am wrong, may my ancestors forgive me.” He stood up and held out an arm. “Give me the book. I will read it, and speak to old Herma-Mora myself. I will make sure

359 words.

Wow.

I joined Cole on a bench. “Here… I haven’t made pizza in a while…”

“You made it, so I’m sure it’ll be fantastic!” He gazed into my eyes. “Something on you mind?”

“Oh, just my roommate. He had a bit of a rough day yesterday.” I averted my gaze. “Nothing major.”

Cole took a bite of the pizza. “You wanna talk about it?”

I’d known Cole for about a week and a half by this point. That wasn’t long, but it never felt like it. There was something about him. Something that made you instantly wanna open up to him.

I didn’t know if that was a good or bad thing, but in the moment, I didn’t care.

“Do you ever get homesick?” I asked.

“Of course. Everybody does, sometimes.” He furrowed his eyebrows. “Kiryuu, right? That happened to him?”

I nodded. “Some people adjust to leaving home like that.” I snapped. “He’s tried to say otherwise, but he’s definitely not one of those people.”

“What makes you say that?”

“I hear him at night.” A sigh escaped my lips. “Most every night since we got the house from his sponsor or mentor or whatever she is.”

He’d already downed half the slice. “Is that the only thing?”

“Did you try to visit me yesterday?”

He nodded. “I figured you wanted the day off.” His cheeks were bright red. “After I went to see if you were open, I passed out on the couch. Everybody’s exhausted the day after the ball.”

“That might’ve made it worse, but I know it wasn’t the trigger. In the time in the house, he hasn’t slept well.” I drew a long breath. “He ran off, and she and I were worried, so we went to talk to him.”

“That doesn’t sound so bad.”

That’s really good, I like it :smile::smile::smile:

It is? WHY?

It shows who the characters are, and it’s well written

I’d post mine, but it’s dark and has a bunch of bad language.

that’s fine

hountou ni? how? I’m like crazy insecure about Cyan…

I’m doing it cuz I need a stroke.

It shows them having a semi-normal conversation, and that’s always needed in a book, especially fantasy.

Okay this is showing up in google translate as ‘To the Hote’ what does it actually mean?

something to the effect of really?

I screwed her over SO bad last take…

Well I think you’ve redeemed it a bit

really?

I said a bit

again?

Sure! My week at camp and not writing has set me back a lot