Word Wars: Race Against the Clock Part III

word-wars

20-40?

Sounds good!

:exploding_head: 315

I knew exactly how that felt… My big brother had left me, too. I must’ve been around thirteen, cuz I was still in junior high. Even if I was homeschooled. He had to go to work. I hadn’t seen him since.

“That’s sorta just how it is when you’re a little brother.”

Even if I missed Del like crazy, I always tried to keep it from Hannah and Enji.

“Boys love being the tough guy, after all.”

It was true. Enji and Hannah hated when I kept my mask on. The kids were one thing, but they hated when I did it to them. It still did it, anyway, cuz I didn’t really like making them worry about it.

“How have you liked it here?”

“It’s better than the neighborhood I was in before, but there’s no place like home.”

“There really isn’t.”

I nodded.

She watched Graham for a minute. “How come you decided to come out here if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I was given an important job. Once it’s done, I’m going back to my family. I don’t know when that’ll be, though.”

I was glad I didn’t have to lie. If I told someone outside my family about this, they’d probably assume I was lying, though. The answer might’ve been vague, it was still true.

“That must be hard. As a mom, I wish I could help you with that.”

“Responsibility isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be, but it can’t be ignored.”

Sometimes, it was a gift from Kayleigh. Other times, it was a force intent on squeezing every drop out of you and then some.

“It really isn’t.” She smiled. “Come by the store if you ever need anything.”

I smiled. “Thanks. I came here with someone. Should get back before they think I took off. I’ve probably been gone a while.”

“See you later then, Kiryuu.”

487 :blush:

Do not fight it. Azura’s prophecies always come to pass. To deny them is to go headlong into the darkness with no light to guide you.”

Elsebet nodded. “Very well. What does Azura need?”

The Dark Elf smiled at her. “You must go to a fortress, endangered by water, yet untouched by it. Inside, you will find an elven mage who can turn the brightest star as black as night.” She sighed when she saw Elsebet’s confused expression. “It is cryptic, I know, but Azura’s signs are never wrong. I believe the fortress may refer to Winterhold. Ask if they know this elven enchanter.”

Elsebet nodded, already having a sneaking suspicion of who the elven mage was. Nelacar, an Altmer mage, had been living in the Frozen Hearth Inn since she could remember, and Dagur, the innkeeper, was always having trouble with him.

She made her way to Winterhold, going straight to the Frozen Hearth. She shut the door behind her, saying hello to those that greeted her, until she made her way to Nelacar’s room, and knocked on the door.

A grumble sounded from the other side of the door, and Nelacar jerked the door open, a scowl on his face.

“What don’t you get from ‘I don’t want to be distur-’” He interrupted himself, blinking when he saw who was outside the door. “Oh, Elsebet, hello. Sorry, I thought you were Haran. What do you want?”

“I’m looking for an elven mage that studies stars,” she said, cryptically. She was hoping that he would confirm her suspicions by knowing what she was talking about—if she was correct in her suspicions that Azura wanted the mage because of her infinite soul gem, her Star.

He narrowed his eyes accusingly, and almost hissed at her. “Who sent you? Was it the College? The Jarl? We agreed there would be no more questions.”

“A priestess of Azura sent me,” she told him, now that she knew he was the one she was looking for.

“Azura?” he asked. When she nodded, he continued. “Gods, it’s all finally coming back to haunt me.” He sighed. “You better come in. We can talk in here.”

He opened the door wider for her to enter. He motioned for her to sit down in one of the chairs, and she did, with him pulling a chair from the nearby table so he could sit facing her.

“What do you know about soul gems?” he asked her.

“They’re for enchanting.”

“They are. Except the gem is always consumed. They’re frail. Except for one. Azura’s Star. A Daedric artefact that allows any number of souls to pass through it. Some of us wanted to find out how. I was working under Malyn Varen, then. If only we knew what he was really planning.”

She raised an eyebrow. “What did he do?”

“Malyn wanted to alter the Star,” he told her. “He was dying. Disease.

:heart_eyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:exploding_head:

I’m guessing you liked those lines?

Ee!

Unfortunately, I didn’t come up with them. I’m copying them from a quest in Skyrim, as Elsebet’s doing said quest. If you want to look it up it’s called ‘Azura’s Star’

Wanna go again?

reminds m of lost song. gomen. tis nearly midnight

Okay. Goodnight

Anyone want a war?

Anyone?

War?

if anyone wants war, feel free to summon me

war?

Yes.

35-55?

Sure.