Would you read this story idea?

So I was just listening to some sad songs and I just thought about this:

One day, I received a letter from myself. It was my suicide note ten years from now.

It’s an interesting premise, reminds me of those stories that used to be popular back in the day (getting letters from your future self).

2 Likes

That’s intriguing! The hook is there. If the story is captivating I would definitely read.

2 Likes

That would definitely be an interesting basis for a story, especially if there isn’t a lot of detail as to WHY you were going to do it, and you had to determine how to prevent it without actually knowing what events led to it. Could be pretty dramatic and suspenseful if done right!

1 Like

Write about it.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies, guys :slight_smile: I’m currently writing out the kinks and would probably start soon haha

2 Likes

Yay! Sounds exciting - best of luck, hope you can give us an update through this thread!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

1 Like

Good luck! For some reason it almost gives me a Death Note kind of vibe, but more personal in nature. Having to do detective work on something life threatening that hasn’t even happened yet to prevent it from happening in the first place. Maybe a weird connection to draw, but that’s what popped into my head. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi! That’s an interesting take on the idea! It just gave me a new perspective on the story hahaha

1 Like

Multiple angles to work with is always nice for ideas, although I guess it really depends on what kind of story you want in the end. A more dramatic, personal demons based drama, or more on the “mystery detective” side of things? Of course, finding a way to meld the two would make for a pretty interesting ride too! haha

1 Like

I would definitely read it. That kind of suspense is right up my alley.

If you wanted another thought-
What if the MC had a “crazy friend” who had a breakdown a year or more ago. The “crazy friend” is the only one who believes such a letter could exist. Maybe the crazy friend had received a letter before the breakdown. It also gives the MC somebody to talk to about everything.

1 Like

That’s a good set-up for a character exploration story. Write it, hun. :slight_smile:

1 Like