Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)

writing
writing-prompt
games
game

Kimmy! I’ve only seen you like once or twice but it’s good to see you :slight_smile:

SITUATION CLOSES IN 24 HOURS

THE LAST THING YOU REMEMBER IS FALLING ASLEEP, BUT WHEN YOU WAKE UP, YOU FIND YOURSELF TRAPPED IN A ROOM WITH PLAIN WHITE WALLS AND NOTHING ELSE. JUST WHEN YOU’RE TRYING TO RECOLLECT YOURSELF, A MYSTERIOUS VOICE ECHOES THROUGH THE ROOM.

“YOU ARE NOW TRAPPED IN THE WORLD CALLED EFFUGIUM RUBRUM. THE ONLY WAY TO ESCAPE IS TO TAKE ONE OF THESE, BUT IF YOU TAKE THE WRONG ONE, YOU WILL BE MET WITH DEATH.” THE VOICE ANNOUNCES.

IN FRONT OF YOU, FIVE SIMILARLY SHAPED FLOWERS WITH DIFFERENT COLOURS APPEAR: ORANGE, WHITE, RED, YELLOW, AND BLACK. THEY ALL ARE SO SIMILAR THE ONLY THING DIFFERENT ABOUT THEM ARE THE COLOURS.

“THE KEY TO ESCAPE LIES IN WORDS,” THE VOICE SAYS, “GOOD LUCK.” AND WITH THAT, YOU ARE RESIGNED TO SILENCE ONCE AGAIN. YOU REALISE IF YOU DON’T TAKE ON OF THE FLOWERS, YOU WILL BE TRAPPED HERE - FOREVER.

ONCE THE CEILING STARTS TO CRACK, YOU REALISE YOU WON’T BE TRAPPED, YOU WILL BE DEAD. THE WALLS START TO CRUMBLE, AND YOU MUST TAKE ONE OF THE FLOWERS, AND QUICK. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

NOTE: WEAPONS ALLOWED. POWERS NOT ALLOWED.

HINT: THERE’S SOMETHING A BIT STRANGE IN SOMETHING THE VOICE SAID, ISN’T THERE? MAYBE SOMETHING IS WORTH INVESTIGATING…

@Kimmy_Grace KIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!

You’re back!!! wugs

You may or may not see this but hello! :smiley:

(Character submitted: Trennende)

“Mein gott,” I said, rubbing my head as I stood up. “Where…where am I?” I said to myself. I tried to divide but found that I couldn’t. Something must be blocking my powers. Whatever it is, it’s also blocking me from my hive mind. Damn.

I take a look around the room to get my bearings. It’s a completely blank, white room. It looks as if it was drawn, that’s how featureless it is.

“YOU ARE NOW TRAPPED IN THE WORLD CALLED EFFUGIUM RUBRUM!” a voice boomed throughout the room, shaking the room. Some dust fell from the ceiling.

That’s Latin isn’t it? Red escape? The hell kind of name is that?

“THE ONLY ESCAPE IS TO TAKE ONE OF THESE!” the voice thundered. A table with five different vases appeared. They all had roses that looked exactly the same- the only thing different about them were the colors. There was a red one, a yellow one, a orange one, a white one, and a black one.

“BUT IF YOU TAKE THE WRONG ONE, YOU WILL BE MET WITH CERTAIN DEATH!” Cracks began forming in the walls and ceiling.

“THE KEY TO ESCAPE LIES IN WORDS! GOOD LUCK!” Chunks of the ceiling started falling down the walls began to buckle. The sheer volume of the being appears to have caused the room to begin to collapse. I smirk to myself and quickly grab the red flower.

This was almost too easy, I thought to myself.

Hello there!! I’m bad at names so if I don’t remember your username for a while I am sorry but thank you for stepping up to help host! Welcome to the staff!!

HI CUPCAKE ILY <3 I’m excited to be back!! School’s almost out so I can start participating a little more!

Well, i’m new here so i’m not too sure what to do. Mind lending me a sentence or two?

Hello and welcome!!!

Basically, you get a prompt. You take one of your characters and write a response to that prompt based on how you think your characters would react/what they would do. After a day (supposedly) the prompt closes, and the “answer” is revealed, along with who survived and who didn’t. Then, the current host picks their favorite response as “the winner” and the cycle starts again.

Oh okay, thanks for the help :grin:

no problem!

Oh boy, let’s see how this goes. This is probably going to be the shortest thing ever

Character In Use: Raven Lily
After listening to the ominous and loud voice, I then started to think momentarily. How could I still think under the life and death circumstances? Well, if I made a wrong choice, i’d probably be dead.

“The key to escape lies in words? How should I know what it means? What does this place means anyway?” Looking at the flowers, the colors are not really of the main color palate are they? “Should I take these or not?” Doing another short skim through of the room she made her decision.

“This room is white probably connected to life. Black means the end and the opposite of white so why not?” Ignoring the place itself and the weird name of the white opaque world, I just took the black flower and closed my eyes, hoping for death if it were to come onto me.

“Hope my instincts cut through…” Was my last word before the judgement.

Should I close it? It’s already been one day but there’re only two responses…

sure, two responses are the minimum needed to close anyway so it’ll be fine to cycle in a new prompt to try and bring in other people.

Okay, I’ll close it.

THE SITUATION IS NOW CLOSED.

RESULTS COMING SHORTLY.

HOW TO SURVIVE

TAKE ANY FLOWER EXCEPT FOR THE RED ONE. THE VOICE TRICKED YOU INTO THINKING THAT SINCE THE WORLD IS CALLED ‘RED ESCAPE’ IN LATIN, THE RED FLOWER IS THE CORRECT ONE. I WAS HOPING FOR SOMEONE TO EXPLICITLY STATE THAT THEY KNEW THE VOICE WAS TRICKING THEM, BUT…

HOW NOT TO SURVIVE:

TAKE THE RED FLOWER. WASN’T IT A BIT STRANGE THAT THE VOICE SEEMED INCLINED TO HELP YOU, AND YET THEY WOULDN’T TELL YOU THE CORRECT FLOWER? THEY TRICKED YOU, TRYING TO GET YOU TO THINK THAT THE RED ONE IS THE CORRECT ONE.

THOSE WHO SURVIVED: @XX_TaeNotV_XX WHILE YOUR REASONING WAS A LITTLE BIT SKEWED, WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU SURVIVED, RIGHT? I HOPE TO SEE MORE OF YOU AND RAVEN IN FUTURE PROMPTS.

THOSE WHO DIDN’T: @TheTrueTerrydactyl UNFORTUNATELY, YOU WERE TRICKED BY THE VOICE. THE ROOM CRUMBLED AND TRENNENDE WAS CRUSHED. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

WINNER: @TheTrueTerrydactyl YOUR PROMPT WAS FUN TO READ, AND I LOVE TRENNENDE’S CONFIDENCE! UNFORTUNATELY, SHE REALISED ONE THING AND NEVER MOVED ON FROM THAT. STILL, I LOVED YOUR PROMPT.

@TheTrueTerrydactyl Should I post the next prompt or will you?

Thread is dead,
Thread is dead
I am sad and confused
“We’re always active,” they said
But this thread is dead
Dead, dead, dead
And they lied

This is what happens when someone doesn’t respond to me in three hours