Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)

writing
writing-prompt
games
game

Poll!
Should I close the prompt?

• Yes
  • No
  • Up to you dude

0 voters

@NotLikeYouThink @TheTrueTerrydactyl @Xenoclea @Eternal_Foxglove @Dani-Phantom @ACertainCrimsonFox

PROMPT CLOSED. RESULTS COMING.

HOW TO SURVIVE:

COMPLETE YOUR TEST. A RANDOM DEITY-GOD THING WAS JUST MESSING WITH YOU, EXCEPT, YOU KNOW, THE THREAT OF DEATH ALONG WITH IT. THE WAY TO SURVIVE IS TO JUST COMPLETE YOUR TEST. WHEN YOU DO, YOU’LL FIND THAT TIME WILL INSTANTLY UNFREEZE AND YOU’LL BE ABLE TO GET OFF FROM YOUR SEAT AND BACK TO YOUR OWN WORLD.

HOW NOT TO SURVIVE:

PRETTY OBVIOUS. THE ANSWER WAS ALREADY PRETTY NARROW SO I DON’T THINK I HAVE TO FILL THIS SECTION OUT, AND BESIDES, THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF OTHER THINGS YOU COULD DO AND I DON’T WANT TO THINK OF AND LIST THEM ALL.

THOSE WHO SURVIVED:

@ETERNAL_FOXGLOVE
YOU SURVIVED… AGAIN! YOU NEVER REALLY SPECIFIED WHAT ANIYA DID AFTER SHE COMPLETED THE TEST, AND I’M NOT SURE THE RANDOM DEITY-GOD WOULD BE PISSED BY HER CHUCKING PENCILS AT PEOPLE.

THOSE WHO DIED:

@NOTLIKEYOUTHINK
THAT WASN’T THE WAY OUT. ALL ARCHIE WOULD ACCOMPLISH IS BREAKING THE CLOCK AND PERHAPS GETTING A FEW CUTS FROM THE SHARDS. IT WAS A GOOD TRY THOUGH.

@THETRUETERRYDACTYL
I WAS GOING TO LET YOU SURVIVE, BUT SINCE TRENNENDE ONLY FINISHED THE TEST BEFORE TIME FROZE, THEN - WELL, SORRY, AMIGO. YOU ALSO WASTED YOUR TIME BEATING THAT CLOCK TO DEATH. HER CLONES DID TECHNICALLY ESCAPE, I GUESS, BUT THE RANDOM DEITY-GOD WILL FIND A WAY TO KILL THEM SOONER OR LATER, SO SAY BYE-BYE TO TRENNENDE AND HER CLONES.

THE WINNER:

@NOTLIKEYOUTHINK
YOUR STORY WAS GREAT! ARCHIE’S AIM MUST HAVE BEEN REALLY ACCURATE, NO MATTER WHERE HE WAS SITTING. OVERALL YOUR STORY WAS VERY CREATIVE AND YOUR IDEA WAS QUITE UNIQUE WITH THE CLOCK AND ALL. GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME!

HONORABLE MENTION:

@ETERNAL_FOXGLOVE
IT WAS HARD TO CHOOSE FROM YOU TWO, BUT IN THE END, @ETERNAL_FOXGLOVE GOT THE HONORABLE MENTION. YOUR IDEA WAS SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE, AND ANIYA’S CHUCKING-PENCIL NOTION WILL NEVER CEASE TO MAKE ME LAUGH.

DAMMIT!!!

Oof made a mistake in the editing

@NotLikeYouThink Hey, it’s okay! Better luck next time :wink:

Yeah. Do you have another prompt?

I do, in fact. But it’ll take like around ten minutes to put up since I haven’t figured out the solution yet :joy:

Why?
Edit: You know what, I just figured out the solution. Hallelujah.

Should I post the next prompt or does anyone else want to?
@NotLikeYouThink @TheTrueTerrydactyl @Xenoclea @Eternal_Foxglove @Dani-Phantom @ACertainCrimsonFox

I have already won a prompt and we dont do repeat winners till each EOW so as to allow more people to participate in the EOW

so give the winner to @NotLikeYouThink

You can post it, sorry it took so long to reply, I went to work, I’m home now though

@TheTrueTerrydactyl :grin::grin::grin:

Okay then. Editing…

I post the next prompt, yes?

I’ll post the EOW if you want. Or if you want to, you can.

I just think it’s high time for an EOW.

If you post the EOW, make sure to announce the EOW and the prize you get if you win. Also be sure to tag everyone so they know and have the chance to participate

Oh - kay!

I’d like to post the EOW if that’s okay, but I’m not familiar with how to announce it and the rules.

just say its the EOW prompt and do what I told you. Otherwise, it’s just a regular prompt.

Okay, thank you.

Prompt coming up soon.

THIS PROMPT WILL CLOSE AT 6 PM ON FRIDAY (GMT+7)

THIS IS AN EOW PROMPT! THIS MEANS THIS IS A BATTLE ROYALE BETWEEN THE PREVIOUS WEEK’S WINNERS. IF YOU WIN, YOU GET TO HOST A PROMPT - EVEN IF YOU AREN’T A HOST.

YOU’VE COME HOME FROM WORK/SCHOOL. WHEN YOU GET TO YOUR BEDROOM, YOU SEE A MYSTERIOUS DOOR, AND YOU DECIDE TO OPEN IT. IT LEADS YOU TO A ROOM… FULL OF SHELVES AND FIGURINES OF EVERYTHING YOU’VE EVER KNOWN. YOUR SIBLINGS, IF YOU HAVE ANY, YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF PIZZA, YOUR FRIENDS… THE SIGHT UNSETTLES YOU, BUT YOU DECIDE IT’S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND PROBABLY JUST A PRANK.

THE NEXT DAY, HOWEVER, YOU FIND THOSE THINGS YOU HAVE FIGURINES OF… DISAPPEARING. FIRST, IT’S MINOR - THE PIZZA’S DISCONTINUED, YOUR FAVOURITE MILKSHAKE DOESN’T SELL ANYWHERE… BUT SLOWLY, YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES START DISAPPEARING AS WELL.

EVERYTHING THAT DISAPPEARS HAS A FIGURINE OF IT IN THE ROOM. JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU COULDN’T GET ANY MORE PANICKED, A FIGURINE OF YOU APPEARS. YOU TRYING TO SMASHING IT, BUT IT JUST FIXES ITSELF. THERE’S A NOTE ON THE SHELF: IF YOU WANT TO LIVE, SACRIFICE IS NECESSARY.

YOU START FEELING FAINT… YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING QUICK. BUT WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

WEAPONS ALLOWED. POWERS ALLOWED, EXCEPT FOR THE OBVIOUS RULE THAT YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING TO LET YOU INSTANTLY SURVIVE.

GOOD LUCK!

~ SHADOW :winterstars:

@TheTrueTerrydactyl @NotLikeYouThink @EmilyGJones

Character: Ekko

Ekko stared at the figures- first the ones that had been there all along, then at the figure of herself. It’d appeared out of nowhere, out of nothing, like there was some king of creative magic at play. It seemed the same magic was preventing its destruction as well. She took a deep breath, set her shoulders, and forced herself not to panic. She couldn’t allow herself to get distracted.

Her gaze flicked back down to the note.

If you want to live, sacrifice is necessary.

As if she hadn’t sacrificed enough already, just to keep herself alive. As if her hours, days, weeks even, watching the flames for answers hadn’t been sacrifice enough. As if the hideous scar marring her face hadn’t been-

She took another breath.

Her first thought, of course, was to destroy everything. Even if the sculpture of herself wouldn’t break, that said nothing of the durability of every other figurine. Even if it failed and destroying them made no difference, it was still a better idea than doing nothing. She grabbed one of the figures and dropped it onto the ground, then another, then another.

When all but her own were in pieces (though if they remained in pieces was yet to be seen), she grabbed her own figuring and shoved it into her rucksack. Perhaps the room itself was magic, rather than the toys it held. Perhaps removing the figure from the room would be all it took. It was always a possibility.

In any case, having the figure close to her seemed a lot better than leaving it alone amongst the broken shards.

That was so well written! Thank you for your response :blush: