Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)

writing
writing-prompt
games
game

Oh, okay. Then let’s just stick with what my previous post said.

I’ll be sleeping when the results are out.

Prompt officially closed.
how to survive

There are two ways.
kill the girl. she’s still a little girl who isn’t very powerful. As long as she’s dead, the curse she put on you will disappear.
the second way to survive is to become the girl’s actual friend. she’s just really lonely, so she wants to play with someone. Otherwise she’ll just dispose of you again and get a new doll.

Those who survived
@KarlaBader1998 - As long as you didn’t anger her in any way after she turned you back to normal, you should have been fine.

Those who died
@XX_TaeNotV_XX - The girl got mad when she saw the message. well, I guess she murdered you impulsively afterwards.

@EmilyGJones - i’m sorry, she killed you for being rude to her. you see, the girl really hates people who speak to her like that.

@633Trident - once again, you were murdered as well. I think you would have survived if you had offered to take the little girl to meet your sister though.

And the winner is…
@XX_TaeNotV_XX - I really liked the note you wrote for her with that marker you found! Even though you didn’t survive…

above all, everyone’s prompts were really good! it was fun to read all of them.

That being said, feel free to find me to clarify anything that you didn’t understand! It was my first time writing a prompt, so I’m pretty sure I left stuff out. Thanks for playing(?) my prompt!

The way to survive was really unexpected. Who would’ve thought we should’ve killed her or even befriend her?

But it was a good prompt though for your first time!

Yay!!!

That was very well done!

Remember, if you ever have more prompt ideas, feel free to pm me or one of the other hosts! We’re always glad to take suggestions

Any more prompts from people? Feels a bit dead at the moment.

Well im about to take my exams and have been busy studying

but when im done i should be able to get one up

Oh, good luck!!

Can I post one instead if yer busy?

yes, i’ll be busy with exams all week :scream:

Well, just hope this thread comes alive before Christmas. I would like for everyone to enjoy here, maybe then this thread won’t be too deserted anymore. Does it sound weird? Cuz, it kinda does

PROMPT CLOSES IN 36 HOURS

A GIRL COMES UP TO YOU ONE DAY AT YOUR DOOR. SHE HANDS YOU A PEN AND SPEAKS… “PLEASE TRUST ME. SHE IS IN DANGER. HELP HER… HELP CAERUL. PLEASE.”

YOU BRUSH IT OFF AS NOTHING, OR MAYBE A PRANK. BUT AN HOUR LATER YOU FIND YOUR CITY IN CHAOS, PEOPLE BEING CHOKED BY STRANGE PURPLE SHADOW-LIKE CREATURES.

ONE OF THEM COMES TO YOU, AND YOU FREEZE - JUST BEFORE IT CAN TOUCH YOU, A SHIELD BURSTS OUT OF THE PEN THE GIRL GAVE YOU. IT WRAPS AROUND YOUR HOUSE, BUT IT’S FLICKERING, AND SOONER OR LATER IT WILL BREAK AND LEAVE YOU DEFENSELESS AGAINST THE PURPLE CREATURES.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

WEAPONS ALLOWED. POWERS ALLOWED, BUT PLEASE NOTE YOU CANNOT DIRECTLY KILL THE PURPLE CREATURES.

Character used: Me (Karla)

I was just wondering around home-base, speaking to a teddy guard here and then when suddenly, the main sliding door opens and the sensor goes off to tell me someone is in the reception area. It’s a girl and she is holding a pen in her hand. She goes to me, “Please trust me. She is in danger. Help her… Help Caerul. Please”. Who on Earth is Caerul? What on Earth was the girl talking about? She gave me the pen but I didn’t necessarily know what to do with it. Once she left, I put the pen in my dress pocket and carried on with my own business.

Hours later, I hear a teddy screaming as he runs inside. “Eek! Aliens! Purple aliens! One of them’s got Flo!”. I followed after Toby and indeed I saw these purple alien things everywhere! They were small but in clumps, looking somewhat like grapes. Florence was enclosed in a giant grape, only her head exposed, but this was enough to constrict her breathing and choke the life out of her. More and more purple creatures were sticking themselves onto various teddies and choking them.

Something was flashing in my pocket. I unzipped it and saw that it was the pen that I had received from the girl earlier. I said to myself, “Oh crap, so she was actually telling the truth…”. The pen flashed and created a shield around the fortress but it was very weak, it would wear out soon and so I had to think of something and fast. I remembered, my elemental abilities. I would create my own shield of Earth that would only go off on my command. Therefore, it would stay on for as long as I was alive. Earth, the element of movement, it would repel the motion of the purple creatures. Only thing is, no teddy could leave the fortress or they too would be blocked out by the shield. Once I had activated the green shield, the pen switched off completely and the purple creatures were coming for the building… Question is, was the Earth shield enough?

Character in Use: Ashton Cereese

I was in my room, playing a videogame. My parent’s aren’t even home because they had some business out of town for half a month. I sighed heavily as I heard the door bell rung furiously. Who in the world is trying to disturb my peace here? Hesitating either I should answer or leave it be. After almost five minutes of continuous ringing, I gave up and went down to open the damn door. Unexpectedly, a random girl was standing at my door. She handed me a pen and slowly said with worry. “Please trust me. She is in danger. Help her… Help Caerul. Please.” With that, she immediately ran away from my door.

That was rather…strange? Closing the door before entering, I placed the pen on the coffee table. “This is just a regular pen. Why did she give it to me? Is this some kind of prank trend now?” Shrugging the matter off, I turned on the TV. Time to indulge myself at some shows. An hour later, I was almost dozing off. This is getting boring. “Time to head out to the skatepark.” Was what I said before exiting. Grabbing my skateboard, I head towards the door only to find myself faced with total chaos. Purple shadow creatures were attacking everyone. How can I not say this? It’s somewhat really cool and scary at the same time.

It’s not hallucination right? Before I could react, one of the purple shadows tried to attack me. I closed my eyes, bracing for the sudden impact but nothing came. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw a yellow-ish like light protecting my house as a shield. How i’m so glad I hadn’t stepped out of the house. Running back into the living room, I saw the pen the girl gave me was glowing as well, giving out the exact same light. “Ashton, this may seem crazy but I think you are dead and is soon about to save the world like in the movies you just saw a few months ago.”

Running to my father’s office, I grabbed a piece of paper and ran back to the living room. Sat down, grabbed the pen and thought of what to write. “If a magic pen can shield my house, then this magic pen should be able to change things back if I changed the story.” After a few moments of thinking and writing, I placed the pen down and looked satisfied at my work. Reading the story, I wrote exactly everything that happened today and wrote a few battle scenes which was unnecessary but worth it and a cliched ending.

_………After the battle, the mysterious girl that asked Ashton for help had appeared once more. Facing the purple shadow that had now taken on the form of a female girl, she called out to it.

“Caerul…”

I just hope it changes everything…

Character Used: Dahlia Craft

The sun, glaring angrily down through the living room windows on a summer’s afternoon, creeps slowly towards my legs as I flick through channels on the T.V. Saturdays are always so boring when Helia isn’t around. I sigh and pick up my bowl of ramen. Swirling my fork in the noodles, I wind them up and take a bite. Aunt Morgan wouldn’t be home for another few hours. She and Mrs. Dubree went out shopping for the party tomorrow.

I take another bite off my fork and slurp up a noodle when I hear pounding on my door. It echoes through the house, heavy and ominous, like a gavel. I push myself up off the couch and peek around the curtains.
Outside, a girl about my age stands on the porch. Her skin is caked with dirt, and scratches cover her arms and legs. She keeps looking behind her towards the road.

“Hello?” I say as crack the door open.

She reaches out, her hand shaking, and hands me a pen. I take it.

“Uh, thank you?” I crack the door wider. I can now clearly see how bruised and battered she is. Her hair is dusted with soot and is matted underneath.

“Please trust me. She is in danger. Help her…Help Caerul. Please,” she whispers, her voice rough like she had been screaming.

“What? Who’s Caerul?”

She begins to back away, looking behind her yet again. Her breathing becomes ragged and she places her hand to her throat.

“Are you okay?” I feel my eyebrows knit together as I watch her.

Without looking at me again she begins to run towards the road, all the while gasping for air. I shout after her but her pace is that of a scared rabbit.

An hour later, I’m back on the couch, rolling the pen from hand to hand. Twirling it this way and that, wondering why that girl gave it to me. The silver metal is weighted and filigree is etched into it. Seems expensive. I get up and look out the window again, thinking about if the girl will come back. But something is off. The sun has set and thin, purple shadows lay delicately under cars, press into the crooks of house roofs, drip slowly out of gutters. That’s when I see them.

I watch them seep out from their hidden homes like snakes, but their shapes morph as the breeze blows through them. I step closer to the window.

“What the…”

The one of the things hears me. Whipping around, the purple shadow’s eyes flare with brilliant yellow at the sight of me. It begins rushing towards my house. It slips through my window in the blink of an eye and before I can react it reaches out one of its tendril fingers to touch me. Right as it’s about to graze my skin I feel the pen shiver and then quake in my hand before exploding into a golden shield that shoves the shadow out with such force that it breaks the window it came in through. Soon enough, though, all the shadows begin ramming into the shield that now surrounds my house, causing it to flicker and crack. Each attack sounds like a bomb and I feel them reverberate through my body.

“Iden!” I scream. I begin pushing my magic from my chest to the tips of my hands. I feel the fire under my skin ignite and begin to turn my skin black.

Iden, my demon who is connect to me through an ancient binding spell, appears beside me. Together we place our hands in front of us and raise them slowly.

“We call upon you demons from the pit. Aid us in our time of need,” Iden and I chant together. Our voices mixed is guttural and inhuman as we watch demons from the deep appear.

Password: Lovely

(Character submitted: Shyriken)

I open the door to find a little girl standing on my doorstep. Her eyes were glazed and her expression looked far-off, like she couldn’t focus properly on what she saw. She seemed…very out of it. She held out her hands, as if to give me something, then dropped a pen in my open palm.

“Please trust me. She is in danger. Help her….help Caerul. Please,” she said dreamily, staring at me blankly. I just nodded my head to play along. Clearly she wasn’t in her right mind, but I saw no harm in playing along. She was a cute little girl.

“Of course,” I said. She gave a sigh of relief then meandered down the road, like a burden had been taken off her shoulders. I closed the door, looking at the pen she gave me. It was actually a very nice pen. A beautiful royal blue fountain fountain embossed with gold. The tip was polished silver, the light catching and reflecting off of the beautiful metal.

My my, isn’t this quite the gift? Wouldn’t you agree?

Such a pretty pen! It’s probably worth a lot! I agree, it’s lovely!

I EAGERLY AWAIT THE DAY I AM REABSORBED INTO THE NOTHINGNESS.

I turned the pen over in my hand a couple times, wondering what I should do with it.

Why not take it to get appraised while you head out into town, Shyriken?

Oh! I hope it’s not worth too much! I would feel bad about taking such an expensive and valuable present from that sweet little girl!

I FEEL THE WEIGHT OF A THOUSAND CHAINS IMPRISONING ME IN YOUR MIND.

“Good idea,” I said to myself. I didn’t know their name, but they were always the first voice to speak out of my collective mind consiousness. I had to head into town for ingredients anyway- might as well see what this pen’s worth while I’m there.

“Well, well, if it isn’t Shyriken! Bring your friends with you?” Jerry said before giving a wheezing chuckle. I rolled my eyes at him. He liked his little jokes, he did, referring to the collective of minds in my body.

“Very funny, Jerry. I came here to get this appraised.” I said, setting the pen on the table. He grabbed it and looked it over, weighing it in his hands before putting it on a scale and using his jeweler’s eyeglass to get a closer look at it.

“Well,” he said after a solid five minutes of scrutinization, “it is my professional opinion that this is a nice pen.”

“Well duh. I figured out that much myself. Anything special about it?”

“From what I can tell, other than it’s design, no, not really. I might have to consult an expert of mine, if you dont mind giving me an hour or two.” I shook my head, putting the pen back in my pocket.

“Nah, I just swung by to go and see what it’s worth while I’m in town. I’m not too bothered to see what it’s worth- just curious is all.”

“$50.”

“Pardon me?”

“I’ll give you $50 for the pen. Take it or leave it.”

Tsk tsk, how rude. Didn’t he hear you say you were just curious?

$50?! Oh my! He probably thinks it might be worth way more, or else he wouldn’t try to buy it off you so quickly!

I HEAR THE SCREAMS OF A MILLION TORTURED SOULS.

I shook my head, both to say “no” and to clear my thoughts. The collective was helpful at times but when they spoke they scrambled my thinking and made me have to take a moment to recollect myself.

“I said I was just curious. It’s not for sale.”

“Fine,” he grunted. He grabbed a washcloth and started polishing the glass case behind him. I took that as my cue to leave. I opened the door and stepped out into the street, browsing the store. I left with a bag of apples and a bag of sugar.

A shadow flitted in my peripheral vision. I turned to the left, alert. Nothing I could see. I relaxed, letting out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding. Suddenly I heard someone scream. Then more people started screaming. Then those screams were starting to get cut off, replaced by a rolling, thundering roar.

Run!

Aaahh! Get out of there, quick!

MY SAVIOR HAS COME TO FREE ME FROM THIS PITIFUL EXISTENCE!

I dropped my bags and ran, my legs pumping as fast as they would go as I ran towards home. I had a bunker in the case of monster attacks, and now seemed like a perfect time to go and use it. I briefly looked back, just to see what it was.

It was a horde of purple shadowy creatures, running into the town and choking anyone they could get their hands on. I recognized them immediately.

Wisps?! Out here?! What the hell?!

Wisps?! Here?! Oh my gosh!

COME TO ME, WISPS. COME TO THE LAMB YOU HAVE COME TO SAVE.

I pushed myself even harder, trying to outrun the horde. If I could just make it home, I’d be safe. I rounded the corner, my house coming into sight. I was almost there. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a Wisp tackled me from my right, knocking me to the ground. I scrambled to get up and saw the wisp bounding towards me like a hungry animal. I grasped in my pockets for something, anything at all, when my hand closed around something.

Yes! I can still make it! I pulled it out and brandished it towards the Wisp…

…and realized I was holding the pen.

It jumped at me, claws open and teeth bared, when suddenly a bright blue energy burst from the pen and stopped the creature dead in it’s tracks like it had run into a wall. I looked at the pen in awe as the bubble grew larger around me until it was roughly the size of a garden shed. The Wisps gathered around me, crawling all over the bubble, trying to get in.

I saw the blue energy start to flicker. I had to do something, and fast. My mind was racing. Okay, okay. I got a magic pen from a little girl. It saved my life. She knew it would save me, she knew this was gonna happen. Damn it! What am I supposed to do?! Maybe she said something…?

I’m fairly certain she said you had to help someone, who was it…Cherry? Carrol?

It was Caerul! She said to save Caerul!

MY TIME HAS COME! I SHALL FINALLY BE FREED FROM THIS AWFUL-

Quiet, Nyleir. Your pessimism is not helping anything.

Skoch! Thank goodness you’re here!

Thank goodness indeed, Koki. Shyriken, do you still have the pen?

Y-yeah…

Good. We’d be dead if you didn’t. That thing appears to be charged with magical energy, and it’s gonna run out before too long. We have to survive until the daytime. Shadow Wisps fade back into humans that the curse was cast upon when the moon sets. Perhaps Caerul was cursed and she wanted us to see she wasn’t hurt or attacked by the survivors.

That…just might work!

Yes, Vera. Now then, Shyriken, if you will…

I took a deep breath and relaxed, feeling detached from my body as Skoch’s consiousness replaced mine. I took a backseat in my own body, watching and feeling but not in control. Skoch started casting magic, knocking them back and flinging them far away and stunning them. I’m not sure, but I think he was slowly adding his own magic energy to the pen to make the shield last longer. I just hoped it would be enough to last until dawn.

Prompt closes in 36 hrs? Results anyone?

@shadowsettle Is probably busy with Christmas stuff.

Ah right, yeah, that makes sense