Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)

writing
writing-prompt
games
game

Thanks. I’ve been quite busy, holidays and all. Anyway…

HOW TO SURVIVE

WRITE WITH THE PEN. ON PAPER. THE PEN IS MAGIC AND AS SOON AS IT TOUCHES PAPER, IT WILL DISPEL DARKNESS AND EVILNESS FROM THE WORLD, CASTING SAFETY OVER EARTH. IT’S QUITE SIMPLE. IT IS A PEN, AFTER ALL; IT’S USED TO WRITE.

THOSE WHO SURVIVED

@XX_TAENOTV_XX CLEVER! I LOVE THE FACT THAT ASHTON WROTE UNNECESSARY BATTLE SCENES, WHICH IS SO EXTRA. YOU SURVIVED! CONGRATULATIONS!

THOSE WHO DIDN’T

@PAPERHEART3 SORRY, BUT YOU DIDN’T SURVIVE! DAHLIA DIES, AND UNFORTUNATELY, SO DOES THE REST OF THE HUMAN RACE, AND PROBABLY EVERY LIVING THING… YOU GET IT.

@THETRUETERRYDACTYL SHYRIKEN’S ADVENTURE TO SELL THE PEN AND THE VOICES IN HER (HER?) HEAD WERE VERY ENTERTAINING INDEED, BUT IN THE END EVERYTHING DIED, TAKEN OVER BY THE WISPS. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

@KARLABADER1998 WHILE YOUR EARTH SHIELD IS IMPRESSIVE, IT WASN’T ENOUGH. YOU DIED! I DEFINITELY LIKED READING YOUR STORY THOUGH.

AND THE WINNER IS…

@PAPERHEART3 YOUR IDEA WAS REALLY CREATIVE AND FUN TO READ. WELCOME TO THE WYCS THREAD! PLEASE DON’T LEAVE.

HONORABLE MENTION

@XX_TAENOTV_XX YOU WERE SMART ENOUGH TO FIND A WAY TO NOT ONLY SURVIVE, BUT TO SAVE ALL LIVING THINGS ON EARTH. THE IDEA OF ASHTON WRITING WHAT HAPPENS IS REALLY FAIRY TALE-ESQUE, AND I LOVE THAT.

Aww, thanks even if i got an honourable mention.

and…

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!

Lets hope that WYCS will survive another year!!

Merry Christmas <3

Merry%20Christmas%20-%202018%20-%20WarioWare%20Style

Sup Nerds! When’s the next Prompt up? I understand it’s Christmas time, so pls don’t rush and have a good time. :V

I’m gonna see if I can start attending dis shit again. <3

I’m working on an essay right now but I’ll try to put a prompt up if I can think of one.

Good luck with your essay bro. <3

Thank you! I think I can put up a prompt soon.

I’ll be waiting! And watching Blue Exorcist!

PROMPT CLOSES WHENEVER I WANT IT TO

YOU’RE STUCK IN AN UNDERGROUND BASEMENT. THE CEILING AND WALLS OF STONE AND BRICK START SHAKING, AND PIECES OF IT EVEN START TO CRASH DOWN. INSIDE THE BASEMENT IS A GRANDFATHER CLOCK, A VERY LONG PIECE OF ROPE, A KNIFE, AND A SCREWDRIVER.

IF YOU DON’T DO SOMETHING, YOU’LL BE BURIED UNDER THE RUBBLE. WHAT WILL YOU DO TO SURVIVE?

WEAPONS ALLOWED. POWERS NOT ALLOWED. IMPORTANT NOTE: I’M REALLY SORRY FOR THE PROMPT BEING POSTED LATE, I’VE BEEN INCREDIBLY BUSY, HENCE THE CLOSING TIME FOR THE PROMPT AND ITS SHORT LENGTH. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Well, I guess I can understand. The school term for me is starting too. It’ll probably be awhile for me to answer to this prompt

Okay, I sat down in the early afternoon to do this prompt, got distracted by something, and then completely forgot about it.

I can’t do it now because I have to send my siblings to bed, will be too tired later to do it, and then completely forget about it.

Tomorrow, I’m going to try to do it before getting dragged out of the house by my parents to go to one place or another.

Two days later I’m going to try to do it, but the prompt may or may not be closed already! AARRGH

Hi! I was wondering if there was anything like stairs, windows, doors, lights? Any of it, because the floor plan could change everything.

Hello! It’s my first time, but I thought the game was cool, so I’d give it a shot. Wasn’t sure if there was a staircase to hide under that would’ve worked, but here’s the plan. (Password: Lovely)

The room shook, creating thunder-like claps as jagged spiderwebs spread across the gray cinder blocks that trapped her there. Pieces chipped and clattered to the concrete floor, splintering apart further as they made contact. Darkness crowded her from every side, only enough light for her to make out the hideous grandfather clock that clanged and pounded. She was sure it was mocking her, laughing at her immanent death rapidly closing in.

She pondered the thought of him trapping her in there moments earlier. Of course, he meant to protect her from himself and the monstrosities he was wreaking above ground. Ironic enough, it looked like he’d trapped her in the basement to die. Her and a piece of rope, a screwdriver that nearly broke off in the door lock, a knife she briefly considered impaling him in his pretty face with, and the abomination of an ancient clock that sat in the corner.

The ceiling rumbled and an explosion sounded overhead. An enormous black trail forged its way along the dimly lit roof and would soon give way. She spun in a circle, searching frantically for a way out. The door was locked in place, no visible windows to escape through, and the orange bulb that dangled with only a browned string to accompany it was running out of time before it would be crushed. Crushed like she would be soon.

She chewed her lip as tears began to form. This was really the end. Her fingers trembled and she clasped them together. The last reasonable thing she could think to do was sit in a corner and cry. And be alone. And long to be able to do something. Anything.

She slid down against the cold wall, into the dust-covered abyss that was her feelings. It was no use, because the tender lump in her throat and puffiness behind her tired eyes was too painful to resist in her final moments. No one was there to see her cry, anyway, so what did it matter anymore? She relished the cherished memories of their time together, highlighting the good times they had like any sane person about to die would do.

One specific memory was of hiding in a tree trunk. It was strange and reoccurring. It gave her an idea–not a very good one, considering it could be smashed to pieces. As dust and debris filled the air, she crawled to her feet, not stopping to wipe away the tears. Another memory played out in her mind as she picked up the screwdriver and made her way to the clock. The year she went to see a rodeo. Cowboys lassoed sheep and other livestock. The swinging motion propelled the string, but it needed power, real weight to go far.

Her mind cleared enough to let her actions take over. Her fingers ceased to tremble as much and she made quick work of the door. It swung open and she started maneuvering the inner workings to come apart. She finished gutting it just in time as the ceiling began to cave. However, there was something she had to do first. Snatching up the heavy-handled knife and coil of rope, she climbed into the belly of the clock and shut the door. She tied the string around the knife and it sat in her lap. She’d need something to toss upward and climb out with. Gym was a jerk to go through, but it was finally going to pay off–provided she made it. Worst case scenario, she was going to use the knife like a shovel.

Heyo. I’ve been a member here before for a long time. ;V ((PASSWORD ISH LOVELY))

It felt like the whole world was falling apart. Rubbles and cement pieces fell from above as cracks emerged from each corner. Carter tried everything that he could. He banged on the doors in hope that someone would hear him. There was no response from outside other than the earthquake that shook the room. He resorted to lock picking the door with the screwdriver and knife. He never knew how to lock pick, though. So he couldn’t wrap his head around how exactly to open the door.

Carter was never one to panic. Even when the dust of the fallen debris rose and the basement made breathing difficult, and the only source of light, a dangling lightbulb, crashed into the ground and flickered out. There was no time for panic. Instead, Carter felt his way back down the stairs using the railings as a guide and stopped at the bottom. The earth kept shaking so he kept to the walls, uncertain of what else to do.

All he had was some rope, a screwdriver he’d found in the basement, a knife and the grandfather clock at the other end of the room ringing and reminding him of the time that was running out. If only Carter had something that could bust down the door. The grandfather clock would’ve been too heavy to put to any good use. Unless there was an axe hidden in there, it was pointless to go to the other side of the room wasting time on the old object.

Carter looked down at his hands that held the screwdriver and knife. They were the only useful tools that he had in the dire situation. With a grunt, Carter hurried back up the stairs and began hacking away at the door with all his might with the two weapons. He had to focus on one spot. If he could at least destroy the door’s lock, he could bruteforce his way through.

If all else fails, the memories of school came back to him. A certain classroom lesson on safety during natural disasters; staying near walls, under furniture and away from debris. That was all he could do. If all else failed, he could hide near the walls, cover his neck and head and wait for the earthquake to settle down.

Character submitted: Lebrenkr Danger

My name is Lebrenkr Danger, and today I’m gonna teach you how to survive an earthquake given only a rope, a knife, a screwdriver, and 1975 Grandfather Clock. So, the first thing ya do is get the hell out of the basement and walk outside like a sensible person. After that, all ya gotta do is make sure you get into a wide open space and ya dont get hit by anything. Simple as that!

credits roll by as Lebrenkr walks away from the building

That has to be the best one yet.

Character: Karla and one of her dream guides; Dreamy WB

I dreamt I was trapped in a basement. First it was quiet and then there was a rumble, quite, rumble, quiet, rumble… The rumbling became more frequent. I noticed though that I was being held, I was in the arms of my dream guide and dream friend Dreamy WB. “What’s going on in here?”, I asked her. She answered me and pointed to what seemed like the roof, “Look, some of the small stones are falling when the room shakes”. I asked her, “Can you get us out of here?”. She slowly shook her head. “I certainly would, but the WYCS Host who put us in this mess said that there are to be no use of powers, so even if I saved you, we would still be punished even after escaping”. Karla accepted the situation, “Oh okay”.

“What’s around the room?” asked Dreamy WB. I answered her, “I see a grandfather clock, a rope, a knife and a screwdriver”. She nodded in return, “Let’s get the rope”. She got up off the floor and carried me towards the very long piece of rope. As we were walking, we heard a very loud crash. A huge piece of rubble had landed right behind us. “I’m actually scared”, I told her. She gave me a pat on the back and she continued to the rope. “We can’t waste anymore time in here”, she whispered to me, “I’m going to bend down, you pick up the rope and try hooking the lasso end on that screwdriver thing that seems to be stuck in next to the door”. I looked at her confused. “Once the rope is hooked, I’ll climb you up and we’ll get out of here”. I finally understood, “Ah, got it”.

So just as she said, Dreamy WB crouched down so I could reach for the rope. “Tie a lasoo in it”, she calmly smiled. “You smile and we’re on the brink of danger!?”. She then chuckled, “I would be much more serious if I knew you were going to die but I’m like this because I know you can do it”. The encouragement boost I needed, I got to tying that lasso straight away. “Now let’s go to that wall over there”, she said as she took me. Another piece of massive rubble crashed down behind us and now there was dust starting to fall from the ceiling too.

“Dreamy WB quick!”, I cried, “We’re about to be caved in!”. She took no hesitation in getting to climbing the rope, trying to use both her arms as she managed me in the crook of one of them. “We’re at the top now, what now?”, I asked her. She gave a wider smile than last time. “What do you think?”, she asked me while pointing to the door.

– THE END –

Question: Did I survive?

Character in use: Shan
Shan really didn’t know what to do. He was not, however, about to cry. Nope. This was not the first earthquake, although this was the first one in a basement. Shan tried to think. Lying down would obviously do no good. The clock would get crushed if he climbed inside it…or would it. Shan grabbed the screw driver and forced open the clock. Then he grabbed the knife and cut out the face of the clock and the swinging thing. Brick began to fall. Shan pushed the clock onto it’s side and climbed in. Would he die ? Probably, nothing could ever have prepared Shan for this situation. Shan was okay with dying, he would see his parents for the first time. Shan closed the door thing on the clock and closed his eyes. He was so tired, maybe he could fall alseep before he died. Then he began to think of Teyna, the princess who needed a friend. She would never have survived this.

@shadowsettlejust a friendly reminder