Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)

writing
writing-prompt
games
game

Just posting to keep this thread alive :slight_smile:

Ok, as a reserve host I’m just going to take the initiative and throw up a new prompt. @shadowsettle can close theirs and pick a winner whenever they are available. Standby while I throw together a prompt to tide over their absence.

PROMPT CLOSES IN YES HOURS:

YOU’VE BEEN SELECTED BY A TOP GOVERNMENT AGENCY FOR A SECRET OPERATION. THE AGENTS ARE ATTEMPTING TO TAKE OUT A HIGH LEVEL THREAT: A MAN KNOWN ONLY AS ‘ANCHOR.’ YOU SPEND DAYS GATHERING INTELLIGENCE AND LEARN THAT ANCHOR HAS CONSTRUCTED SOME SORT OF HIGH-EXPLOSIVE DEVICE.

THINGS TAKE A TURN FOR THE WORSE HOWEVER WHEN ANCHOR SUDDENLY BOARDS A PASSENGER PLANE BOUND FOR PARIS. THE AGENTS YOU WORK WITH ARE UNSURE IF HIS TARGET IS THE PLANE, OR SOMETHING ELSE IN PARIS.

AT THE AIRPORT, YOU SEE ANCHOR CARRYING ONLY A SILVER BRIEFCASE. THROUGH SOME BRIBERY AND SWEET TALK, YOU WATCH AS ANCHOR STROLLS THROUGH SECURITY WITHOUT GETTING CHECKED.

YOU ARE TOLD TO GET ON THE SAME FLIGHT AS ANCHOR AND TAKE HIM DOWN. UNFORTUNATELY, YOU ARE ALSO TOLD TO LEAVE ALL YOUR WEAPONS BEHIND, AS THERE’S NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR THE AGENTS TO CONTACT AIRPORT SECURITY AND GIVE YOU CLEARANCE.

HALFWAY THROUGH THE FLIGHT, ANCHOR GETS UP AND GOES TO THE RESTROOM. YOU NOTICE THE MAN NEXT TO HIM APPEARS TO BE ASLEEP, BUT MIGHT BE ARMED AS WELL. ANCHOR LEAVES THE SILVER BRIEFCASE UNDERNEATH HIS SEAT UNATTENDED.

YOUR HANDLER CONTACTS YOU AND SAYS THAT AGENTS ARE WAITING AT THE PARIS AIRPORT TO APPREHEND ANCHOR, BUT REMINDS YOU THAT IF ANCHOR HAS A BOMB ON THE PLANE, THINGS CAN SOUTH VERY QUICKLY. HE ADVISES YOU TO TAKE ANCHOR OUT WITHOUT DETONATING THE BOMB.

DO YOU GO FOR THE BRIEFCASE, OR GO FOR ANCHOR?

THE ONLY WEAPONS YOU CAN USE ARE THINGS YOU WOULD FIND ON AN AIRPLANE.

POWERS THAT CAN BE USED REASONABLY IN A CONFINED SPACE LIKE AN AIRPLANE ALLOWED.

That was beautiful. 10/10, I’m cackling and crying at the same time.

bows

but if you dont mind, could you close your prompt and post the results please?

I wish I could, but I’m stumped with homework. I’ll try to get it done by tonight though (I’ve been on a cruise, which is why I’ve been dead for a week).

@shadowsettle friendly reminder :3

But, we have been inactive for a while. Remember everyone, there is another prompt up put up by @ACertainCrimsonFox !

Oh my god, I’m an idiot :woman_facepalming: By tonight, I promise.

I RETURN!

I WISH TO DO THE CURRENT PROMPT!

THEN DO IT

I WILL!

Boa Slick winced. The light in his face was blinding.

“Ya couldn’t getta dimmer lamp?”

The man sitting in front of him didn’t respond. He was too fixed on the manila envelopes he shuffled around in his hands.

“Do you realize…” he licked his finger and flicked through the files, “The gravity of our situation?”

Boa Slick smiled at the man.

“We wouldn’t have contacted a man of your… resources if we weren’t at the end of our rope.”

Boa fluttered his eyelashes.

“Cairo. 100; dead. Tehran. 30 dead. Mumbai. 170. Abu Dhabi. 160.”

“It appears that this is quite the capable target we have on our hands.” said Boa Slick, “Quite capable indeed.”

"We don’t even have a name on him, all we have is an alias: Anchor. "

“And you want me to pin 'em down for ya?” Boa responded with a smirk, “Ufufufufu. You hoity toity secret agents with your fancy flashing light machines, and you can’t even nail this one guy?”

“The UEO doesn’t usually deal with transcontinental terrorists of Anchor’s ilk. We are more focused on the suppression of supernatural cases. But the way Anchor has been able to move in and out without even the smallest trace of detection…”

“He’s gotta be a ghost.” Boa shook his head, “Ufufufufu. You ridiculous fools. Your organization is a joke.” Boa bobbed his head back and forth, “BUT FEAR NOT!” suddenly, he sprang out of his chair, “For you’ve come to the right person. I, the mighty Boa Slick, bester of bounties, slayer of women, the world renowned rascal, the only person who can take the title of both the most talented, and the most obnoxious man in the world, will gladly accept this bounty! This elusive target of yours will find himself cowering in fear as soon as I’m done with 'im. For you see, you are before the man that has no fear, no weaknesses, the impervious, the unperturbed, the greatest in the whole DAMNED galaxy! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

The man opposite Boa Slick stared with an apathetic scowl.

“Well then if you are accept then you can expect an advance of $35,000. Even if you don’t catch the perp, there will be no penalty on the advanced. Feel free to use whatever resources or tools that you have at your disposal.”

“Way to take the wind out of someone’s sail.” Boa Slick sighed, “Alright then. A pleasure doing business with ya, I’ll have your “Anchor” wrapped up in a cute red little bow, come Sunday morning.”

Boa glugged down a stiff drink, downing the liquor in one shot. He stared deeply into the browns of the drink as another shot was poured for him.

“The Anchor, huh?” Boa rubbed his chin. “Say, Chet?”

“Mmm?” The man behind the counter lifted his chin in acknowledgment of Boa.

“D’ya ever think… Well, d o ya have any regrets? Anything you’d wanted to do in life that you never got the chance to?”

Chet lifted his head down, “Nothing that comes to mind immediately. Though, as far as I know I’m not going to die tomorrow, so that may be the lack of perspective talking.”

“E-eheheh, right.” Boa downed the other drink.

“Any particular reason for that one?” Chet asked?

“Eheh, just bar talk.”

The following afternoon was bright, hardly a cloud in the sky. A perfect day to eat out. A person would find such a wonderful meal at a fancy restraraunt on days like these.

“What do you want?” the red head buried her face in her menu. Boa looked up into the clear blues in the sky and smiled.

“After this I don’t know if I’d ever get the chance to see you again.”

“Going on a trip?” Weit asked.

“Well… Yes.”

“Welp bon voiachi! Have fun! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Etcetera. Etcetera.”

Boa bit the bottom of his lip, “The other day, a secret organization told me. There was a bad guy that needed to be stopped, and I was the only one that could do the job.” Boa winced, balling his hand into a fist, “I may not make it back alive…”

“Welp, I wish I could say it was nice knowing you, but-…”

Boa Slick chuckled, “You and I both know… That…” Boa clutched his shirt, “That you’re madly in love with me!”

“What, you’re flight leaves in 30 minutes? Well, you’d better hurry.”

“T-That’s not what I said-”

“That’s what I wanted to hear.”

“Mildrew.” Boa grabbed the red head by the hands.

“We are not on a first name basis, Rodriguez.”

Boa swallowed a lump in his throat and released his grasp of the red head. “W-Weit… Officer Weit… Must we play these games? You want me, and I want you, and if I were to leave this mortal coil without ever getting to know the sweet taste of-”

“My date is in the bathroom. He should be back any time now.”

“Uhhhm, lose the zero get with the hero?”

“You are embarassing me. Please leave.”

“Well I’ve gotta go catch a flight now ttyl!” Boa Slick blew Weit a kiss and walked over to the airport, the next building over. Weit sighed.

“Never going on a date next to an airport ever again.”

“Well, mission start.” Boa entered the airport. He soon spotted a suspicious looking man carrying a silver briefcase.

“LOOK OVER THERE! IT’S THE PEPSI MAN!” the guy with the breifcase screamed.

“What!? Pepsi Man? Where!?” All of TSA looked in the other direction as the breifcase snuck past them.

“Well, that must be the guy.” Boa went over to the service counter. “The name’s Boa Slick. I need to get onto the next flight to Paris, stat.”

“Alrighty, that’ll be seventeen hundred dollars.”

Boa spluttered.

“I-I don’t think you heard me. I’m THE Boa Slick. I’m the guy that was hired by the secret agents to stop the terrorist from detonating a bomb.”

“Oh, right, right. THE Boa Slick. Let me just look it up in here and, yep, still seventeen hundred dollars. Fork it over.”

Boa’s money was forked.

“Use whatever resources at your disposal.” Boa mimed, “I knew that advance was too good to be true.”

“Sir, please empty all pockets and step through this metal detector.”

“LOOK OVER THERE! IT’S BIGFOOT!” Boa screamed.

“Nice try we’re not falling for that one again!” said TSA, “FRISK 'EM!”

“What is this!?” screamed one of the TSA officers.

“That’s my mouth wash.”

“You sick freak.”

“You think you’re bringing that onto a plane?”

“Sir, we’re going to need you to step aside.”

“Rest assured, this man will be searched extensively.” The guard donned a white glove.

TSA brought Boa to another room, and after a dilligent searching, he was allowed to continue to the metal detectors.

He stared at his phone.

“Sir, please put all items onto the conveyor belt.”

Boa paused.

“I need to make a call.”

He stepped to the side. The phone rang, but Boa was met with nothing but dialtone.

“Hello. You have reached the offices of Diana Dummane. I’m sorry, but I can’t come to the phone at this moment. I am either with a patient, in my lab, or passed out drunk. More than likely a combination of the three. If this is a patient, please call back again and I’ll catch ya next time. If this is a one night stand, then why are you even bothering with the call? Literally just come right over. You don’t even have to knock. And if you’re wishing to donate a body part, just knock three times and lay on the operating table… Actually that reminds me if this is a one night stand, you might want to wear a red shirt. Don’t want to make that mistake again. Anyways, ttyl mwah.”

The message ended. Boa parted his lips.

“I-”

However the words got stuck in his throat. After a long pause, Boa hung up the phone.

“This was stupid.”

The plane took off.

Boa sat three rows down the man with the breifcase. His handler had informed him that police in Paris were waiting for him at the other airport. However they didn’t know if Anchor’s target was in Paris, or if it was the plane itself. If he had the bomb on him then things could be very dangerous. About halfway through the flight Anchor left his seat to go to the bathroom. Boa knew that this was the chance to strike.

But to go after the perp or the bomb? Which one?

Anchor could have had a detonator on him. He could either be planning to release the payload while he was squirreled away in the bathroom, in which case it was pertinent that he be stopped now. But if Anchor was confronted he could flip the switch early. But tampering with the bomb could also cause it to go off prematurely.

What to do?

A blonde woman with conspicuous pink eyes sat next to Boa.

“Watcha doin’?”

“Oh, just tryin’ to stop a transcontinental terror-”

Boa had to suppress a scream. He knew this blonde haired woman.

“P-P-P-Puzzlewuff??” Boa fell back in his chair, " What are you doing here?"

“I saw ya comin’ on this flight and I thought you were up to somethin’ fun, huh?” Puzzlewuff smiled, “So you were tryin’ to stop a transcontinental whatwhat?”

Boa felt a pit sink into his stomach. Why did it have to be her at a time like this?

“I’m not doing anything! Why do you have to follow me around everywhere, huh?”

Puzzlewuff scowled, “You’re trying to stop hijackers, aren’t you?”

Boa Slick spluttered.

“So that IS it, isn’t it? Wahaha, you have no poker face.”

“You need to get off of this plane Flufflebutt!”

“No way that sounds like so much fun! I want to help! We can be…” suddenly, Puzzlewuff transformed…

“Air Marshals!”

Puzzlewuff’s yellow hair was covered with a navy blue cap. She wore tough looking sunglasses and a uniform that looked like it meant business.

“Those terrorist will regret the day that they were born when air marshall Puzzlewuff hits the scene!”

Boa Slick sighed, “Fine. You can help. You go after the briefcase and I’ll get the Anchor.”

“Roger that. Air marshall Puzzlewuff is on the case.” Puzzlewuff bounced over to the briefcase. There was a guy asleep sitting next to it.

“Hey. You. Give me that.” She punched the guy in the face and took the breifcase.

“Yay, I got the bomb!” Puzzlewuff shook the breifcase around, “But is there really a bomb in here? Let me just check to make sure…” She ripped open the briefcase and the bomb fell out. It slid across the floor.

“Whoopsies I got it.” Puzzlewuff kicked the bomb trying to pick it up. “Whoops.”

The bomb exploded. The plane crashed into the sea and everyone on board died.

“Bobby, what are you thinking about?”

Boa Slicked looked up. “Oh. It was nothing. Sorry sorry. Ok, you go after the Anchor, and I’ll get the bomb.”

“Roger that.”

Puzzlewuff’s feet lifted off the floor of the plane and she flew over to the restroom. Using her intangibility powers, she entered inside of the restroom, where Anchor waited inside.

“Wha- who are you!?” Anchor cried.

“My name is Air Marshall Puzzlewuff, and I already know that you’re here to try and kill everyone. You’re a bad man!”

“Hehehehe, that’s right. My mama didn’t raise me right and now I’m going to kill all of you! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“You-… You don’t understand the first thing about a girl’s true feelings! TAKE THIS FEELINGS RAY!”

Puzzlewuff blasted the Anchor with a powerful beam. She also destroyed the back half of the plane with her Feelings Ray, causing the plane to crash to the bottom of the sea killing everyone.

Boa Slick shook his head. Puzzlewuff just can’t be trusted as an ally for this.

“So, what’s my first mission as Air Marshall Puzzlewuff, huh?”

“You’re first mission. Hmmm.” Boa Slick rocked his head side to side, “On the wing of the plane there’s a… A gremlin. The gremlin is one of the bad guy’s accomplices.”

“I’LL BLAST 'IM!”

“No don’t!” Boa Slick grabbed Puzzlewuff before she could do anything crazy, “I just need you to watch out and see if he shows up. And if he DOES show up, I need you to-”

“Shoot to kill?”

“-Notify me and I’ll act accordingly. So, just sit here, don’t cause any trouble, and watch for gremlins.”

“Roger that.” Puzzlewuff turned to the window. She gasped, “I think I see- wait… No. Just a cloud.”

As for me, I’ll incapacitate Anchor.

Boa Slick got up.

“Hey! You.”

Suddenly, a man with a navy blue hat, sunglasses, and a uniform that looked like it meant business showed.

“What are you gettin’ up for, huh? I’m the Air Marshall around here! Whatever I say goes, and I say that I don’t like your face!”

Boa Slick sat back down. He rolled his shoulders, cracked his neck. Then he glared at the Air Marshall.

“Puzzlewuff, I need you to distract this man.”

“Wha-. But you told me to look for gremlins?”

“You are the gremlin! Now go distract the Air Marshall.”

“Roger that!”

Using her shapeshifting powers, Puzzlewuff transformed into a stewardess.

“Coke or Pepsi?”

“Do you have any Sprite”

“Of course!”

Puzzlewuff poured the man his drink and the Air Marshall slumped down into a chair.

“You look like you got a lot on your mind today. Care to talk?”

“Oh, nothin’ you want to hear about.” The Marshall flashed a worn smile.

“Oh but I’d love to hear what you have to say. I’m a great listener, and getting heavy stuff off of your chest can be really relieving.”

“Well… It was a summer day, not too inlike this one, back when my wife left me. I had just come back from Reno. I’d won almost two hundred on the slots and I’d thought I came back lucky. I didn’t think too much about it when I saw that unfamiliar Red Poursche in the driveway.”

“Care for a blanket?”

“Why, that would be nice…”

As the Air Marshall was waxing poetic, Boa was able to swipe his weapons, a bottle of pepper spray, a baton, and a flash light. It wasn’t much, but it would serve decently.

Boa knew he would have to incapacitate Anchor stealthily. He was hoping to get him with a quiet sneak attack. Boa turned towards the restroom…

THE FATEFUL RETURN OF BOA SLICK

GODDAMN FINALLY.

PROMPT CLOSED. HOW TO SURVIVE

DESTROY THE CLOCK. IT’LL FREEZE EVERYTHING AND GIVE YOU AN ETERNITY TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO! GRANTED THAT YOU ONLY HAVE ROPE, A KNIFE, AND A SCREWDRIVER, YOU’LL PROBABLY DIE ANYWAY, BUT AT LEAST THAT’S FIFTY YEARS LATER!

THOSE WHO SURVIVED

@633Trident Surprisingly. Since you technically broke the clock, Shan survived. It was good idea to use it as a cover.

THOSE WHO DIDN’T

@gracelynpine I love the gym line at the end. Big mood. I love your style of writing, combining storytelling and minor humour, and it was real fun to read.

@Absent_Muse Sadly, no. The door won’t budge and he’ll die. Nice determination though, I’ve got to give him that.

@KarlaBader1998 I’m a bit confused on the mechanics of yours, but it was still a nice story. I like the idea of a dream guide.

@TheTrueTerrydactyl Only you, Terry (can I call you that?), only you. Yours was a hilarious read and I actually had a moment to bang my head on my table.

AND THE WINNER IS…

@TheTrueTerrydactyl Need I say anything? Yours was funny and brief and painfully obvious, even if you didn’t survive. I loved reading yours.

HONORABLE MENTION

@633Trident The mysterious line at the end was really interesting and I love your idea on how to survive, even if you didn’t technically use it for… what you were meant to use it for. Great job!

Lets just say i was late to the prompt but good job guys!

I intend on replying to the prompt today! Unfortunately, I’m busy, so it may be a while. How lovely.

bumpity bump bump

Im sorry Fox, you made a good prompt, i just dont have the motivation at the moment.

It’s fine, just reminding everyone one’s out there. I probably can’t close it for a while anyways.