Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)

writing
writing-prompt
games
game

Yeah, definitely. Going to write a reply? Also, welcome back!

Yeah… I kinda get you guys… Exams are well yeah. I probably won’t be able to reply to the next prompt (If the current one closes that is) due to Exams…

Character: Supreme Commander Vega

Vega awoke, the smell of urine assaulting his nose. His display was glitched, clearly damaged. He sat up, shaking away the light headedness, slowly observing his surroundings. He was trapped in a prison cell, much like the ones back in the old cities on Earth. There were no windows, and the place was covered in a thick layer of grime. He stood, observing that his armour was mostly intact, save the glitch in his helmet’s display. He removed it, the full force of the stench filling his nostrils. He scrunched up his face in disgust. He looked down at the bed he was laying on. A simple wooden cot, covered with a dirty sheet. Sitting on top was a rusted butter knife. He picked it up, examining it. It was definitely not from Aurus. It was far too old. Now days, people were using those toasting knives, or just had everything cut to size before they even sat down. He pocketed the knife. It could be an interesting point of research back at the Citadel.

He walked over to the bars, hoping to get a better idea of where he was. Could he be in a Legend camp? If it was, it was like none other he had seen. In over three hundred years, this was the first in this bad of condition. As much as he hated them, he had to admit that the Legends were decently civilized.

His thoughts were interrupted by a shuffle behind him. He whipped around, reaching for his sword. To his dismay, it was missing. They must have taken it before they locked him up. In front of him were two girls. One wearing a flower crown, clearly long dead, and the other wearing a plain brown dress, with matted and tangled hair. They looked like they had hopped out of a story book that Vega had read as a child.

The girl with the flower crown spoke. “We can help you. We can set you free. We just need one favour.” She paused, observing him. “Give me that butter knife.”

Vega raised an eyebrow. This girl was asking for the only weapon in the room? Curious. Could she be planning to stab him with it? It was rather dull, but it could still do a fair amount of damage. He considered her for a moment. She appeared to be a decently fragile girl, but he had learned never to trust his eyes. Something about her told him that he was safe though. Even if she was hostile, he was the Supreme Commander of the most powerful force in the universe. He was sure he could take them both if he had too. He reached into his pocket and removed the knife, holding it out to the girl. “Take it.” He said, his deep voice echoing in the cell. “Take it and get me out of here, if you’d please.”

SCREW IT I HAVE TIME time for you guys to meet one of the Babies I created while I’ve been gone they are all my kids and I love them.
Anyways apparently this is a medieval au? neat. also Cadence, Souma, and Yuzuno are property of @TwizzieLord derp

Imprisoned for criticizing the king. Tom–no, Raven, as he insisted on being called–could think of worse reasons to be in jail.

It wasn’t his fault his poem happened to offend the king so much. It was the king’s fault for doing so many stupid things that were worthy of poetic critique, obviously. Raven was the victim in this scenario and that was just a fact.

Although being left with nothing but a butter knife and the walls of his cell was quite annoying. How was he supposed to craft his next masterpiece with nothing but a dull knife and a bunch of rocks? It was dumb. Everything is dumb. People are stupid, most of all his parents, who continually insisted that his love for bleak and Gothic themes was just a “phase”. A “phase” wouldn’t get him locked in prison, now would it? (It would. The answer is it would, but he was insistent.)

He was beginning to get used to his life of solitude (though he did miss Yuzuno quite a bit, and it was lonely without Noboru around, and who was making sure Cadence didn’t murder Souma while he was locked up in here?) when a pair of girls arrived on the scene. One caught his eye immediately–she looked like she had walked straight out of a storybook, topped with a wilted flower crown and clothed in a dirty, silk dress. The other appeared to be a simple village girl–perhaps a weaver of some sort?

Raven scrambled to his feet and thrust his pathetic butter knife at them to try and appear intimidating and cool. It clearly was not working, but at least the Storybook Girl seemed vaguely amused.

“We can help you,” Storybook Girl said softly. “We can set you free.”

Free? Well, that did sound appealing…while Raven was trapped in jail, who was writing incensing poems about the king? No one. It was a crying shame.

“We just need one favor,” Storybook Girl continued, holding out her hand. She eyed the knife clutched in Raven’s eerily pale hand. “Give me that butter knife.”

Raven hesitated slightly, glancing between the knife and the girl. “…Why?” he asked curiously. “You can pick the lock with it or something?”

Storybook Girl cocked her head. “Well, something like that, I suppose. You’ll have to trust us.”

Raven stared at her, trying to cycle through the best option. Noboru worked with the palace guard–what were the odds he was going to try to find a way to bust Raven out himself soon? And what of Sayoko? She certainly wouldn’t forget about Raven, wasting away in there for the past three days. Souma was certainly very knowledgeable on how to avoid the law and Cadence probably had some plan already in the works. And Yuzuno?

Well…if she hadn’t grown to hate him yet, it was a guarantee she was gathering her myriad cousins and second cousins and siblings and whoever to come plead Raven’s case. Besides, he was just in here for criticizing the government in verse–how much longer could his sentence possibly last?

The bottom line was, he didn’t know these girls. As much as escape was favorable, Raven didn’t much mind being cooped up in here in the end. He was gathering plenty of material for a new poem, after all. Most importantly, he believed in his friends–after everything they’d been through, they wouldn’t just leave him here forever. He relied far more on them than these two strangers.

So in the end, he withdrew his hand and tucked the knife in the waistband of his pants. “Sorry,” he muttered. “I think I’d rather take my chances. See if there’s some other lonely weirdo who needs your help.”

The girls exchanged a look.

“It’s just a little favor,” Storybook Girl insisted.

“Not interested.” Waving halfheartedly, Raven sat down on the floor of the cell and faced the opposite wall as if to indicate his disinterest.

The others would come. Sooner or later, the others would come.

KIMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

TERRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wooh! Finally, another one. Do you think I should close the prompt? :confused:

Well depends on you, since probably most of us are busy…

Oh hey Kimmy, it’s been so long since ur last post…

I’m sure everyone her is freakin busy with school/work…… I’m practically beat…

^^;

Pretty much what @Ty_TaE_Ren said–a lot of us are currently getting our butts kicked by school and work and etc. (I’m on Spring Break until Monday but then I’l be there too lol), so depends on what you think and how free you are!

IT HAS I haven’t done things in forever because college is Hard and takes a lot of Time rip

Haha, I pretty much understand

The prompt hasn’t been closed in a looooong time… Could we probably put the answers on hold and start a new one?

Oh, sure. Tag the hosts, then. I’d close it but I’m on vacay - in like 2 days, I swear :pray:t3:

Oh…then it’s fine. I was just curious. I was really busy too these days with exams and school :sleepy:

I am enacting my authority as host and placing the current prompt on hold. @shadowsettle can close this whenever.

Until we are able to get a consistent schedule I don’t think we’re going to be able to do EOW since I don’t have a list of winners and we’ve had lapses of days in between prompts.

Also we still have two host spots open if I remember correctly. Standby for the next prompt.

PROMPT CLOSES IN 48 HOURS

YOU FIND YOURSELF IN SOME SORT OF LAB. YOU’VE BEEN TAKEN TO PARTICIPATE IN SOME SORT OF EXPERIMENT, BUT YOU CAN’T REMEMBER THE DETAILS. WHAT YOU DO REMEMBER IS THE GUARDS TAKING YOUR WEAPONS AND LEADING YOU TO A CHAMBER.

A MAN IN A LAB COAT ASKS YOU A FEW QUESTIONS, WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN AN ALARM GOES OFF. “ATTENTION ALL STAFF. CRITICAL CONTAINMENT BREACH IN D-WING.”

THE SCIENTIST PALES AND TELLS YOU TO STAY WHERE YOU ARE. OUTSIDE, YOU HERE A LOT OF MOVEMENT, AND SEE SOME GUARDS RUN PAST. A FEW MINUETS LATER, A VOICE COMES ON THE INTERCOM AGAIN. “DR. CROMWELL AND DR. SMITH REPORT TO COMMAND. CONTAINMENT B REACH IN C-WING.”

A GUARD COMES TO THE ROOM AND TELLS YOU TO STAY WHERE YOU ARE UNTIL SOMEBODY COMES TO GET YOU. AFTER HE LEAVES, THE INTERCOM ACTIVATES AGAIN. “ALL STAFF, REPORT TO EVACUATION ZONES. TOTAL CONTAINMENT FAILURE. EXTERMINATION TEAMS ARE ON SITE. TESTEES ARE INSTRUCTED TO REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE.”

YOU HEAR SCREAMS IN THE HALLWAY. YOU RUN OUT OF THE ROOM AND SEE THE BODY OF A SCIENTIST AND A GUARD FROM EARLIER. YOU NOTICE BOTH ARE WEARING GAS MASKS.

DO YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND WAIT FOR AN EXTERMINATION TEAM TO FIND YOU? OR DO YOU TRY AND ESCAPE?

THE SCIENTISTS HAVE DRUGGED YOU, NEUTRALIZING YOUR POWERS.

THE GUARDS HAVE CONFISCATED YOUR WEAPONS. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO USE THE SCIENTIST’S ACCESS CARD OR GAS MASK OR THE GUARD’S PISTOL, SMG, AND GAS MASK IF YOU CHOOSE TO. THE GAS MASKS ARE ALSO EQUIPPED WITH THE PROPER FILTERS.

(Is this what I think this is? I think this is what I think it is. I’ll be using Littlefyre.)

Getting kidnapped every five seconds is starting to get annoying. Sure, this time she may have agreed to it, but that does not count! How was she to know that the stupid pink-space-lizard-thingy was going to knock her out? This human seems to think she had agreed to coming here, too- stupid telepaths. And she had thought she was invulnerable to mind control!

Half-considering simply shifting to a tarrasque or some other dangerous thingamabobber and trashing the place, Littlefyre continues ignoring the person talking at her- until she hears the word ‘cookies’. She likes cookies. Especially chocolate chip cookiieee-- the line of thought trails off as Littlefyre notices a plate of cookies resting near the human’s elbow. Had they been here the whole time?

“Are you listening now?” The human’s voice is irritated in the way that always makes Littlefyre want to continue annoying the person, but… cookies.

Maybe she can be annoying and still get cookies? Littlefyre doubts that, but saying ‘yes’ is not as entertaining as, say, staring at the wall and saying ‘Maybe.’ But then she may not get a cookie. So she just says “Yes,” gaze flicking alternatively between the cookies and the human’s face.

Apparently noticing this, the human pushes the plate towards Littlefyre. “Eat as many as you want.”

The shapeshifter promptly drags the plate out of the human’s reach and starts munching on the cookies, completely tuning out every word he says while staring off into space in his general direction. She likes cookies- these ones taste a little weird though. But cookies.

Jumping a little as an alarm begins shrilling in her ear, Littlefyre drops the cookie, and scowls. Brilliant. While she normally would just pick the cookie up and eat it again, she also does not want to bother leaning over. There are more cook- oh. An announcement. Head tilting a few degrees to the side, Littlefyre listens in, experiencing a brief- but successful- struggle to not break out into a wide grin. That sounds like chaos- and she loves chaos. Always fun to watch.

Barely even noticing as the scientist leaves the room, Littlefyre taps her fingers against the table, considering what to do. She vaguely remembers the Aelyn- that pink lizard- railing on about being assigned to free a trapped planeswalker, again, so maybe she should go help this ‘CONTAINMENT BREACH’? But not as a human, humans are boring and weak. She does not even have claws right now.

After taking a moment to pick a form- something along the lines of a giant gecko seems nice right now- Littlefyre attempts a shift. Nothing happens- maybe she did something wrong somehow? So she tries again, with the same results. Brilliant. Scowling, Littlefyre kicks at the bit of cookie left one the floor. She managed to-

Wait.

Mentally kicking herself, Littlefyre prods at the single cookie left on the tray as she slumps back in her seat. That was brilliant. This is not the first time she has inadvertently poisoned herself, either- she should really know better by know.

After sulking for a few minutes- and maybe eating the last cookie- Littlefyre releases a small smirk at the next announcement. She knows that C is before D in the alphabet, and that probably means that stronger things are initiating a ‘CONTAINMENT BREACH’. And that means more chaos! It is unfortunate that she has no idea where this is; watching would be likely to provide a high amount of entertainment.

Sitting straight as someone enters the room, Littlefyre almost disregards the human- but this one is holding a gun. Generally, unless one is bulletproof, it is intelligent to pay attention to the people with the guns.

“Er-” The quard casts a quick glance around the room. “Stay here and don’t panic.” Then, before Littlefyre has a chance to respond, the person is gone. Alright then, but does she look like she is panicking?

Scowling at her defenseless, non-clawed hands, Littlefyre flinches as the intercoms click on again, loudly declaring ‘TOTAL CONTAINMENT FAILURE’. Seriously? Littlefyre thinks that people will be able to hear just as well if the shouting person just talks regularly. There is not even even- ooh! A scream!

Gleefully, Littlefyre rushes to the door, flinging it open- then frowns as she finds that she missed whatever had happened. There are two dead people though. That is mildly interesting. The gas masks, too- maybe she should take one? There must be a reason that the people are wearing them. She also remembers a credit-card thing that the scientist had; she wants to know what it is.

After a minute or so of playing around with the stuff she finds on the dead people- the credit-card-thing is probably something used to get through those lock-things she saw earlier- Littlefyre grabs one of the gas masks and flings it into the room. Almost in hindsight, she takes the pistol as well. She has always wondered how these work and figures she can spend the time waiting for the inhibitor to wear off trying to take it apart.

Re-entering the room, Littlefyre closes the door, locks it, then looks around for a suitable hiding place. A set of conveniently places cabinets catches her eye- there seems to be just enough space up there for her to fit, and most things tend not to look up. Some quirk of evolution she guesses.

Hanging the mask on one of the handles, Littlefyre backs a few paces away before ‘running’ up the wall, twisting to catch the edge of the cabinet before hauling herself up- or, at least that is the intention. It takes a few tries to succeed, and once she gets up there she realizes that she left the gun on the floor. Oh well. At least she can reach the mask if she notices anything off with the air.

Yawning, Littlefyre resigns herself to boredom.