Would Your Character Survive 3.0 - Thread 17 (ALWAYS WANTING AND ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!)

writing
writing-prompt
games
game

Going to school now, but will def close the prompt when I get back!

HOW TO SURVIVE

DON’T GIVE THE GIRLS YOUR KNIFE, BUT DON’T HURT THEM EITHER. IF YOU HURT THEM, YOU WILL BE KEPT IN THE PRISON FOR ASSAULT. YOU WERE PUT IN THE PRISON BECAUSE SOMEONE THINKS YOU ARE IN ASSOCIATION WITH THEM; BUT BY REFUSING TO HELP THEM, YOU SHOW YOU ARE NOT ON THEIR SIDE, AND THEY LET YOU GO FREE.

THOSE WHO SURVIVED

@KIMMY_GRACE COOL, DUDETTE. RAVEN’S SNARK WAS REALLY FUN TO READ, AND I LOVED HOW YOU CALLED BLONDIE (THAT’S WHAT I CALL HER) “STORYBOOK GIRL”.

THOSE WHO DIDN’T

@HUSKYBAM247 BY ATTACKING BLONDIE, THE CONTROLLERS OF THE PRISON TAKE RED TO BE A VIOLENT AND HARMFUL PERSON, AND KEEPS HIM THERE 'TIL HE DIES. SORRY RED.

@X_Tri_gger_X NOW THAT THEY FINALLY HAVE PROOF THAT YOU SIDE WITH THE TWO GIRLS, THE CONTROLLERS OF THE PRISON SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH. LAYLA’S OFF-PUTTING ADVICE AT THE END MADE ME LAUGH, THOUGH!

@DAMIENWINTERS THE SAME SITUATION ABOVE. VEGA IS SENTENCED TO DEATH. BYE-BYE. ALTHOUGH I DO LOVE THE MYSTERY BEHIND THE LINE ‘CLEARLY LONG DEAD’. MAKES ME THINK ON WHY SHE IS OBVIOUSLY DEAD.

WINNER

@HuskyBam247
YAHOOTIE! :tada: I LOVED READING THE WAY YOU DECIDED TO TAKE THE SITUATION! IT WAS ENTERTAINING AND CLEVER, AND DESPITE A BUTTER KNIFE PROBABLY NOT DOING MUCH HARM… STORYBOOK PHYSICS, RIGHT? ANYWAY, IT WAS A LOVELY STORY THAT I ENJOYED READING.

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO CLOSE THE PROMPT!

The lab was white. Of course it was! White was a symbol of cleanliness, and smartiness. Or something. That was what Thanh had told her. Hanaka drummed her fingers against the chair, deciding what to do as people screamed and alarms bleated in the background. Suddenly, a shrill scream pierced the air, and despite her aversion of dying, Hanaka went to check it out. Curiousity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. Right?

There were two bodies laying on the ground. Hanaka stepped back, taking in the sight of the limp humans and gas masks and guns. Another voice from the intercom: “testees, please stay where you are…” the rest faded into the distance when Hanaka slipped on the gas mask.

Now, to decide whether to wait and stay in the lab… or escape. It was a tough decision. One one hand, she could stay where she was and she would be either left to die or rescued. On another hand, she could try to escape and she would either die trying or get a sure chance of getting out.

It was hard. But such is life.

Hanaka walked around the lab, running her hands over the glass, desks, and flasks. On another separate desk, there were a strange assortments of scalpels and knives… and other generally sharp objects used to cut something open. Hot anger surged up inside of her as she wondered what exactly they were going to do to her…

A guard ran past, and in an epiphany of survival or whatever, Hanaka grabbed a beaker full of clear fizzing liquid and threw it at the guard, hoping it wasn’t just soda and instead something much more harmful. Thankfully, it was - the guard screamed as he melted on spot, leaving his clothes, armour, and weapons behind. Sweet.

Hanaka cringed as she dislodged the gun from the armour, trying not to touch the fluid. It was heavy and when a guard screamed at her, levelling his gun to shoot her unless she stayed where she was, she reeled and shot at him. The bullet scraped his side and she shot again - this time it caught him in the leg.

She knew what to do. She couldn’t just stay in the lab and wait for them to get her again, wait for them to trap her again like a lab rat - which essentially she was, if they got her back again. She was nothing to them, anyway, if they were planning to experiment with her like a frog in a biology high school class.

With a quick flick of her wrist, Hanaka shot at another guard, making her way through the hallways and the rooms. Stuff was seeping everywhere, and dead bodies practically made up the floor, like it was The Purge. With a grin, Hanaka thought: wait 'til Thanh hears about this…

PROMPT CLOSED, RESULTS PENDING

HOW TO SURVIVE:

THERE WERE TWO MAIN PARTS TO THIS. FIRST, EITHER AVOID THE EXTERMINATION TEAMS OR ESCAPE THE FACILITY. THEY’RE CALLED EXTERMINATION TEAMS FOR A REASON. THEIR JOB IS TO KILL ANYTHING THEY FIND ROAMING THE FACILITY.

SECOND, YOU HAD TO GRAB A GAS MASK. THE FACILITY WAS EXPERIMENTING WITH A DANGEROUS GAS THAT HAD BREACHED CONTAINMENT AND WAS POISONING THE AIR, TURNING EXPOSED INDIVIDUALS INTO MONSTERS.

WHO SURVIVED:

@Sarebear02

I’M GOING TO ASSUME THAT LITTLEFRYE WAS ABLE TO STAY HIDDEN FROM THE EXTERMINATION TEAMS AND SHE TECHNICALLY DID HAVE A GAS MASK, SO YES, SHE SURVIVED.

@shadowsettle

YES, HANAKA DID ESCAPE SUCCESSFULLY WITHOUT DYING TO THE GAS. GOOD JOB!

WHO DIED: NOBODY!

WHO WON: @Sarebear02

I ENJOYED THE PART DESCRIBING HOW LITTLEFRYE LOST HER POWERS. I THINK WE CAN ALL RELATE TO THAT!

I didn’t know if this had survived or not. Huzzah!

Not sure if any of the other hosts are still available. If not I can throw together another prompt.

Hello everyone! I would like to remind everyone that we do in fact accept prompts written by you guys! Send a mod with your prompt, whether or not powers and weapons are allowed, and how to survive, and we’ll post it for you!

PROMPT WRITTEN BY @MasterLiza94 , CLOSES AS SOON AS WE HAVE ENOUGH RESPONSES

ON YOUR WAY HOME YOU FIND A BEAUTIFUL PENDANT IN SHAPE OF A FLOWER. THE THING IS COOL TO TOUCH AND YOU WONDER IF IT’S MADE OF ICE. YOU FEEL STRANGELY ATTACHED TO THE PENDANT, TO SUCH AN EXTEND THAT YOU TAKE IT HOME AND STAY UP LATE JUT TO LOOK AT IT A LITTLE LONGER. THE NEXT DAY YOU WAKE UP AND SHIVER: YOU THINK IT’S VERY COLD. THE COLD ISN’T ONLY PHYSICAL: YOU FEEL DISTANT AND UNLOVED EVEN THOUGH FRIENDS AND FAMILY TRY TO HELP YOU. ONE OF THEM (THE YOUNGER, THE BETTER) TOUCHES THE PENDANT AND STARTS TO FEEL EVEN MORE COLD THEN YOU DO. NO DOCTOR CAN HELP THEM. JUST WHEN YOU THINK THINGS COULDN’T GET EVEN WORSE YOU ARE PROVEN WRONG BY THE WOMAN WHO IS SUDDENLY REFLECTED IN THE PENDANT. SHE IS THE SNOW QUEEN! SHE CAN CONTROL YOU AND YOUR FRIEND/FAMILY MEMBER BECAUSE YOU PICKED THE PENDANT THE DAY BEFORE. THE SNOW QUEEN WANTS TO TAKE YOU WITH HER AND IF YOU REFUSE, THE OTHER PERSON WILL DIE! WHAT WILL YOU DO?

BOTH POWERS AND WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED.

Woop woop survival skills! Turns out being an emo poet actually can help you in certain situations! Nice!

Alright let’s see if I have time to go for 2 for 2 let’s DO THIS

Well.

I’m going to die again, but let’s do it after I finish studying for my math test!
Edit: I can just hear my characters screaming at me in the distance.

I don’t have many ideas for this one but we’ll see. I might surprise us.

The queen of limbo is back, albeit without grass this time.

There was this pendant they had found.

It was pretty cool. Both literally and in the common teenage misuse of words sense. Cool to the touch. Like maybe if you licked it, your tongue would stick to it because that’s how cool it was.

What.

What.

I don’t even. What am I writing. Ok anyway.

Anyway Meira had found this pendant and it was interesting her with the magical aura it was giving off. Someone had at the very least enchanted it, she could feel that. She couldn’t quite tell where it was coming from or who had done it. The signature wasn’t clear enough. It wasn’t a dragon, she could at least tell that.

Whoever was in it, whoever had enchanted it, they were demanding something from her. A sacrifice, essentially. It was her or Renon.

She couldn’t do it to her best friend. She cared about him. He was the only friend she had, and probably would ever have, if everyone stayed afraid of her.

The snow queen could have her instead of Renon.

When suddenly, Meira appeared. A much older and more mature Meira, Durendal in hand and white tattoos glowing. She looked mildly confused.

WHAT

I was bored.

But my timelines. I just spent several hours organizing them.

Don’t you mean my timelines?

Afakahdkahskahdkshdkshskshdladhksshnskslshdkskdjsljd.

She took one look around the circular room, regaining her bearings as realization touched her face. She was home. Unfortunately. She glared around the room, settling on the younger version of herself.

“Don’t do it. Kill him.”

“W-what?” Her younger self stuttered. “But, he’s- But- Renon-”

“No. You kill that fucker right this instant or I’ll do it for you.”

When the girl stayed still, looking rather bemused, Meira swiped the pendant from her hand and glared into it at the snow queen’s image.

“You can take him. In fact, the sooner the better. Get rid of that stain before it can spread and taint the world. Heaven knows it’s already destroyed enough.”

She looked at the younger version of herself.

“You’ll thank me one day. Or, won’t. Anyways, this’ll make sense when you realize how destructive he was. So then you’ll thank your future self for saving you from the heartache, because trust me, there was a lot of that.”

She’s so violent.

Meira glared up at the ceiling then.

“Whose fault is it this time, huh?”

I work with what I’m given.

Touché, my dear.

Please don’t call me dear.

Brat. Now shoo, go send the half sentient bitch back to her death or wherever the fuck you even pulled her timeline from this time.

You don’t want her to stay and feel terrible when she sees her younger self sobbing because she literally signed her younger self’s best friend’s death sentence holy hell this is so complicated remind me never to mess with timelines again please.

She’s suffered enough. Haven’t you, Meira? You got to watch Ash die!

“Oh my god.”

Now I mean it. Shoo.

This is a note for anyone who didn’t know me from the old forums: I regularly shoot to hit prompt limbo with my characters, unless I have a really good emotional bit to post.

Epoch sped across the rusted landscape, his dark leather coat flapping behind him. He was beginning to enjoy these new abilities. His model X-8 Speeder could never reach these kinds of speeds. He could feel the power coursing through his body, propelling each of his steps like a bullet fired from a gun. He couldn’t help letting his gaze wander across the landscape around him. On his speeder he would have to focus, in case it started to stray off course. He let his eyes scan the horizon, looking for any last piece of scrap he could take home. Maybe he could find some new circuits to work with.

His eyes caught a small sparkle, only a few hundred feet from him. He jumped, his super-charged muscles launching him high into the air. He couldn’t see anymore detail in whatever the unknown sparkle was. As he fell, he angled his body so that he would be on a straight path to his prize. As he touched the ground, he sprung forward, launching himself towards his goal in a single leap. He watched as the shine grew closer and closer, until it was within a hundred feet. He pulled his arm back and thrust it into the dust beneath his feet, going through the thick layer of rust and breaking through into the stone below. His legs flew above his head and into the ground in front of him. He slowed to a near stop in this odd crab position, and flung himself upright.

“Over the top and ridiculously stupid. I’ll have to work on that.” He chuckled to himself. He was glad Saraia couldn’t see him right now. He turned to the sparkle that had caught his eye. It was a small pendant, perfectly carved into a flower. It was useless to an engineer like Epoch, but he found himself drawn to it. He reached out and grabbed the pendant. He gasped. It was cold. Impossibly cold. Something like this should have been roasting in the desert sun. He eyed it, trying to find any sort of mark on it. It was spotless. No scratches, serial number, anything. The metal was perfect in every way. “I should leave this. It could be from the Citadel.” He muttered to himself. Yet, he couldn’t bring himself to drop it. He clenched his fist around the strange pendant and began running. The sooner he got home the better. He needed to examine this thing properly.

He awoke many hours later, slumped over his workbench. The pendant was hooked up to several pieces of machinery. He had a hologram with a set of charts and numbers running above him. He quickly scanned through them before swiping them away and dropping his head back on the bench with a loud thud. “Nothing. Eight hours of non-stop scanning, and there’s nothing.” He muttered, his voice hoarse. He stretched back, and groaned. He felt awful. He reached up and cracked his neck. Something felt off. He was freezing. He looked around. Everything looked just as it always had. He could see the street from his window. It was hazy from the heat outside, yet he was freezing cold.

He stood and walked out of his workshop into the kitchen. Saraia was there, looking through the cupboards. “We’re out of food. I’ll have to run to the market.” She said, pulling out an empty container. She turned to him, and grimaced. “Jesus. You look terrible.” Epoch didn’t respond. He wanted nothing more than for her to leave him alone. Usually the two of them would grab something to eat, then head out on patrol. They would often joke around and bother each other, but today he just wanted to be alone. He wanted to be with the pendant. She interrupted him thoughts with a shove. “Hey, wake up. What’s going on with you Epoch?”

He brushed her off and walked to the table, grabbing his canteen. “It’s nothing. Go by yourself. I’m staying here. There’s something I’m working on.” He said dismissively. He took a long drink from his canteen, the chilled water feeling blistering hot going down his frozen throat. He found his mind wandering back to the pendant. What the hell was it? A Hunter trap? A new Legend ability? He couldn’t even begin to guess.

He heard a loud crash from his workshop. He whipped around and ran in, finding Saraia in a heap on the floor. He rushed forward and picked her up. She was cold to the touch, her face white and her lips quickly turning blue. In her clenched fist was the pendant that had invaded Epoch’s mind. He ripped it from her grasp and stared into it. A hazy reflection stared back, but it wasn’t his. A beautiful woman was looking at him through the perfect silver. She had hair whiter than the snow in the arctic lands, and her face looked like that of the gods themselves.

“I don’t know who you are, or what you’ve done, but if you don’t release Saraia you’ll have the power of the Storm rain down on you like the fires of hell themselves.” He growled, his energy spewing out in blood red lighting around him.

The woman laughed. “Please dear boy, you couldn’t hurt me if you wanted to. I am the Queen of Ice. Your poor little Saraia is under my influence. As are you by the looks of it.” She laughed, her voice shrill and piercing. “If you want her back, you only have to come to my world. Otherwise…” She waved her hand, and Saraia gasped, her breathing suddenly stopping.

Epoch, in a panic, dropped the pendant and grabbed Saraia. “Come on, not like this. Wake up! Dammit, wake up!” He reached a hand back and charged it with energy from the Storm, thrusting it into her chest. The blood red lighting pulsed around her, forcing her heart to start once more. His head slowly turned back to the pendant, where he could see the Queen grinning at him, her smile stretching unnaturally. He picked it up and glared at her. “If I go with you, you’ll let her go?” He asked, gritting his teeth.

Her smile stretched even wider. “If you’re a good boy, I’ll think about it.”

Epoch sat silent, the lightning still shooting across his body. “Well then, a word of advice…” He muttered, squeezing the pendant tight. His eyes lit up, the blood red from the lighting filling them. “Next time you try to threaten someone, make sure they don’t have the power of the deepest layers of Hell running through them!” Energy shot through his body into his fist, where the pendant sat. The Ice Queen’s smile faded, replaced by a look of rage. He squeezed the pendant as hard as he could, feeling the flawless metal crumple beneath his fingertips. With a final yell form Epoch, and a shriek from the Ice Queen, the pendant was nothing more than a silver ball, compressed into a hunk of scrap the size of a marble.

Epoch whipped his head around, picking up Saraia, hoping beyond hope that he had made the right choice. “Please, wake up…”

Oh christ, I made that a little long, didn’t I?

Guess I got a bit carried away. Whoops :sweat_smile:

The snow queen glared menacingly at me, her icy tendrils already circling my heart cautiously.

“So, what’ll it be? That boy, Sora, having his heart frozen,” I wanted to crush the stupid pendant between my fist, but Sora was fading fast–still shivering in my arms. “Or you can simply take me where I want to go”.

I stared down at his ocean eyes, long gone was his consciousness of me. He was lost in whatever blizzard she had put over him, freezing him from the inside out. I don’t know where Kai was but I don’t think she would like the scene in front of her; her fiance dying in my arms, while I sat here defenseless, losing the man I loved. The one that I got into this predicament in the first place.

“A lot of people are going to get hurt aren’t they?” Sora would want me to do what’s right, he was always the moral one. Losing him would mean that nothing would be right in the world, that I would be lost to my own evil once again.

“Does it really matter? People have never be kind to you, seen through your darkness. Hell, there’s a reason why you wound up as the worlds most deadly killer. You don’t have a heart to freeze anymore, girl”. The snow queen was right. My little sister, Ophelia, and I traipsed through orphanages while on the run from my murderous parents. People always saw me as different, as a disease waiting to wipe the population.

“Make your choice.” Another violent shiver from Sora. I could feel my own heart preparing to shatter–from the cold or from heartbreak I did not know.

“I’m sorry, Sora.” A tear silently fell down my cheek before crystallizing against my skin. “Where do I need to go?”

My character is Ellery from my story Wielders: Protectors of the Realms!

haha you popped off but I loved it!

The longer the better! (Unless there’s a post limit.)

Prompt closing soon