☕ .•° Writer Moms °•. 📚

Hi there :grinning:

I’m looking for mom writers like me so we can share our experiences and struggles when trying to find a balance between our parenting responsibilities and our writing.

Hello, moms :heart:

I got married young, but not “teenager” young. I started writing in January this year. I am currently trying to finish my story before the year ends.

I mainly love reading and writing science fictions, paranormals, horrors, and psychological thrillers.

I am struggling so much during the holidays bc my kids have no school. I was also struggling before that bc I’m doing my PhD. So, yeah :sweat_smile:

Share your “mom” rants and struggles.

I don’t think there are a lot of mom writers on Wattpad. I hope this would be kinda our hangout… if I can find you guys :neutral_face:

UPDATE: MEET THE WRITER MOMS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey there :slight_smile:

A mom of two teens reporting here, my lady :wink:

Hi :grinning:
It is so nice to meet you :heart:

The pleasure’s all mine :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas :heart:

Merry Christmas to you too!

@odemira

:slight_smile:

Beat me to it, lol

Merry Christmas!

My daughter is in her first year of college. Time goes fast, so enjoy what you can.

Get them to write short stories and start an anthology book of their stories, that way they can write while you do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Merry Christmas to you too :grinning:

Aww. I bet you’re so proud of her.

One of them really likes reading and writing, but will never leave me alone :joy: so clingy.

The other(s) too young to read and write. But they do like the picture stories :two_hearts:

@silverdream88

Hello Everyone. I have a four year old. I got married young (in my senior year of college).

I’ve been writing as a hobby since I was 12. Nov 2017 I decided to share my stories with the world. I do find it challenging to find time to write but my husband is very supportive and gives me alone time when he’s off so I can write or do any of my other hobbies.

Hello M :grinning:
Nice to meet you :heart:

Cool. I have joined Wattpad January this year 2018, just 2 months after you.

Aww. That’s nice. Yup, I’m writing as a hobby too.

Nice to meet you too.

I joined in May 2017. One of friends who is very successful on WP advised me to join and to publish my stories on here. I told her I would but she could not promote my books. I wanted to see if people like my work on its own merits. I think getting the reads I recieved without any promotion are pretty good.

Wow. I admire the fact that you wanna work for your reads :+1:

Thanks. I am believer of if you put good work out there people will appreciate it. I try my best and I’m not saying I’m the best writer or anything.

If I really wanted to be famous for the sake of being famous and popular I could use my friend or my celebrity and pro-athlete family members to get my work out there. I don’t think that’s fair.

Mom of a two year old here :relaxed: I joined Wattpad in 2015 I think and have been writing fairly consistently since. A bit less lately I suppose ^^’

True that. :+1:

I started writing because I loved to tell stories I’ve been having in my head since I was a little girl. I didn’t have much confidence in myself when i first started writing here. I was only focusing on finishing the story and reading for fun.

Next thing i knew, I have a crazy fan base! Without ever being in the featured lists or getting advertised by a famous author, my story now has 115K reads and 9.91K votes.

Fans started a hashtag called #PrayForKevin and were greeting each other with is. So, I made an official sash and now 42 readers are wearing it! Crazy, right? :grinning:

Then a few readers made fanarts and some started asking my permission to make fanfictions using the characters of “Got Guts?” I said I would love that. Now, 15 readers made fanfictions ranging from oneshots to a few pages long.

I feel more confindent and also that made me wanna improve my writing more.

Hi Julia :grinning:
Aww. Cute! Nice to meet you!

Cool. I am new here. Joined January 5 this year ^-^" Haha.

Hello. I’m a mom of four kids and I can honestly say I’m exhausted…and under the influence of Gluhwein and Moscato. I wrote a lot when I was in high school, but I didn’t really get back into it until my late thirties. I’ve barely written in the past year because of writer’s block / stress / taking care of the kids. Hoping that I can turn things around in the new year. The desire to write is definitely here. Just have to have some cooperation from the kids.

Nice to meet you too!

Ah, almost a year then! How’s your experience with Wattpad been so far?