Writers Struggle Two Hangout: Vent, Encourage, Ask, etc

writing

I can’t write when I’m tired.

I can when I want to, but I usually just end up watching tv or scrolling through Pinterest instead. I usually run on 4-5 hours of sleep for days in a row bc my family never just lets me sleep and I have to watch the other kids. I can’t sleep when they’re awake because then the house would probably get burned down or somebody would end up with their head shoved through a wall or something.

Yeah, when I get onto Pinterest, I’m stuck there. The same with YouTube. And then I’m spending hours at the stable with my horses.

There’s just not enough hours in the day.

But I’m pulling an all nighter on Saturday.

Yikes. How come?

I’m doing a mass beach photoshoot on Sunday morning and horses are only allowed on the beach from about 5am to 8 or 9am. Which means leaving the stable at 5:30 in the morning. I sleep through alarms. I don’t trust myself to wake up to one, so I’m not going to sleep. I’ll sleep when I get home.

Oh okay. I hope it turns out good, it sounds awesome!

I hope I can make some money. Teenagers are cheap. Horsey teenagers are worse. I’m getting up at 5am for this, so I better make some bloody money.

Heh, if I had money I’d give it to you for some horse pics. I should really try to get a job this summer or find something to do in my spare time. I’d be nice to finally have some cash.

Right now, this is my second unofficial job. I’m already looking for a second job right now to pay for Sam.

First one

I think ‘Guardian’ is a good gender neutral term to use as a parental title

Might try and plan some stuff tomorrow. Instead of binge watching a TV show

can relate. the worst edit I had to do was when my editor told me to combine two 25,000 word books into one. :frowning:

Forgive me but I just read this! One of my close friends had a similar problem: she felt out of her depths when trying to write more than 500 words for the same story.

Her solution was to create multiple different 500 word stories set in the same universe — sometimes with the same characters. It was really interesting to read and made it seem like she was exploring the universe itself as a character, as opposed to a linear story about a group of people. I’m not sure if that would help you, but it is an amazing experience to read something like that.

Doesn’t seem like it’s jumping in here. Hopefully that means you’re all working on stuff? XD

I think I’m coming down with a cold and I really just want to curl up on the couch and play games or watch anime, but I guess I should finish this stupid chapter instead. I wish you all the best creative luck.

FINISH IT

I do, and I think that’s why my online friends are a fan of my writing because I try to make everything interconnected but I think it’s my mentality holding me back and giving up early

Yes, ma’m!

It is very useful to start with the short stories. Usually finding audience for them is hard, but they help you create something finished with a beginning, a middle and the end.