Writers, what wattpad stories have inspired you?

Even though it’s not my genre, I love the series starting with Bleeder by deathofcool. Definitely inspirational. Also The Hollow Ball. Edgewise. The author does a great job in these books of building a world and getting me invested in it.

.Well, the Cabin by natashapreston inspired me to write my current story. To be honest, I didn’t like the book as much as I hoped I would because of the plot and whatnot. It was more of a disappointment, honestly. So I got an idea where I would write a story that was based around the trope (the whole “cabin in the woods” type feel). I love the trope, too, and I was wanting to go for a horror story, so reading it definitely inspired me. Lol.

I don’t know if this counts, though. xD

3 Likes

I love Just Smile And Nod by Helium, and seeing how her characters have multiple layers that are shown through subtle moments. Plus her descriptions are lovely. No matter how long she takes I’m still loving her series, and I always hope the same goes for my readers.

2 Likes

I love the Bleeder series too! One of my favorites on Wattpad. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@deathofcool is great :stake:

2 Likes

She’s also one of our club moderators. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know! :slight_smile: She did sign up for the early test w/ Ambassadors only–gotta get her over here!

Virtually anything by SneezingTurtle, but mostly – Victim.

I love her writing style, I can’t exactly pinpoint what I feel when I read her stuff. inherently quirky, sarcastic, and layered. She has a way off making the most outrageous and horrifying things sound hilarious. I love it.

3 Likes

I’m working on it. LOL

1 Like

One of my favorite Wattpad works is I’m a Cyborg’s Pet.

The work alone, only by itself, probably wouldn’t have drawn my interest. But I had happened to see posts by the authors (a collaborative writing pair) in the clubs about their philosophy in writing the work. That’s what made me go look at it. And the more I learned about the authors, their ability to collaborate, their intentions, their experimental nature, their obvious combined areas of knowledge and sense of humor, etc. the more I appreciated the work. There’s a lot of meta.

If someone told me today that robots actually wrote the work or that the author was a time traveler or something, it would only add to the metafiction around the story.

2 Likes

I’ve been inspired by Caught In The Act by @brebabe . That was more recent. I love the writing style and the components of storytelling. It All Started With An Apple by TaintedRain was the first story I read on Wattpad, and it really introduced me to compelling storytelling, and also storytelling on Wattpad. Strawberry_Cream1928 's sci-fi series had inspired me since I also write sci-fi. It taught me of great plotwists and intricate characters. The most important thing I’ve learned from it, however, is the characterization of great villains.

1 Like

I think it’s no secret I’m a huge fan of @Prisim’s Draygon Frost and Draygon Inferno books. They’ve definitely inspired me and now I have this urge to go back to writing High Fantasy.

And then there’s After Humanity by @Stpolishook I was in turmoil for a while after reading that one. Emotionally, morally… She knows how to play with your emotions!

The Empty World series by @KaranSeraph - it was one of the first I read on Wattpad and I’m so happy it was. Really kicked off my whole Wattpad experience with a bang. If you’re into Vampires and deities then this is the series for you.

All these amazing writers have inspired me to do better and push myself to tell a better story. :heart:

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

For me, it was definitely Cinderelliot by Fury Evans (archertypes) that revolutionized my Wattpad experience. After I read it, I was enraptured by the story so few words could paint. I guess that’s what spurred my love for writing short stories. Because of Cinderelliot, I’ve written three short stories that I am quite proud of, read earth-shattering short stories and met some of the kindest people through them.

Oof, now I’m fangirling.

1 Like

Under Inspiring I’d have to say that it’s the Bullied series by @VeraMicic and Trapped by @SallyMason1

First up, the Bullied series. Where do I even begin ?

Omg that series was like mind blowing. Okay now I’m officially fangirling !

Even though Hayden has so much baggage, with his mental disorder, his past, their history, his gang affiliations etc, Sara always stayed strong and helped him through all, and that’s just beautiful. In this case it was the Male lead who was weak and the female who was strong in every sense and I absolutely loved it!

Secondly, let’s talk about Trapped, and take a moment of silence to just truly appreciate the kind of things that poor girl had to go through.

SPOILER ALERT!

Kelsey was kidnapoed and rapped by her brother, and after escaping from hell, she was comforted by him without knowing anything. Imagine how she felt when she was taken again by him and comes to know that it was the guy who raped her, her own brother (not related by blood, but still…) who was the shoulder for her tears after the first kidnapping. The one who ruined her completely. Yet, in the end she persevered, beat him to pulp, got her guy and traveled around the world. If that isn’t inspiring, I don’t know what is.

The how to get reads and votes guide book by @KatherineArlene was one of the first books I read… I really liked how it gave new starters something to think about… very inspiring when authors take time to share their experiences. There are many more good books but this book is more worthy

2 Likes

@KatherineArlene and @uncleL

I am now here. Thank you for your kind words.

1 Like

I totally missed this! Thank you! I appreciate it. :heart:

1 Like

Honestly? I used to like a book called ‘The Soup and Sorrow Digest’ by an author called WandoWande. It was a good story. I liked following the main character, Rico.

What else did I like? At the moment, I am liking Otherwordly: Rise Of The Silver Wolf by glennlusional. The amount of effort they have out into their world is amazing. The writing is nice.