Writers With Books Under 1k Reads

writing
friends

Let’s make friends and contemplate on ways to increase reads…I am quite uncertain about my ability to spin up thrilling stories:’(

25 Likes

Yay! I’m here for ya! :wave: For me it’s not all about reads right now - just about enjoying the writing process! :relieved:

14 Likes

It’s been that way for me too but as of late I’m getting more and more conscious of reads because I want to be a writer and at the end of the day, reads and sales matter for writing career…

10 Likes

Oh yes if it’s your goal to be a published writer then definitely! :blush: I’ve been listening to some podcasts about Wattpad and getting votes/reads and they all mentioned finishing your book first - and then basically promoting it and yourself as much as you can through comments and forums and clubs? That’s what I think I’ll do once I’ve actually finished my story!

11 Likes

Hullo! What’s this about under 1K reads?

4 Likes

Yep. I’m already promoting all over social media and nothing ever works lol I’ve even self published on Amazon yet I am setting a miraculous record of zero sales yay
I hope it works for you, though:)

5 Likes

I just thought I’d create a thread for undiscovered writers to chat and stuff:) hello

2 Likes

Not exactly undiscovered but still under 1K. That count?

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t know where to draw the line between discovered and undiscovered so I set it to 1k. You are welcomed in this thread, friend

1 Like

Oh that’s tough! It’s a pretty competitive market - I reckon perseverance is key if you believe in your work then others will too - it’s hard sometimes huh?

3 Likes

Yay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s hard sometimes. I guess right now is one of those times:( But I will believe in myself, I suppose.
How are you doing by the way? Sorry for ranting before introducing myself haha

2 Likes

What kind of book do you write?

1 Like

I have more than 1k reads but like barely any votes and that’s more discouraging than one would think cuz it means that people are interested in my story at first but don’t actually like it. Also a lot of established writers say that reads are less important and votes are better soooo…yeah

1 Like

Haha no probs! We are all here for the same reason though, right? :relieved:Argh my phone is running out of juice but I am going to find you on Wattpad and give you some reads! :+1: I’m only up to 640 reads and I think half of that are my own :joy:

4 Likes

Actually I shouldn’t be here then

2 Likes

Fantasy, action-adventure, and historical fiction

2 Likes

No that’s fine! You can stay. I share your problems

2 Likes

Damn same

2 Likes

Aww thanks

2 Likes