Writing About Type 1 Diabetes (I can help!)

About: I know about type 1 diabetes and can help with the following topics:

• Daily Life
  • How it affects eating habits
  • What they carry and need

Payment: Since all I want to do is help, I will offer my services for free. No, you don’t even have to mention me.

Just reply or DM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. :grinning:

Please tell me about daily life with type 1 diabetes, I am intrigued.

With type 1 diabetes, you have to inject yourself with needles every day. You do it before every meal, whether it is to inject insulin or to test your blood sugar. Before every meal, you test your blood sugar. Also, you have to calculate the carbohydrates (carbs) of everything in the meal. So basically, you don’t eat much sugar. Then, after you have calculated the carbs, you dose (inject insulin). Certain calculations are different for each person. After you dose, you wait a little bit and then eat.

1 Like

I just stumbled upon this and I happen to be type one diabetic. I even once tried writing the classic person gets hit by a truck, goes to another world anime scenario but the hero is diabetic.

Hi!

I’m just writing this message to let you know I’ve moved your post to the #story-services:general-writing-help Category rather than just the #story-services Category! All it does it make it so your post is easier to find for users who don’t just click on the over all group and search per category instead.

Thanks,
PurelyAliyah :purelyaliyah:
Community Ambassador.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Sounds fun!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello! :wave:

In order to ensure the threads in the Story Services club are current. After 30 days threads are closed and sunk. If you’d like to read more about this please go here.

If in the future you would like your thread closed, Add the tag plsclose to your thread along with a the message; Please Close me (And I’ll find it) or ask for it to be closed in the ‘Ask Ambassadors Anything’ thread that’s pinned in the cafe.

Thank you for understanding! :yellow_heart:

Irena

Community Ambassador