Writing Sprints | 2.0

WRITING SPRINTS

WHAT IS THIS THREAD?

Hello! I’m a writer that needs to write more and I’ve always thought that sprints are really helpful when it comes to such things. It keeps me from overthinking what I’m putting on paper, and it makes me work faster. I had a thread like this a while ago, but it’s dead at this point. If you’re interested, you can just come here and ask to sprint with anyone, but I’ll be holding daily sprints here, at 9:00PM BRT.

If you need help with anything, such as bouncing off ideas or such, I’ll be happy to help.

If you wish to be tagged when the daily sprints begin, please add your name to this list:

@bwttersweet
@cryingforelia
@_Sanguine
@_itz_shifana
@LuliWrites

1 Like

Just a heads up, but the words in the introductory paragraph (aside from ‘daily’, ‘sprints’ and ‘9:00PM BRT’) are practically invisible. They have to be highlighted in order to be seen. I’m not sure if the font is supposed to be white–or if I’m having a trip only because I’m in dark mode.

1 Like

oh, thank you! they’re black, actually. i think that’s because i didn’t specify the color.

1 Like

better now?

1 Like

All better. :+1:

1 Like

good, good. thank you so much for telling me, i keep forgetting the forums and its different themes.

1 Like

You’re welcome. (I’m going to move along so as not to derail your thread.)

1 Like

@Oblivionyx, you there?

I would like to be @cryingforelia

1 Like

I’ll add you!

Thank you

So I’ve never done this before; so can you explain to me a little better as to what this topic is?

1 Like

Of course.

Basically, you just set a limited period of time (thirty minutes, twenty, one hour) and try to write as much as you can inside that limit. The idea here is a group sprint, so a bunch of people all writing at the same time, for the same period of time. At the end, you share your word count.

Oh my god I absolutely love that idea so much! Do you know when you want to start and the time? Or do we wait for more people

1 Like

I was going to start one hour ago, but there was no one here. It’s late for me already, since I need to get up at five am. I’ll try again tomorrow, same time, if that’s okay with you?

Well what time is we’re you are? Currently is 8:39 so we might have different time zones, so you say your time and I’ll estimate mine then we can totally do it tomorrow!

1 Like

10:30PM

I’m on BRT time zone

Okay! So what time are you thinking for tomorrow? I have school and get home and comfortable around 5:30

1 Like

Something like 8:00 or 9:00 PM