Writing with a kitten

Title is relatively explanatory, but kitten owners out there, how do you write with yours? My answer is painfully. My little girl has decided typing fingers are toys. There have been times I’ve been happily typing along and then, kitten claws! And those suckers hurt.

8 Likes

Any chance of a picture?

I don’t have any kittens at the moment, but I have three cats (17, 15, and 5 years old) who love giving me problems when I’m trying to write. The oldest will mew while slowly moving closer to me then runs away when I try to pet her. The middle ‘child’ glares at me while sitting on the floor or next to the computer, and she’ll will claw at my leg on occasion. And the youngest loves laying on my feet (when he’s feeling nice) or getting in front of the computer screen or laying on the keyboard.

So how do you write with cats? You write when they give you permission to write.

6 Likes

I loove cats, but don’t have one currently. Writing with a clingy bird can be really hard too though.

3 Likes

So true :joy::joy: Though I’m lucky enough that mine are usually not in my room and outside lazing about this time of year.

3 Likes

This is what my old man cat loves to do in addition to crawling in my lap. It’s equally aggravating and adorable

2 Likes

I can’t remember what the rules for posting pics are, so go check out my twitter which is fluffyinkyy. I just posted some new ones.
Also, my other two cats aren’t always the most helpful. My 7 year old gets jealous and demands I hold him. My 5 year old won’t let me stop petting him.
They may be spoiled.

3 Likes

Oo! Bird! What kind of bird?

2 Likes

Pet pictures (even selfies and stuff) are allowed. There’s whole threads on here dedicated to them. Both pets and selfies, though normally in different threads.

If a cat’s not spoiled, you’re doing something wrong.

3 Likes

Let’s hear. I think birds are kinda awesome. And I kinda want one. But birds plus cats is kinda a hard no from Mr. Inkyys.

3 Likes

My old man used to do that. He made it to 20 before I had to put him down.
We used to compromise. I’d hold him, give him pets, and still not write. He would sit in my arms and purr.

2 Likes

They agree.

2 Likes

Same. But a bird would be far off in my future. I’m a sucker for cockatiels :blush:

3 Likes

is afraid of birds

1 Like

One of my cats is on the road to 20. And she’s an old fart now :rofl: I still love her though :heart: My other one is about 5 years younger.

You do know exactly what I’m talking about :grin:

2 Likes

And since I’ve found out they are allowed:

If I remember the order i uploaded these in right, I have Tig (tux tabby), Inky (black fluffy kitten), and Eddison (plain tabby). Plus the dog picture no one asked for named Shadow.

7 Likes

Yep. That cat was especially spoiled. I got him when I was 9 as a kitten. My others are pretty rotten too. The old man was just attached to me.

2 Likes

omg so pretty :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

ERHG. THOSE EARS. Tig’s ears. My heart melts for big ears

All those animals bein’ cute tho :heart:

2 Likes

They thank you for the worship.
The cats accept offerings on nights of the full moon (or really, any time). Inky and Eddison will take fish. Tig is weird and prefers chicken.
Shadow will take a ball. Or five.

4 Likes

He does have ginormous ears. They make him extra cute.

3 Likes